ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon – July 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perfectionist

ILR Success at Croydon – July 2014

Post by perfectionist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Dear readers,

First, thanks to the forum moderators & members for their wonderful contribution to the immigrant community. Probably saving people from spending money on hiring solicitors.

I particularly benefited from it in a way that if I didn’t read the ILR FAQ, I would have spent £1493 extra, unnecessarily, by applying for ILR for my UK born child. Thus, I felt that I should contribute back to the community by sharing my experience.

ILR (Main applicant)

Category: Tier 1 (General)
Switched to this category (in country): July 2009
Dependants: 0
PEO: Croydon
Documents provided:
• Appointment confirmation email x 1
• Payment sheet x 1
• Self-assessment summary x 1
• Application form x 1
• Photo x 2
• BRP x1
• Passports x 2 (current and previous)
• Life in the UK pass certificate x 1
• Recent HMRC Employment History x 1 (very important as my Payslips/P60 were online ones and my 12 month earning period was exactly the 2013-14 tax calendar period)
• eP60/Online P60 x 1
• Online Payslips x 12 (not signed or stamped by employer/HR)
• Personal bank statements (corresponding to payslips)
• Cash ISA Statement (as a proof of maintenance fund)
• Peronal letter of absence + e-tickets
• Photocopy set of above documents
Documents kept in hand as a backup:
• Last 5 years' P60s
• HMRC Employment History (Last 5 years)
• UK Msc Degree Certificate
• Latest Bank Statements

PEO Process:

• Wait at ground floor waiting room to be called for appointments for particular time slot after entry into the building
• Go through airport style security checks
• Take Lift to 3rd floor
• Go to Reception desk for verification of appointment, correct form & payment. If everything is fine a ticket number is generate and given to the applicant
• Go to Case registration (data entry into their system) after token is called with counter number. You will be asked to put all your documents into official pouch
• Biometric Registration & submitting of the official pouch
• Wait at the cafeteria

Application stage statuses

Application stages shown on monitor while waiting at cafeteria are:
• Biometric verification (against police database)
• Awaiting consideration
• Under consideration (here if case worker needs more info they might ask your ticket number to go to specific counter or call your mobile)
• Ready for collection
• Collection (As decision has been made, your ticket will be called to go to specific counter to collect the Home Office decision letter and your documents. Your old BRP will be kept by Home Office on successful application.)

BRP delivery

New BRP will be posted to your address given in application form. “DX Secure” tried to deliver mine on the 2nd working day and missed. I collected my BRP from one their offices/collection point later on.

Hope this helps.

Thank you & good luck with your ILR application.

hsr1972

Re: ILR Success at Croydon – July 2014

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Congratulations for your ILR!! How many days you were absence and what was the reason you specified as "Reason for absence" ? Could you please share us your absence covering letter and do we need to produce any Evidence letter from employer if you are within 180 days ? Kindly share your thoughts on this query?

-hsr_72

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Thank you hsr_72.

I was absent less than 180 days. The reason was "Visiting family". I didn't provide letter from employer. I ticked "Other" and then wrote "Personal Letter" in the explanation box.

You can download my template letter from here.

Hope this helps.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing your absence letter format .Even i have less than 100 days of absence and do you think if i write a letter with the similar template which you have shared would be sufficient? I wanted to know what exactly the term "compelling " Reason mean ? When you say other option it says in the form it should be compelling reason or compassionate ? What does this mean all my trips are personal visit to see family in that case i need to enter any thing in the form ? Kindly clarify the same it would be much appreciated.

-hsr_72

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 am

Hi hsr_72,

This letter is sufficient. Compelling reasons are when someone's illness/death etc are the reason for your trip. But don't worry about that. I was worried like you before going to PEO.

In the last 5 years I had changed job once and all my trips were with my previous employer. When I contacted them, they said they don't have any records now since I left more than 2 years ago. I didn't make any trip while working for my current employer. Thus, I had to make this letter myself.

I guess this letter is not of much importance for PEO appointments. Numerous people in this forum has confirmed it. I took courage from them and succeeded. In my case, Home Office didn't even keep the letter for their records.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks Perfectionist for your time to respond my query. I have a last query from my end please don't mind , I have done 3 trips to india, during those 3 trips i was with 2 employers where i have absence letter from those 2 Employer which i don't submit to them ,One of my trip to india i was Sole trader and i don't have any evidence because I was IT freelancer back in 2011 and i was away for 31days and I did family visit and also i did some IT training course. My query is in the letter as advised by you If i just say " Family Visit " for this trip would be sufficient since any way my absence is less than 100 days .Kindly respond my query and it would be much appreciated .

-hsr_72

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:18 am

Hi hsr_72,

I think that would be sufficient. Keep the letters from 2 employers as a backup with you.

Hope this helps.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Ok thanks a lot Perfectionist for my query. I am relived now as you are saying i will just keep those employers letters with me but i will keep it handy with me and i don't submit those letters unless they ask . As you are saying if you are going PEO appointment they don't ask any evidence as long as you are less than 180 days absence .

Thanks a lot Perfectionist .

-hsr_72

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for info! I have couple of question i hope you guys help me.
I will qualify for ILR on 6 Oct 14 (5 yrs) on Tier 1 (G) (Visa valid Dec 2014). My 2 questions are

1- Can I apply middle of September 2014 as 28 days before qualifying period?
2- Previous earning points I am showing 10 months payslip from my previous employer and 2 month from current employer however, unfortunately my previous company was closed due to financial downfall and most of my points claiming from my previous employer. Will this effect on my previous earning points? I have online payslips(singed) with previous employer letters + Bank statements showing salary reflect to payslips + online P60 (singed) + letter from employer that my payslip and p60 are authentic. But I am worried if home office want to confirm direct from company and company doesn't exits now.

Please let me know answers.

Thanks in advance