ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Misssy
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Misssy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi everyone, I just registered even though I have been following this forum since September 2012.
My application for FLR(O) was done in March 2012.
Refused in April 2013
PAP done / no response / JR filed
Oral hearing not successful
Next step court of appeals.

Judge agreed I meet all requirements except insurmountable circumstances. Barrister disagrees as he thinks they did not consider article 8 and believes I should continue to fight. Oral hearing was today and I am full of despair.

I would really appreciate if Believe2013 will please send me a DM as we have a few things in common. Any advise from everyone will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Hello misssy,

Welcome!! Sorry about your refusal I hope u Win at d court of appeal. Could u please she'd more light on your application please. How long have you been in the country and on what basis did you apply. Thanks

Misssy
Newly Registered

Post by Misssy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks for the response BSmith.
At the time of the application, I had been here for 10 years. It's now 12years.
Applied for DL based on private life.
My partner and I have been together for six years and have lived together for 5years.
The Home office refusal letter stated I met all the requirements; genuine relationship, household income requirement, etc, except the insurmountable circumstances.

I'm not sure what happens at the court of appeal. I was hoping there is someone here who is going through that process and can help shed some light for me.

Really nice of you to reply so quickly.
Thank you.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Hello misssy,

I understand how you feel, those people are something else as they don't even go by their own rules. Do you have any child with your partner? As that can strengthen ur case the more I have someone close to me that's going through the same issue but they keep refusing, they even refused her pap. Are you planning of getting pregnant as that's what I think you should be planning for.

Misssy
Newly Registered

Post by Misssy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:49 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello misssy,

I understand how you feel, those people are something else as they don't even go by their own rules. Do you have any child with your partner? As that can strengthen ur case the more I have someone close to me that's going through the same issue but they keep refusing, they even refused her pap. Are you planning of getting pregnant as that's what I think you should be planning for.

Lol! I see what you mean about the baby, but I don't want to have a baby for immigration. I don't think I will be in the right frame of mind to bring an innocent child into this.

Kombwe
Newly Registered

Post by Kombwe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:43 pm

@bsmith That's totally outrageous to start having kids, you can't just have kids because of immigration . I agree with you @Missy don't start having kids before you get married do things in a right way. I would advise you to keep fighting what you started initially . The home office encourage people have kids but it's not automatic you will be granted. How can you look after a child with no job.10 times burden.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Can I ask any one who successfully obtained leave under FLR (FP):

• How long they usually grant the first leave / visa?
• And what does it say on Residence permit?
• And any work allowed or not?
N/A

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:59 am

Morning All
@ Misssy I've sent you pms but you are obviously unable to pick them up . Please go to settings for the forum and activate receive emails from members and then will take it from there. Thanks
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Misssy
Newly Registered

Post by Misssy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Morning All
@ Misssy I've sent you pms but you are obviously unable to pick them up . Please go to settings for the forum and activate receive emails from members and then will take it from there. Thanks
Hi Believe 2013, I've just done that.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I hope I get the emails soon.
Kind regards.

Kiran khan
Newly Registered

Post by Kiran khan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:32 am

Hi all um still waiting a reply from home office. Its been 1 month. Still waiting

geemo

Post by geemo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to find posts for extension to 3 years flro applications discretionary leave timeline.
Any pointer to the right forum is appreciated.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:16 pm

geemo wrote:Hi all, I'm trying to find posts for extension to 3 years flro applications discretionary leave timeline.
Welcome geemo. You are definitely in the right forum. It was only recently changed since the FLR (O) has been replaced with the FLR (FP) forms. But all extensions still has to be done with the FLR (O) forms if that was what was used for initial application.

geemo

Post by geemo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:39 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
geemo wrote:Hi all, I'm trying to find posts for extension to 3 years flro applications discretionary leave timeline.
Welcome geemo. You are definitely in the right forum. It was only recently changed since the FLR (O) has been replaced with the FLR (FP) forms. But all extensions still has to be done with the FLR (O) forms if that was what was used for initial application.

