ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) Extension DELAY

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vip_gotit
Newly Registered

Tier-1 (General) Extension DELAY

Post by vip_gotit » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 am

Hi Members,

I applied for UK Tier 1 (General) - Extension for myself and my dependant (wife) on 13th June 2013. Our Biometrics was done within a week and payment was taken from my account.

It has been over an year now and still my application is under process.
All I get from UKBA is a letter every few months saying my application is still under process and "due to highly complicated and complex case of my application it is taking longer than expected".

I am a techie working full time with decent earnings and provided all documents with my application. Same as I did when I applied for Tier-1 first time around. So, I believe mine is a simple straight case.
I fail to understand what the “complexity” in my case is.
I call them and they helpfully tell - “your case is with the caseworker under process, we don't have any further information".

After applying, my wife conceived, had full 9 months of pregnancy, gave birth to a lovely baby :) - who is nearly 3 months old and now ready to fly and meet the grandparents back in India. But can't as we can't make baby's passport without ours.

Also, I can't apply for a mortgage to buy a house while the property prices skyrocket.. :|

Please reply:
1. Is there anyone else waiting for such a long duration for their extension?
2. Has anyone else received letters on the same line - "your case is complex"?
3. Engaging an Immigration Solicitor after applying, helps? Has any of you done that?
4. What can I do? Except waiting indefinitely?

Thanks,
vip_gotit

O_Relly

Re: Tier-1 (General) Extension DELAY

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am

Sorry to hear about your situation, it is absolutely ridiculous that they are taking a year to decide a case of an applicant in full time employment.

I have a feeling this is a case of them misplacing your documents and still searching, hopefully that is not the case.

I have seen cases in the forum where people have submitted apps via postal and have had emergency travel requirements and have contacted their local MP to hasten the process with UKBA and has worked for them.

I would recommend you take this route. Emergency or not, UKBA/UKVI holding up you app for this long is unacceptable, unless you have a colourful past history with them that they are investigating.

Good luck.
Cheers,
OR

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:53 am

O_Relly wrote:Sorry to hear about your situation, it is absolutely ridiculous that they are taking a year to decide a case of an applicant in full time employment.

I have a feeling this is a case of them misplacing your documents and still searching, hopefully that is not the case.

I have seen cases in the forum where people have submitted apps via postal and have had emergency travel requirements and have contacted their local MP to hasten the process with UKBA and has worked for them.

I would recommend you take this route. Emergency or not, UKBA/UKVI holding up you app for this long is unacceptable, unless you have a colourful past history with them that they are investigating.

Good luck.
and once you get your decision, make a complaint and get compensation.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

vip_gotit
Newly Registered

Post by vip_gotit » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks O_Relly & UKBALoveStory

Documents LOST??? :?
If this is true, what will happen? They won't make a new passport for me! (scared)

And, no I don't really have a colourful history with them. Too plain and straight forward.
I have tried through an MP, though of not my area, and it didn't move anything.
Though, on your advise I will write to my local MP.

Is there anyone out there in a similar situation ? (screaming out loud)
Any help?

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your case , i am too in the same situation but not 1 year old mine is just 6 months old.
Just got 1 letter from Home office in the last 6 months after biometric.

I write / call them and ask if they need anything please do let me know but no reply.

I am also confused now how to procced, contacting our local MP or via court is one choice but there is no law stating that they should make the decision immediately ( advice i got from a solicitor) may be for some people it have worked.

reallly worried and tensed now .

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:09 am

secondtier1 wrote:Hi,

Sorry to hear about your case , i am too in the same situation but not 1 year old mine is just 6 months old.
Just got 1 letter from Home office in the last 6 months after biometric.

I write / call them and ask if they need anything please do let me know but no reply.

I am also confused now how to procced, contacting our local MP or via court is one choice but there is no law stating that they should make the decision immediately ( advice i got from a solicitor) may be for some people it have worked.

reallly worried and tensed now .
your case is more peculiar and problematic, because as you said it's just been 6 months for you, which means you applied this year after on 2014 when service standard has improved considerably, and you are only one i heard about who haven't got any decision. If you check timelines, anyone applied this year got approval within a month's time. Is yours a complicated case?
@vip_gotit applied last year when UKBA service was lovely at best.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 am

From my point of view my application is straight forward

I am perm employee do have all the payslips and p60 and this my second ext, first ext successfully completed on apt 2012 and btw this 2 years there is not much changes to my circumstances

I do accept that from 2014 Home office has improved a lot which we can see,but why do they need to keep my application for such a long time without any explanation.

