ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Imp Info needed about Approval letter & Passport being stuck

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Imp Info needed about Approval letter & Passport being stuck

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

Hi All,

I applied my Naturalizaton on 14th May 2014 and received acknowledgement letter on 21st May. Till now I didn't hear anything about Approval....

I have an important travel to do out of UK from 8th Dec 2014 to -Jan 10 2015 which I cannot stop . I have to attend a important family ocassion for sure.... couple of scenarios are making me concerned -

1)What if Approval letter for Naturalization arrives when I am on vacation. With in how many days should I respond to attend the ceremony.. I heard that I can attend ceremony in 90 days but what is the time limit I have to respond ? Also what if the ceremony date is the day I am on vacation?

2)What if I Complete my ceremony and if I send my certificate and Indian passport, If passport gets stuck with them for British passport Interview, I am not sure what to do .. how can I travel then? If I ask them to cancel .. should I again start all my naturalization process again.. ?

Please let me konw.
Last edited by IndiMarshall on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Imp Info needed about Approval letter & Passport being s

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Bumping this..

Someone pls respond..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Amber,Casa,vinny and other immigration experts pls reply

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:40 pm

I am not an immigration expert but have gone through the whole immigration journey from HSMP to BP. 2 things to consider here;

1. You applied in May 2014, so it is highly unlikely that you will have to wait till December to sort these things out. In the current processing times the worst situation could be you get your naturalisation 4 months after the application date (Late September 2014) which gives you enough time to get your BP passport.

2. Just say you don’t hear anything till a day before you travel to India which still gives you 90 days to have your ceremony. Your travel days only show 30 days so you should have sufficient time. Your respond time is 90 days.

Not sure how helpful my answer will be but that’s how I see this. You can get expert advice from senoir members of the forum if they respond. Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------

Advice provided should not be substituted for any professional or legal advice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:01 pm

MP1982 wrote:I am not an immigration expert but have gone through the whole immigration journey from HSMP to BP. 2 things to consider here;

1. You applied in May 2014, so it is highly unlikely that you will have to wait till December to sort these things out. In the current processing times the worst situation could be you get your naturalisation 4 months after the application date (Late September 2014) which gives you enough time to get your BP passport.

2. Just say you don’t hear anything till a day before you travel to India which still gives you 90 days to have your ceremony. Your travel days only show 30 days so you should have sufficient time. Your respond time is 90 days.

Not sure how helpful my answer will be but that’s how I see this. You can get expert advice from senoir members of the forum if they respond. Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------

Advice provided should not be substituted for any professional or legal advice.

Thank u for your response... I hope your words become true wrt to first answer..:-)

So I can respond in 90 days is it? I read somewhere that applicant will have only 2 weeks to respond and 90 days to attend the ceremony ...

Can someone pls answer..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:41 pm

You have a limited time (+/- 2 weeks) from date of approval letter to BOOK your ceremony date and time.

You have to ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days of the approval letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 am

CR001 wrote:You have a limited time (+/- 2 weeks) from date of approval letter to BOOK your ceremony date and time.

You have to ATTEND your ceremony within 90 days of the approval letter.

Yes this is what I read elsewhere too.. i.e Applicant has to respond in 2 weeks.

can you tell me what if the post arrives when I am on vacation.. what can I do then? .. will there be any email id if not ph number as I may be thousand miles away without telephone network to make International calls .. I can compose an email and will ask my cousin to drop it confirming the attendence for cermemony ?

Also can some one reply about what happens if my Indian passport gets blocked with Passport office.. what if I ask them to cancel and return to me ?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Amber.. can u pl answer my questions..

@ others anyone?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:20 am

If you used the NCS you can ring them periodically, they'll tell you if confirmation has arrived and they'll let you book a ceremony over the phone.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 am

Amber wrote:If you used the NCS you can ring them periodically, they'll tell you if confirmation has arrived and they'll let you book a ceremony over the phone.
Thanks...Good to know this.

Can you answer my another question as well ?

What if I Complete my ceremony and if I send my certificate and Indian passport, If passport gets stuck with them for British passport Interview, I am not sure what to do .. how can I travel then? If I ask them to cancel .. should I again start all my naturalization process again or should I restart my Passport application process again.. ?

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 am

IndiMarshall wrote:
Amber wrote:If you used the NCS you can ring them periodically, they'll tell you if confirmation has arrived and they'll let you book a ceremony over the phone.

What if I Complete my ceremony and if I send my certificate and Indian passport, If passport gets stuck with them for British passport Interview, I am not sure what to do .. how can I travel then? If I ask them to cancel .. should I again start all my naturalization process again or should I restart my Passport application process again.. ?
There is no magic solution to this. If your passport is stuck, your travel is stuck.

You can ask them to cancel your passport application process, they may listen and they may not. If they listen to your request, the most likely scenario is they will process your passport application and send an interview letter so that your British passport process is expedited. Canceling your current application is hardly ever done and even if it is done, the return of your documents will take its own sweet time.

The issue here is you are thinking much ahead of time which is not going to help you Once you get your naturalization approved and ceremony done, you need to visit the forum and see what is the current turnaround time for passports by then. Holiday peak being over, I guess they will return to normal 1 month period. You need to then judge whether you should apply for passport before leaving UK or after returning to UK. It is a very simple judgement when taken at the correct time. You lose nothing by deferring your passport application till your ceremony back home is done. There is no defined time that you have to apply for British passport by.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:38 am

akash08 wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:

There is no magic solution to this. If your passport is stuck, your travel is stuck.

You can ask them to cancel your passport application process, they may listen and they may not. If they listen to your request, the most likely scenario is they will process your passport application and send an interview letter so that your British passport process is expedited. Canceling your current application is hardly ever done and even if it is done, the return of your documents will take its own sweet time.

The issue here is you are thinking much ahead of time which is not going to help you Once you get your naturalization approved and ceremony done, you need to visit the forum and see what is the current turnaround time for passports by then. Holiday peak being over, I guess they will return to normal 1 month period. You need to then judge whether you should apply for passport before leaving UK or after returning to UK. It is a very simple judgement when taken at the correct time. You lose nothing by deferring your passport application till your ceremony back home is done. There is no defined time that you have to apply for British passport by.
Thanks
Yes I am thinking ahead of time :lol: to be at peace if the worst should happen.