ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Licia2113
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Licia2113 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi all, I am originally from Vancouver in Canada but have born living in the UK for the last 7 years via work permit route. submitted application via NCS for myself and my son in May. My hubby naturalized as a citizen in April. Application was submitted on the 15th May via our local NCS. Our son was about 4months old when the application was submitted. She was born in canada shortly before my husband naturalized although I had ILR at the timer she was born neither myself nor my hubby were British citizens. The NCS advised that my daughter was not eligible for naturalization as she did not have ILR , I nevertheless took the risk to apply for registration under section 3(1) as both myself and hubby will be british citizens and we didn't want to leave her out. Could someone please advice. Thanks

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Licia2113 wrote:Hi all, I am originally from Vancouver in Canada but have born living in the UK for the last 7 years via work permit route. submitted application via NCS for myself and my son in May. My hubby naturalized as a citizen in April. Application was submitted on the 15th May via our local NCS. Our son was about 4months old when the application was submitted. She was born in canada shortly before my husband naturalized although I had ILR at the timer she was born neither myself nor my hubby were British citizens. The NCS advised that my daughter was not eligible for naturalization as she did not have ILR , I nevertheless took the risk to apply for registration under section 3(1) as both myself and hubby will be british citizens and we didn't want to leave her out. Could someone please advice. Thanks
Good news. My daughter was in a similar situation as yours. I was given the same information by NCS as you that she needs to apply for ILR. I still applied directly and she received her registration document on the 31st of July last week under section 3(1) .

Be sure that you have provided proof that your intention and subsequently your daughters intention is to settle and make UK her main home and provide proof of strong ties to the UK. If you havent mentioned this in your application form then do so now by providing the extra evidence in support of your application.

Another plus point is that from your post I assume that both you and your husband had ILR, therefore settled status at the time of her birth, so that helps make your grounds for registering your baby very strong.

Dont worry and wait for good news when it finally arrives.

Worst case scenario if they do decided against registering, do seek legal advice and submit a review, because your application ticks all the boxes for section 3(1) as per my own daughters application. Do go through my old posts and you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Best Wishes

Licia2113
Newly Registered

Post by Licia2113 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:59 am

ayoubtt wrote:
Licia2113 wrote:Hi all, I am originally from Vancouver in Canada but have born living in the UK for the last 7 years via work permit route. submitted application via NCS for myself and my son in May. My hubby naturalized as a citizen in April. Application was submitted on the 15th May via our local NCS. Our son was about 4months old when the application was submitted. She was born in canada shortly before my husband naturalized although I had ILR at the timer she was born neither myself nor my hubby were British citizens. The NCS advised that my daughter was not eligible for naturalization as she did not have ILR , I nevertheless took the risk to apply for registration under section 3(1) as both myself and hubby will be british citizens and we didn't want to leave her out. Could someone please advice. Thanks
Good news. My daughter was in a similar situation as yours. I was given the same information by NCS as you that she needs to apply for ILR. I still applied directly and she received her registration document on the 31st of July last week under section 3(1) .

Be sure that you have provided proof that your intention and subsequently your daughters intention is to settle and make UK her main home and provide proof of strong ties to the UK. If you havent mentioned this in your application form then do so now by providing the extra evidence in support of your application.

Another plus point is that from your post I assume that both you and your husband had ILR, therefore settled status at the time of her birth, so that helps make your grounds for registering your baby very strong.

Dont worry and wait for good news when it finally arrives.

Worst case scenario if they do decided against registering, do seek legal advice and submit a review, because your application ticks all the boxes for section 3(1) as per my own daughters application. Do go through my old posts and you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Best Wishes
Ayubutt, thanks so much for your response, it gives me a little peace of mind. Yes both my hubby and I had ILR at the time of her birth and my hubby became a citizen few months thereafter . I am now applying for my own citizenship and have included her in my application. She currently does not have a UK visa has she entered the UK on her Canadian passport as a 6 months tourist. Because she is only a few months old I have no evidence to proof her ties to the UK other than that both parents reside here and one of her dad is a citizen while I hold ILR. We also included a covering letter with her application explaining this . Thanks do much

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 am

Licia2113 wrote:It's so crazy all our applications seem to be on hold

yeah no progress what so ever...

