ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wik
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by wik » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 pm

thanks,
I applied 28 days early and attached latest 1 month bank statement...
Regards
helostar wrote:
cool mind wrote:
wik wrote:Dear coolmind,
UK degree, transcript, passports, LIUK test and bank statements. payment through debit card. I also submitted royal mail Special delivery return envelope with my application so that they return my docs in it.

Regards
wik
Thanks for your information. I think enclosing special delivery envelope is a good idea because you can track your documents and even you can collect your package from local royal mail unit at your suitable time even before they attempt to deliver at the applicant's address.
congrats bro:)
i got 2 questions...
did you apply 28 days early of your qualifying period??
and for how many months bank statements you attached??
thanks
helostar

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks shahjee1234. Yes the questions relates to A series not D. Many thanks again

migrant80

Post by migrant80 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:24 pm

i have received my brp approval letter and LIUK certificate on 6/08 which i was sent with my set lr form .
i haven't received my passport degree etc which i was submitted with my original tier 1 ent application (i was varied into set lr).
i call HO but didn't get any help as the HO agent didn't know anything.
should i make an online request for return of documents or is there any other option available?
kind regards

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Assalam, hi everyone just one quick question.i am going to apply in week time for set lr. Is 07/14 form is the latest. And plus I have joint home bills with my wife . Does she need to sign at the end as well where it says joint account or joint utility bills.

Thanx

Regards
Shahsahab

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi ,
I submited my ILR application yesterday but forgot to circle the amount 1093 to be deducted from my card (A16). However I did tick box A1 and selected the fee. Do you think my application will be returned?

Thanks

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed786786 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi Shahjee or Senior Members,
I have gathered and arranged documents which I will send with my SET(LR) application as follows:

Covering Letter
Application Form
Life in the UK TEST
UK B.SC ( DEGREE ) And a Printout from the point based calculator( only 4th page of the PDF summary results)
All Ten year HOME office approval letter along with entry clearance letter
Copies of my Passposts before damaged with all entry and exit stamps as Two previous has been washed with cloths.
2 year P60s with 28 month payslips
3 year council tax bills on joint names
9 month bank statements
4 NHS card covering 10 year with all my GP acceptance dates
Employer letter
ACCA course passed certificates

I am enclosing all the above because my previous two passports have been washed with clothes in 2010 and then I have got my current third passport and applied for Transfer of conditions to My current passport.
As all the entry and exit stamps in my previous damaged passports and most of them are unreadable but I have copies of all the relevent pages of my entry and exit stamps before my passport damaged and enclosing everything I have with set(LR) application.

Also please help me Q-C6 in application form as follows:

Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or
which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

As I have a BRP with my current third passport and I have travelled Pakistan on it in Octber 2013 so what should be the my answer to question C6.
As all the sticked were attached in my previous two passports.

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ahmed

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Guys,

Quick query, My 10 years period will be completed on the 7th of Oct 2014. However, as per rules I can apply 28 days prior to 7th Oct.
I want to post my docs asap so what is the earliest date to post my application in order to reach HO in 28days period?

Many thanks

style123
Newly Registered

Post by style123 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Dear All, SHAH JEE in specific

I have been a silent reader of this forum as i applied for my ILR on 20th March. By the grace of ALLAH I have received my passport and Card yesterday.

I have some basic questions to ask. My wife is on a Tier 1 dependent Visa which is valid till 25th Feb. i have below questions if you immigration gurus can please answer

1) Can she travel to Pakistan with me on this visa or she needs to change her visa as per my new status before she travels?
2) What Visa does she needs to apply for? Is it FLR (M)?
3) What are the requirements and processing time for FLR (M)? ( If this is correct visa type)
3) When can she apply for ILR? She came to UK on 25th April 2012 as Tier 1 General dependent.
4) Under which category will she apply for ILR?

I will be very thanks full to you guys if you can please help me.

May ALLAH bless you all and help those who are still waiting for their passports and documents.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 pm

style123 wrote:Dear All, SHAH JEE in specific

I have been a silent reader of this forum as i applied for my ILR on 20th March. By the grace of ALLAH I have received my passport and Card yesterday.

