ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected work permit!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

petereliot1
Newly Registered

Rejected work permit!!!!!!!

Post by petereliot1 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:57 pm

i recieved a letter from the DETE rejecting my application for work on basis of spouse\ dependent permit.
they said the Employment Permits Section are not accepting applications pending the outcome of the EU1 review, which meand anything they had on the web was all bullshit!
the only hope i did have seems to have just vanished into thin air!

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:19 pm

I am very sorry to hear about that, I think I'll send my wife back to America, because this Ireland thing is not working :(
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 am

That's very bad... what did your new employer had to say about this? Can they do anything?

greengrass
Newly Registered

permission to remain

Post by greengrass » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:41 am

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:I am very sorry to hear about that, I think I'll send my wife back to America, because this Ireland thing is not working :(
my wife went to the Immigration Officer in Cork yesterday, together with the refusal letter, and was told to contact the DoJ to ask for "Permission to Remain".

Static

Re: Rejected work permit!!!!!!!

Post by Static » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:52 pm

petereliot1 wrote:i recieved a letter from the DETE rejecting my application for work on basis of spouse\ dependent permit.
they said the Employment Permits Section are not accepting applications pending the outcome of the EU1 review, which meand anything they had on the web was all bullshit!
the only hope i did have seems to have just vanished into thin air!
this is weird. did you apply? or your employer? mine went so smoothly...

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Static, it appears you got yours in the nick of time, they've now stopped issuing them to spouses of EU nationals pending some review.

k8
Newly Registered

Post by k8 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am

Greengrass, you may want to rethink the "permission to remain" angle if you need a fast decision - which I think is actually impossible in Ireland.

I applied for permission to remain in November 06 and was told it would be 4 months, then 6 months. I rang tham after 6 months and was told it probably wouldn't be looked at for another 6 months. Good luck though!