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 am

ayoubtt wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:
ayoubtt wrote:UPDATE

Hi IndiMarshall, to be honest I have no idea what their criteria is, especially in the current situation. But according to the Audit report I read online which was a good 4 years or so old, they prioritize by starting the difficult applications first and then while they are waiting for any further information or replies from the applicants they process the easy applications.

So good luck and best wishes.
Thanks for the response..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:53 pm

As suggested by my friend I dropped in an email about my naturalization application to 'NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' with ref number.

Following is the Automated reply I got with the following heading -
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE

Have they now stopped responding to emails ? Or is this the standard reply ?

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:13 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:As suggested by my friend I dropped in an email about my naturalization application to 'NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' with ref number.

The reply to the first email is a generic one which states the same information that you have received, but also includes rightttt at the bottom point number 16 another email address where you can email if the information in the generic email does not answer your enquiry.

For that one the answer that you get takes upto 4 weeks :shock: I emailed them on the end of april and got a very standard generic reply back first week of june which didnt even answer my question which was very detailed, complex and unique. (almost 5.5 weeks to NOT reply to an email).

Good luck

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:37 pm

ayoubtt wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:As suggested by my friend I dropped in an email about my naturalization application to 'NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' with ref number.

The reply to the first email is a generic one which states the same information that you have received, but also includes rightttt at the bottom point number 16 another email address where you can email if the information in the generic email does not answer your enquiry.

For that one the answer that you get takes upto 4 weeks :shock: I emailed them on the end of april and got a very standard generic reply back first week of june which didnt even answer my question which was very detailed, complex and unique. (almost 5.5 weeks to NOT reply to an email).

Good luck
Thank you. 5 weeks waiting time for a reply ? I thought they will reply in atleast 2 weeks.

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 am

Mine:

Eligibility criteria: 2YR HSMP + 3YR L1 + 2YR ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):PBS used docs
Current nationality: Chinese
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: North lanarkshire council
Date of application: 20/05
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/05
Date of aknowlegment: 28/05
Date of debit or clearance of fees: not sure, 29/05 ?
Date approval received: awaiting...
Date of ceremony:awaiting...

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife has applied for BC and here are the details:

Eligibility criteria: 2 yr + ILR (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 21/05/2014
Date of Debit of fees from bank account (used debit card): 02/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/06/2014
Date of receipt of approval: eagerly awaited
Date of Ceremony: awaited

We are concerned that the application is taking too long but are a little relieved that some of our other fellow applicants on this forum are also waiting for their approvals unfortunately

pinaypie
Newly Registered

Post by pinaypie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

Hi,

Eligibility criteria: 6 years (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS winchester
Date of application: 06/05/2014
Date of Debit of fees from bank account (used debit card): 13/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 16/05/2014
Date of receipt of approval: waiting and waiting its been 3 months now
Date of Ceremony:waiting

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:56 pm

I Just had a look at Feb and March threads.. its quite depressing.. All this while I thought we May applicants will hear atleast in 3 months. Most of the users here and there in other timeline threads have decided that it will take 6 months or more.. why do you guys think so ?.. Did I miss any news .. why is it taking so long. I understand that there is backlog for passport and UKBA staff have moved to that dept but has anyone said it will take a real 6 month period at the moment (i understand the law say 6 months) but .. there is no information what so ever.. Has any adult Apr/May applicant heard anything so far.. ?

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Most of the April applications applied till 3rd Week, were cleared within 6 weeks.

After that nothing progressed.

