ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Second Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Second Extension

Post by secondtier1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi All,

Need suggestion regarding my application.

I have applied for tier 1 second extension along with 2 dependants on Jan 31 2014 and on 14th Feb completed my biometric and on 20th Feb i received a letter from Home office stating that my application is complex and they have passed to extended team.

I have written to Home office multiple times asking for any more documents required to support my application , but so far they haven't asked and when calling customer care they do advice me that i need to keep on waiting.

AS its more than 6 months, do i need to keep on waiting or can i raise a complaint or what's the better way to proceed.

Is anyone in similar situation.

Many thanks

Malik44

Re: Tier 1 Second Extension

Post by Malik44 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Best way is involve your local MP and try to give any reason why you need quick response on your application like (you have travel arrangements, some one is ill back home etc).
I did this in 2009 after 5 months wait and got my visa within 10 days.

vip_gotit
Newly Registered

Post by vip_gotit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 am

I did this, sending a Doctor's letter of a relative seriously ill, which was actually very much the case, after 5 months of applying( applied for tier 1 extension last June) to UKBA.
Got no reply.... !

vip_gotit
Newly Registered

Post by vip_gotit » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi secondtier1,

Did you consult any solicitor? Is that any useful?

secondtier1
Newly Registered

Post by secondtier1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:17 pm

sorry i thought i posted my update here in the forum i got my visa approved on 20th August.

So some points to check ( sit and relax and think )

Check with HMRC is there any pending file returns to be submitted and
Check for any pending payments( utitlity bills , council bills ) as you would have shifted home and forgot to pay the outstanding amount.

In my case becoz of something else I called up HMRC to find whether i need to do any tax returns and found out that there was one i need to file but to say that i was lucky after filing the tax in Jul 14 found that there is an outstanding amount which i was supposed to get from HMRC and by mid of Aug i received my approval letter not sure whether this clearing the HMRC worked or not, so its worth giving a call to HMRC and other agencies which you might think is a possible reason to hold your application.