Thanks, you re correct.
I was hoping to be able to view other peoples timelines for recent applications so as to gauge what is currently happening in the HO.
It hasnt been easy though since people have mainly been discussing issues and not sticking to the basic headlines:

Application Date:
Time Receivd by HO
etc
etc
Last edited by geemo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 pm

geemo wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Thanks, you re correct.
I was hoping to be able to view other peoples timelines for recent applications so as to gauge what is currently happening in the HO.
It hasnt been easy though since people have mainly been discussing issues and not sticking to the basic headlines:

Application Date:
Time Receivd by HO
etc
etc

Please do not feel discouraged by that. It's still a healthy forum with it's core values intact. Answering your question on recent applications, If you are just renewing your DL, the response from the home office has seen a faster response time in these recent times. This I want to clarify if you circumstances based on your initial application still remains accurate in order words not changed, I believe it's the usual checks and should receive a response within 6-8 weeks if not earlier. I believe once you submit yours and share with us your timeline, others can follow suit as it's been a little while anyone here has posted extension application timelines

Joyofthelord
Newly Registered

Post by Joyofthelord » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Hullo everyone am new here just wanted to share my timeline
Applied 14-07-2014
Acknowledgement received 17-07-2014
Biometrics letter:21-07-2014
Biometrics done:22-07-2014
Doc received :waiting
Brp;waiting
Applied to extend discretionary leave

djbonnet
Newly Registered

Post by djbonnet » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi. Really like to hear from people with the same timeline as mine for flr(fp). Overstayer married with british citizen and 2 kids. Many thanks

geemo

Re: FLR(O) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by geemo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Date Applied/Doc sent 28-06-2014
Date Ack received 01-07-2014
Date Biometrics letter:04-07-2014
Date Biometrics done:16-07-2014
Date Doc received :waiting
Date Biometric received :waiting
Applied to extend discretionary leave

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Sent our flr(fp) application today, should arrive tomorrow. Two years since we started our journey, hopefully it will end this year. Now the count down starts...
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

djbonnet
Newly Registered

Post by djbonnet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:54 am

flozo64 wrote:Sent our flr(fp) application today, should arrive tomorrow. Two years since we started our journey, hopefully it will end this year. Now the count down starts...
Very best of luck. Where there is hope, there is faith. Where there is faith, miracles happen. :lol: :)

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:56 am

flozo64 wrote:Sent our flr(fp) application today, should arrive tomorrow. Two years since we started our journey, hopefully it will end this year. Now the count down starts...

Hey Flozo64, noticed we have sent our application almost the same time, did u use the new application form which was updated 28/07/14?

Hello everyone, I sent a new FP application on Monday 28/07/14 and yesterday l noticed the form had been updated on the same Monday. Do u think my application will b affected? Anyone with such an experience?

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:40 am

Hi,

No we used the older form but I don't think it should make any difference, our solicitor sorted it for us.

I wouldn't worry, nothing we can do now but wait!

What is your situation @ma logo?
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

Africanthunder
Newly Registered

Post by Africanthunder » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 am

Hi guys, I hope all is well with everyone. Well just to update.....have just got a phone call from my solicitor, and the news is not good. My application was rejected due to the fact of my criminal convictions. I will share more after I have seen the rejection letter etc tomorrow, but now am at a total loss what to do...any suggestions please please please...??

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 pm

flozo64 wrote:Hi,

No we used the older form but I don't think it should make any difference, our solicitor sorted it for us.

Just worried the HO use any small excuse to refuse applications. I applied on the basis of a British wife and British child. 1st Application was refused last year July had applied May 2012. Reasons being we could go back to our country. Starting signing at an immigration Centre November 2013. What about you Flozo64?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Africanthunder wrote:Hi guys, I hope all is well with everyone. Well just to update.....have just got a phone call from my solicitor, and the news is not good. My application was rejected due to the fact of my criminal convictions. I will share more after I have seen the rejection letter etc tomorrow, but now am at a total loss what to do...any suggestions please please please...??

So sorry to hear of this. The caseworkers are so impatient these days and due to their laziness, they refuse on very stupid reasons. The Lord is your strength and when there is a will, there always will be a way. I would particularly love to know what the refusal says cos I believe this can only be used against you if you are a repeat offender and/or the conviction(s) has not been spent under the rehabilitation act which I also believe discretion could have been used.

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:23 pm

Ma logo wrote:
flozo64 wrote:Hi,

Just worried the HO use any small excuse to refuse applications. I applied on the basis of a British wife and British child. 1st Application was refused last year July had applied May 2012. Reasons being we could go back to our country. Starting signing at an immigration Centre November 2013. What about you Flozo64?
My husband is the non eu, we applied first back in August 2012, but applied wrongly on flr(m) and were refused on financial basis. We appealed and lost - they said we could go and live in his country. We have a 15 month old son. So finally we are applying on flr(fp) based on a british wife and child. Hopefully we will both hear good news soon!! :wink:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14