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 am

I applied on the 2nd April, still I've never heard anything! Just it can take up to 6 months and very rarely goes over 6 months.
I guess it will come when it comes, there's no point being concerned as they have never written asking for anymore details, so inshallah it will come when ready.
We will only end up in the backlog of the passport applications and waiting there!!!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:40 am

Marie1981 wrote:I applied on the 2nd April, still I've never heard anything! Just it can take up to 6 months and very rarely goes over 6 months.
I guess it will come when it comes, there's no point being concerned as they have never written asking for anymore details, so inshallah it will come when ready.
We will only end up in the backlog of the passport applications and waiting there!!!
Agree!
Everybody just chill and go on a long holiday or something (unless of course you did not use NCS in which case eeeek).
I'm not even bothered anymore. Like Marie said, Inshallah it'll come when it's ready.
Goodluck.

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Application accepted 29.07, citizenship ceremony 02.09 I did it guys, all luck to you noe

mash2u
Newly Registered

Post by mash2u » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:59 pm

1just wrote:Application accepted 29.07, citizenship ceremony 02.09 I did it guys, all luck to you noe
Congratulations 1just! Great news...

I assume you got the approval today with the letter dated 29th of July, correct?

Guchi
Newly Registered

Post by Guchi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:22 am

1just wrote:Application accepted 29.07, citizenship ceremony 02.09 I did it guys, all luck to you noe
Congrats 1just, whoa whoa some movement in May applications... happy for you!!. Hang in there guys, it will happen for us all in time.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:55 am

congrats mate..

For others who are curious to know his route.. here it is .... Am I correct '1just' ? There is a some confusion in the post there as your post has
man4uni wrote:
I hope this info is yours..

Eligibility criteria:9 years
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):naric and life in uk test
Current nationality:Polish
Method of application:self app
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 1.05
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 3.05
Date of aknowlegment: awaiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 9.05
Date approval received:awaiting
Date of ceremony: awaiting

wizkid
Newly Registered

Post by wizkid » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:53 am

Eligibility criteria: 2YR HSMP + 3YR TIER1GEN + 1YR ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):PBS Used docs + life in the UK
Current nationality: Ghana
Council name if NCS used: Brent Council
Date of application: 07/05
Payment method CC/DC, Personal Cheque, Bankers Cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05
Date of acknowledgment: 15/05 (Received in the Post 19/05)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05
Date approval received: 01/08 (Received in the Post 07/08)
Date of ceremony: Booked

Guys movement has begun with May Applicant - I have monitored the site since I applied without Posting anything, but giving the circumstance we are all in and the anxiety and long wait, I thought I should share the good-news to lift up the spirit and manage expectation of People. Believe me when I say YOU are next ... It is coming! Good Luck everyone - God bless you and thank you!

mah

Post by mah » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Congratulations Wizkid

Licia2113
Newly Registered

Post by Licia2113 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:54 pm

wizkid wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2YR HSMP + 3YR TIER1GEN + 1YR ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):PBS Used docs + life in the UK

Guys movement has begun with May Applicant - I have monitored the site since I applied without Posting anything, but giving the circumstance we are all in and the anxiety and long wait, I thought I should share the good-news to lift up the spirit and manage expectation of People. Believe me when I say YOU are next ... It is coming! Good Luck everyone - God bless you and thank you!
Congrats wiz kid, you have given us some hope and put some life back in the forum

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 am

wizkid wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2YR HSMP + 3YR TIER1GEN + 1YR ILR

Thanks so much wizkid for the information u shared..

My route is almost same as you
Eligibility criteria: 3YR HSMP + 2YR TIER1GEN + 1YR ILR

This gives me hope ...

Nir
Newly Registered

Post by Nir » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:20 am

Eligibility criteria: 5YR HSMP/Tier1 + 1YR ILR
Current nationality: India
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 08/05
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/05
Date of acknowledgment: 16/05 (Received in the Post 19/05)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/05
Date Documents Received with letter indicating application successful: 07/08 (Received in the Post 11/08)
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

MunchkinMoo
Newly Registered

Post by MunchkinMoo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 am

Shaheen, any chance we can get the spreadsheet updated :-)