ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tinkersweets
Newly Registered

Family Visit Visa

Post by Tinkersweets » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 am

Hey guys, hope you can help.

I'm writing this on behalf of my cousin, she would like to have her parents over to visit.

She's a single parent with her 2 children aged 7 & 8, she is a British citizen and in reciept of benefits, she has a 2 bedroom flat, very spacious.
Her parents are Bangladeshi citizens, who actually are now residing in America with another daughter of theirs. They have the green card. They would like to visit the UK to visit this cousin and then return back to America.

Can anyone help on whether she would be eligible to apply for the parents to visit? Financially, another cousin can show £14,000 as the financial support given, would that be okay?
And if they could apply, how could they go about applying? Since the parents now actually live in America.

Hope you can help.
Thank-you very much in advance

Tinkersweets
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visit Visa

Post by Tinkersweets » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Anyone?

Rayking

Re: Family Visit Visa

Post by Rayking » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:08 pm

It's the parents that would have to prove more they have enough finances for their travel. They need this as evidence that they're financially Ok to come and would be going back after their visit.
Whatever to prove that, like properties in their home country,good salary or any source of income which they can back up with proofs.
They need this,someone sponsoring then can't just say I'm taking care of everything without them providing proofs on their part too.