I have some basic questions to ask. My wife is on a Tier 1 dependent Visa which is valid till 25th Feb. i have below questions if you immigration gurus can please answer

1) Can she travel to Pakistan with me on this visa or she needs to change her visa as per my new status before she travels?
She needs to change her visa as a dependent of settled person asap prior to travel to Pakistan.
FLR (M)
3) What are the requirements and processing time for FLR (M)? ( If this is correct visa type)
Various requirements but primarily proof of annual income of minimum 18.6K plus additional amount if there is any dependent child.cohabitation proof that you both are living together since she arrived in the UK in 2012, proof of her English language competency and sufficient accommodation proof for the entire family. Processing time can be up to 2 months by post
3) When can she apply for ILR? She came to UK on 25th April 2012 as Tier 1 General dependent.
She will have to wait for 5 years once she gets her dependent visa under FLR (M), please bear in mind that all her previous stay in the UK will be disregarded and will not be considered for her future ILR residency requirement.
I think once she will complete her 5 yrs. she can apply for ILR under SET (O).

May ALLAH bless you all and help those who are still waiting for their passports and documents.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Guys,

Quick query, My 10 years period will be completed on the 7th of Oct 2014. However, as per rules I can apply 28 days prior to 7th Oct.
I want to post my docs asap so what is the earliest date to post my application in order to reach HO in 28days period?

Many thanks
Hi Arsal385,
The earliest you can apply is any time after the 10th of September 2014.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Ahmed786786 wrote:Hi Shahjee or Senior Members,
I have gathered and arranged documents which I will send with my SET(LR) application as follows:

Covering Letter
Application Form
Life in the UK TEST
UK B.SC ( DEGREE ) And a Printout from the point based calculator( only 4th page of the PDF summary results)
All Ten year HOME office approval letter along with entry clearance letter
Copies of my Passposts before damaged with all entry and exit stamps as Two previous has been washed with cloths.
2 year P60s with 28 month payslips
3 year council tax bills on joint names
9 month bank statements
4 NHS card covering 10 year with all my GP acceptance dates
Employer letter
ACCA course passed certificates

I am enclosing all the above because my previous two passports have been washed with clothes in 2010 and then I have got my current third passport and applied for Transfer of conditions to My current passport.
As all the entry and exit stamps in my previous damaged passports and most of them are unreadable but I have copies of all the relevent pages of my entry and exit stamps before my passport damaged and enclosing everything I have with set(LR) application.

Also please help me Q-C6 in application form as follows:

Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or
which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

As I have a BRP with my current third passport and I have travelled Pakistan on it in Octber 2013 so what should be the my answer to question C6.
As all the sticked were attached in my previous two passports.

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ahmed
Hi Ahmed Bahi,
Firstly regards to your question about C6, please mark it YES and give the Passport/ travel document number.
Now regards to your case, it is really unfortunate that you lost your old passports, but as you rightly said that you are attaching extra documents just to consolidate your application, and it's always better. Please make sure to mention regards to the old passports not being attached and hence you are providing all the 10 years approval letters from Home Office to compensate to that effect.
So your application is looking good. My prayers and best wishes.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:23 pm

shahsahab wrote:Assalam, hi everyone just one quick question.i am going to apply in week time for set lr. Is 07/14 form is the latest. And plus I have joint home bills with my wife . Does she need to sign at the end as well where it says joint account or joint utility bills.

Thanx

Regards
Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Yes 07/14 is the latest SET(LR) for to apply.
Regards to signing section 5 on the form, the answer is yes, as it is joint names so it is important for her to sign the consent for the Home Office verification checks. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

timmoo
Newly Registered

Post by timmoo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Dear All,

Currently I am on Tier-2 visa and my wife is on Tier-2 dependent visa. I complete my 10 years in UK on 11 Sep 2014, and my wife will complete 10 years on 29 Nov 2014 (she came about 1.5 months later to UK):-

1) Should I wait for my wife to complete her 10 years and then we apply for ILR same time, or is it okay for me to apply earlier (and her to apply in few weeks time)?
2) What documentation is required for Set(LR) application (we have all our previous passports with us)?
3) Thirdly, the application asks about the date of travels (in/out) of UK. Are we just required to put dates there, or do we also need to include any additional relevant documentation?

Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by timmoo on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:Guys,

Many thanks
Hi Arsal385,
The earliest you can apply is any time after the 10th of September 2014.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Many thanks Shahjee as always you have been proactive in resolving our issues. Is it OK to post on 10th Sept so that it will be reached HO on 11 Sept 2014. I am a bit curious as because of minor mistake I dont want my application to be returned and will waste precious time.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
shahsahab wrote:Assalam, hi everyone just one quick question.i am going to apply in week time for set lr. Is 07/14 form is the latest. And plus I have joint home bills with my wife . Does she need to sign at the end as well where it says joint account or joint utility bills.

Thanx

Regards
Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Yes 07/14 is the latest SET(LR) for to apply.
Regards to signing section 5 on the form, the answer is yes, as it is joint names so it is important for her to sign the consent for the Home Office verification checks. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
shahjee but why the other joint customer need to sign.here as utility bills are not needed to attach. Isn't it is for joint account holder only?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 pm

style123 wrote:Dear All, SHAH JEE in specific

Hi style123,
First of all congratulation on reaching the mile stone, enjoy your freedom.
Regards to your questions I will answer them in the same order to the best of my ability
1. No she need to change her visa to that do FLR(M) before she travel. FLR(M) is further leave to remain as dependent of a settled person.
2. Yes you right she need to apply FLR(M)
3. Processing time for FLR(M) is 2-3 months, and you need to prove the financial requirement, means to say that your house hold income ( income of you and your Mrs together is at least £18600. Life in UK test result, English language qualification A1 level, Other documents like marriage certificate, bills in joint names, bank statements in either joint names or separate names, any savings accounts, any other documents supporting the application, like utility bills in joint names etc
3. just to let you know that you have repeated the number for the questions, so the answer to this question when can she apply for ILR ? is she can apply for her ILR 5 years after she get her FLR(M), so the first step is to get FLR(M), when is for 2.5 years and is extendable for another 2.5 years, so that she complete her 5 years to qualify for her ILR through SET(M).
4. She will be applying ILR under the category of dependent of a settled person who have completed 5 years legal stay on FLR(M)
I hope it helps.My prayers and best wishes for your Mrs application.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Many thanks Shahjee as always you have been proactive in resolving our issues. Is it OK to post on 10th Sept so that it will be reached HO on 11 Sept 2014. I am a bit curious as because of minor mistake I dont want my application to be returned and will waste precious time.
Hi Arsal385,
If I am you than I will make sure to leave a couple of more days on top, just to make sure that there is no issues, so send it may be by 13th of September 2014, just playing safe.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:15 pm

cool mind wrote: shahjee but why the other joint customer need to sign.here as utility bills are not needed to attach. Isn't it is for joint account holder only?
you are spot on cool mind, as Shahsahab asked hence I answered, it is for some one who is attaching utility bills or joint bank accounts.
So Shahsahab, cool mind is right, you don't need to send any utility bills, but if you are sending any just in case, and they are in joint names, than both have to sign the consent in section 5.
Kind regards
Shahjee

style123
Newly Registered

Post by style123 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:59 am

Thank you Arsalan and ShahJee for detailed responses but i have few more questions if you can help me with please.

1) What if my Wife hasn't passed her "Life in the UK test" at the time she applies for FLR (M)
2) Is her current visa status not valid anymore ( My Tier 1 General is valid till end of Feb 2014 and so is her dependent visa)? what if she travels to pakistan on the same status?

Regards
Aadam

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 am

1. For FLR(M) Life in the UK test is not required, its required for settlement/ilr. FLR m 2 requirements are, english language and financial requirement of 18,600 per year.
2. She needs to switch her visa to FLR m before travelling.

style123 wrote:Thank you Arsalan and ShahJee for detailed responses but i have few more questions if you can help me with please.

