ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chohans

Re: Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Post by chohans » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Yazzy wrote:
chohans wrote:Hi Yazzy,

I got a letter from the MP today saying:

Thank you for your email
I have contacted UK Visas and immigration in order to support your case and have been informed that the Entry Clearance Officer was notified of the outcome of this case on 11th July.
It could take normally up to 6 weeks from 11th July - and possibly longer - until your husband hears from the authorities in India.
I am pleased to have been of assistance to you on this occasion.

Not sure whether contacting him helped or not....
Hi Chohans,

I called the British High Commission in India today and they told me they received the determination letter today :lol:
They said the embassy is closed tomorrow but my husband should be contacted in the next few days or sometime next week

I'm not sure if i believe them
But if we don't hear anything by end of next week i will just call them again
Hiya
That's such good news, you are lucky someone actually speaks to you when I call they say I have to email :(
I'm sure you will hear something this week. The waiting is the hard but it's worth it :D
Im off work next week thinking of going to India on Friday as I havnt seen my husband since March, but tickets are so damn expensive!!!!!

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Hey,
Yeah i was so surprised. I was expecting them to say email us.
Have u called the number that shows up at the bottom of their email when they email u back.
Coz that's the number i used
I'm praying we both hear something soon InshaAllah
Yeah ticket prices must be sky high right now..But you should go see him... I haven't seen my husband since January :(
Spouse Application: 7th January 2013
Application Refused: 18th March 2013
Appeal Allowed: 29th May 2014
Visa Stamped: 7th August 2014
FLR (M): Applied in Person at Croydon 12th April 2017
BRP Recieved: 18th April 2017

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 pm

chohans wrote:
Yazzy wrote:

I got a letter from the MP today saying:

Thank you for your email
I have contacted UK Visas and immigration in order to support your case and have been informed that the Entry Clearance Officer was notified of the outcome of this case on 11th July.
It could take normally up to 6 weeks from 11th July - and possibly longer - until your husband hears from the authorities in India.
I am pleased to have been of assistance to you on this occasion.

Hi Chohans,

I called the British High Commission in India today and they told me they received the determination letter today :lol:
They said the embassy is closed tomorrow but my husband should be contacted in the next few days or sometime next week

I'm not sure if i believe them
But if we don't hear anything by end of next week i will just call them again
Hiya
That's such good news, you are lucky someone actually speaks to you when I call they say I have to email :(
I'm sure you will hear something this week. The waiting is the hard but it's worth it :D
Im off work next week thinking of going to India on Friday as I havnt seen my husband since March, but tickets are so damn expensive!!!!!
This is what is at the bottom at the email:
Correspondence Unit | UK Visas and Immigration | Home Office | British High Commission -Shantipath- Chanakyapuri - New Delhi -110021 I

(Fax: 91- 11- 2419 2524)
NO TELEPHONE NUMBER :evil:

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am

Yazzy wrote:

Hiya
Correspondence Unit | UK Visas and Immigration | Home Office | British High Commission -Shantipath- Chanakyapuri - New Delhi -110021 I

Hi Chohans,

Alhumdulillah my husband got a call just now asking to confirm his date of birth and wife's name, then they told him they are calling from the British High Commission for his passport
They said he doesn't have to wait for the call letter and he can courier the passport to them with a copy of my passport.
He doesn't need to send the TB test.
They said when the passport is ready they will call him. :D
InshaAllah you hear something very soon as well

chohans

Post by chohans » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Yazzy wrote:
Yazzy wrote:

Hiya

Hi Chohans,

Alhumdulillah my husband got a call just now asking to confirm his date of birth and wife's name, then they told him they are calling from the British High Commission for his passport
They said he doesn't have to wait for the call letter and he can courier the passport to them with a copy of my passport.

OMG im so happy for you, :D :D this is wonderful news, that was so quick... you must be so happy and relieved the wait is finally over... why cant ur husband take it personally to them instead of sending it via courier

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Chohans,

InshaAllah you hear something very soon as well[/quote]

OMG im so happy for you, :D :D this is wonderful news, that was so quick... you must be so happy and relieved the wait is finally over... why cant ur husband take it personally to them instead of sending it via courier[/quote]

Hey,
Thank you! Yeah it is a pressure of my head but until my husband doesn't get the stamped visa in his hand i wont fully be at ease but Alhumduillah it is a huge relief.
My husband did ask them if he can take it to them by hand directly but they said no just send it via courier and they gave their address which is the same address i have from the email they sent me.
InshaAllah you hear something in the next few days :)

chohans

Post by chohans » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Yazzy wrote:

Hi Chohans,

OMG im so happy for you, :D :D this is wonderful news, that was so quick... you must be so happy and relieved the wait is finally over... why cant ur husband take it personally to them instead of sending it via courier[/quote]

Hey,
Thank you! Yeah it is a pressure of my head but until my husband doesn't get the stamped visa in his hand i wont fully be at ease but Alhumduillah it is a huge relief.
My husband did ask them if he can take it to them by hand directly but they said no just send it via courier and they gave their address which is the same address i have from the email they sent me.
InshaAllah you hear something in the next few days :)[/quote]

Hiya yazzy,

Just to let you know HE GOT THE PHONE CALL TODAY :D :D
But they told him go to New Delhi and give his passport with a copy of my passport on 25th August - as they are very busy, once they get the passport on 25th they will process it wihin 2 days (not sure if I believe that).

