ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4eufam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Stamp 4eufam

Post by faithfulheart » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Am a non EU citizen married to a british citizen.I live in UK on a spouse visa.Me and my wife are planing to relocate to ireland.my question is do i have to apply for the stamp4 eu fam card in ireland and pass through the 6 months process or i can get it immediatly based on my UK spouse visa?

adelmurray

Re: Stamp 4eufam

Post by adelmurray » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:03 pm

faithfulheart wrote:Am a non EU citizen married to a british citizen.I live in UK on a spouse visa.Me and my wife are planing to relocate to ireland.my question is do i have to apply for the stamp4 eu fam card in ireland and pass through the 6 months process or i can get it immediatly based on my UK spouse visa?

Dear Faithfulheart ,

as far as i know your application would be processed same as any other EUfam application which is subject to the 6 months max processing time set by the EU .
it is therefore to note that it is better for you and your spouse's application to be treated under EU immigration legislations rather than the Irish national Immigration law .

best of luck

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks but what is the difference between the EU legalisation and the irish one?

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:22 am

faithfulheart wrote:Thanks but what is the difference between the EU legalisation and the irish one?
under EU Law you are covered by the directive 2004/38EC http://www.europarl.europa.eu/aboutparl ... 2.1.3.html the irish authorities can not and should not refuse your application once your meet the requirement criteria , and you have the backing of the EU if they ever do so .

on the other hand under irish immigration laws, even irish citizens do not have an automatic right to have their non EU spouses living with them in ireland , their application can be refused anytime for anything .

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 pm

when you both come to Ireland, you have to submit an application for a residence card
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights
based on the fact that your EU citizen spouse is exercising their EUTR in Ireland.
Within 6 months you will receive your decision