I do write to them /call them on a weekly basis if they do new any more document to ease the complexity for which they don't reply at all.

It's has reached its height don't have any more patience with me.

vip_gotit
Newly Registered

Post by vip_gotit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11 am

between my last post and now, I contacted my local MP, whose office within a week sent me a personalised letter by post, stating that they will contact the relevant office.
But it has been nearly a month and I still have not received any correspondence from Immigration department. The last letter of apology over delay (without any reason) was sent to me in March 2014.

@secondtier1 yours is 6 months delay, mine is over a year and I know a person at my work who is at 1year 4months......
My case too is a straight forward case as yours.

It seems that due to absence of law on any time limit for processing of applications, even solicitors can't do anything much on our behalf.

What course of action are we left with then??

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:38 am

As I was searching very heavily on internet abt the delay found out that there is some thing called preaction protocol which can be used before moving to JR and found a solicitor who does this (
http://www.arshadmahmood.com/judicial-r ... eview.html)

Haven't tried this solicitor yet, just doing further research on this.

Without any proper reason they can't keep the application for such a long time this is not fair.

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 am

Hi,
We are in a similar situation. Me and my husband(main applicant) have applied for our extension on 12th June 2013 but haven't received any decision till date. Have got the local m.p involved to chase up the case for us but didn't really help. Just wanted to know if there is any progress in the applications of people who have posted here before and going through the similar situation.
Can something be done regarding issues like these which put our careers and personal life at stake considering our passports being held by the home office for such long durations? This is seriously not expected from the home office. It would be great to hear any suggestions from the senior members regarding this matter and what can be done next because we just cannot sacrifice our lifetime in waiting for the decision.

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 pm

@shravya.bhanuri sorry to hear about your case unfortunately nothng cant be done against HO as you need to wait.

Also meanwhile check the following
1.check with HMRC whether there is any pending file returns ( you can call them up for doing the same)
2. check for any pending bills in your name as you would have forgot to pay as you shifted home

review your case thoroughly again for the last 2-3 years for any pending things, also write to the case worker in a polite way to speed up the application process.

Hope things will change soon

Regards

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:23 am

@secondtier1.. much thanks for your reply. Will go through everything that you have mentioned. Have you got a decision on your application?
thanks

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Yes my case got approved last month !

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Congrats! Hoping for the best in our case too.
Thanks

PCA5
Newly Registered

Post by PCA5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi friends
When ukba calls to collect documents for the delayed applications, do they always tell the outcome on the phone or they just ask you to come and collect the documents????
Thanks

ashfan
Newly Registered

Post by ashfan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Friends...

I am another victim of Home Office Premium Delayed Service. :) ...

I applied with my dependent for Tier 1 General Extension and took the premium service to get the visa straight away. I drove from London to Liverpool but after taking my biometrics they ask me to go back and till today there is no response. During this process my I have to take my wife to hospital but she don't have an ID to show as soon as she come here I sent the documents for extension and never get a chance to apply for a basic ID.

I spoke to the local MP and they keep on writing to home office and they just come up saying we are processing and doing checks from local authorities, inside / outside country and police. My record is fully clean but all the time when I apply for visa or extension it take ages. Previously when I switched to this category it took 1.5 years to get my passport as UKBA refuse my visa first and I win the appeal and even then they took 1.5 year to process. Also in about 2008 when I requested for student visa extension it took more than a year.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on ...

Please suggest me what to do.

Thanks

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:20 am

Ashfan, are you self employed or regular employee with a company? Also how many sources of income did you show?

ashfan
Newly Registered

Post by ashfan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi Asmiali,

I submitted application in July 14 and my income through my own company as a director so I provided my payslips , bank statement and a UK degree. It is the only source of income I have. I am running my IT company and providing my services to one of the blue chip client.