1) What if my Wife hasn't passed her "Life in the UK test" at the time she applies for FLR (M)
2) Is her current visa status not valid anymore ( My Tier 1 General is valid till end of Feb 2014 and so is her dependent visa)? what if she travels to pakistan on the same status?

Regards
Aadam

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:46 am

style123 wrote:Thank you Arsalan and ShahJee for detailed responses but i have few more questions if you can help me with please.

Regards
Aadam
Hi style123,
The answers to your question is
1. Wik has rightly suggested that you don't need Life in UK test result for FLR(M), I previously suggested that it is a pre- requirement but no it's not, you need English language test but you can apply with out Life in UK test, as that is required at the time of settlement.
2. Her current visa status is valid but for a reasonable time, members have extensively discussed and reached a conclusion that a dependent have 28 days to change their visa to that of FLR(M) once the main sponsor receives his or her ILR. You must change her visa to that of FLR(M) before travelling abroad. As you know it is only logical, she acquired her dependent status from you being on Tier1, as you are no more on Tier1 hence her status as dependent of Tier1 need to be changed to that of dependent of a settled person through FLR(M).
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Last edited by shahjee1234 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:50 am

timmoo wrote:Dear All,

Currently I am on Tier-2 visa and my wife is on Tier-2 dependent visa. I complete my 10 years in UK on 11 Sep 2014, and my wife will complete 10 years on 29 Nov 2014 (she came about 1.5 months later to UK):-

1) Should I wait for my wife to complete her 10 years and then we apply for ILR same time, or is it okay for me to apply earlier (and her to apply in few weeks time)?
2) What documentation is required for Set(LR) application (we have all our previous passports with us)?
3) Thirdly, the application asks about the date of travels (in/out) of UK. Are we just required to put dates there, or do we also need to include any additional relevant documentation?

Many thanks in advance.
Well, regarding your ILR application, I'll advice you apply asap,any time from 14/08/14, which is 28 days to your arrival date. Why? HO is so unpredictable. How would you feel if the category was abolished ,say, next week?...So there's no point waiting for your wife to complete her 10 years before apply.

Since you have all your passports containing your visa stamps, that should do. And make sure you include your test of english lang and life in the UK test certs.

Regarding the dates of travel, the dates should be fine.No point including any additional documents
...All the best

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 am

Thanx jazakallah shahgee for ur help.

As i am not sending any joint bills so don't need signature from my wife.One more thing want to ask, as per 6 apr rules whoever applies (flrm) as dependant they ll get two 2.5 years visa and their previos preiod as dependant will not be combiled with new period. A solicitors explained to me that is right that u can not combine this but the whole period can be combined towards ten years time. because for ten year they don't say that your ten years will start again from the beginning. Hope he is right as i have not read that anywhere that dependant can not combilne their previous time towards ten years. they can not combilne towards flrm though. Your expert opinion will help lot of people and other seniors's opinion is also appreciated.

Thanx
Regards
shayhsahab

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 am

shahsahab wrote:Thanx jazakallah shahgee for ur help.

As i am not sending any joint bills so don't need signature from my wife.One more thing want to ask, as per 6 apr rules whoever applies (flrm) as dependant they ll get two 2.5 years visa and their previos preiod as dependant will not be combiled with new period. A solicitors explained to me that is right that u can not combine this but the whole period can be combined towards ten years time. because for ten year they don't say that your ten years will start again from the beginning. Hope he is right as i have not read that anywhere that dependant can not combilne their previous time towards ten years. they can not combilne towards flrm though. Your expert opinion will help lot of people and other seniors's opinion is also appreciated.

Thanx
Regards
shayhsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Yes your Solicitor is right, any time spend previously in this country will count to her 10 years long residency. That is not a problem at all. Regards to FLR(M) yes they will get a 2.5 years visa which is extendable by another 2.5 years to qualify them for ILR on SET(M).
Kind regards
Shahjee

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:19 pm

kamransh wrote:Hi ,
I submited my ILR application yesterday but forgot to circle the amount 1093 to be deducted from my card (A16). However I did tick box A1 and selected the fee. Do you think my application will be returned?

Thanks
Any suggestion guys?

Thanks