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm

[/quote]

Hey,

Hiya yazzy,

But they told him go to New Delhi and give his passport with a copy of my passport on 25th August - as they are very busy, once they get the passport on 25th they will process it wihin 2 days (not sure if I believe that).[/quote]

Hey Chohans,
OMG CONGRATS!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
I just knew u would hear something this week :lol:
Awwww ur gona be counting down until the 25th now..
InshaAllah i think they will give it back in 2 days
When i called and they told me they would contact my husband in the next few days, i didn't believe them but they did so InshaAllah they stick to their word and process it in 2 days
Let me know when he gets his passport stamped and i will do the same InshaAllah
The courior company said its been delivered
But I'm gona call the embassy on Monday to find out if they received my husbands passport and see how long they will take to stamp it

chohans

Post by chohans » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 am

Yazzy wrote:

Hey,

Hiya yazzy,

But they told him go to New Delhi and give his passport with a copy of my passport on 25th August - as they are very busy, once they get the passport on 25th they will process it wihin 2 days (not sure if I believe that).[/quote]

Hey Chohans,
OMG CONGRATS!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
I just knew u would hear something this week :lol:
Awwww ur gona be counting down until the 25th now..
InshaAllah i think they will give it back in 2 days
When i called and they told me they would contact my husband in the next few days, i didn't believe them but they did so InshaAllah they stick to their word and process it in 2 days
Let me know when he gets his passport stamped and i will do the same InshaAllah
The courior company said its been delivered
But I'm gona call the embassy on Monday to find out if they received my husbands passport and see how long they will take to stamp it[/quote]

Hi Yazzy,

Thanks, its been a long haul but like the saying there's always light at the end of the tunnel... let me know what they say on Monday

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:54 am

All

I would like to provide some good news in that my wife's settlement dependent visa has been confirmed and she received her visa and passport today from VFS, Chennai. A big thanks to the moderators for clarifying some of my questions and for other members sharing info on their application process at various stages.

I wanted to provide all the information of my wife's application, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me.

Documents submitted

1. VAF4A Application form
2. Appendix 2 form
3. Sponsorship undertaking form
4. UKBA Online application printout with passport photograph
5. Wife - TB test results
6. Wife - Academic Transcripts for 3 years and letter from College that degree was taught in English
7. Wife - NARIC letter confirming her english is C1level
8. Wife - Passport
9. Marriage certificate - Hindu and Tamil
10. Marriage Album (of about 20 photos covering various parts of the wedding)
11. Marriage invitation (tamil and english)
12. Mine - 12 months current account bank statements (from July 30th 2013 to Jun 30th 2014)
13. Mine - 12 months savings account statements (from June 1st 2013 to Jun 11th 2014)
14. Mine - 12 months attested payslips (from July 26th 2013 to Jun 26th 2014)
15. Mine - Tenancy Agreement + email printout from Landlord confirming she is aware of the changes and is ok with it
16. Mine - Utility bills (1 council tax statement + 1 water tax bill)
17. Mine - Passport photocopy (old+new) and BRP cards (old+new) attested by notary public in India
18. Mine - Employer letter (confirming employment status, start of employment and salary)
19. Mine - P60's (last 7 years as I have been employed for last 7 yrs) all attested at work
20. Gtalk scan - just one scan to show us chatting
21. Rebtel (like Lebara service) printout for last six months to show phone calls
22. Covering letters for wife and me (each clearly stating what they are producing as evidence for the application as per above)

Process timelines -
1. Submitted docs on 11th July 2014
2. No correspondence from VFS or UKBA. Checked on 23rd for status with UKBA and they confirmed the application has been received and is in queue for assessment.
3. Received call from VFS on 1st August 2014 to collect passport
4. Passport collected today with entry clearance visa stamped

Personal experience to note -
1. Make sure your wife removes her henna before visa application! we had a major last minute tension with that!
2. VFS returned the VAF4A and Appendix 2 forms back to my wife saying she dint need it!! I have no clue how they can be so rubbish in actually returning back the actual application saying its not needed. Thankfully she told me when we were there at the office and I made sure she went back and submitted it again forcefully.
3. For some reason we dint get any correspondence from UKBA or VFS about the progress of the application. I think ensuring you have all the docs properly assembled and submitted will make your case very strong to be processed quickly.

Good luck to everyone else who have applied or are going to apply!
Sankyb

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 am

Hey Chohans,
My husband called Mumbai Bandra today who confirmed they received my husbands passport.
Its been forwarded to the Visa issue department and it will take upto 2 weeks to be stamped
They said they will post it to my husbands address
My husband said he would like to collect it by hand, but they said no it can only be posted to his home address
They wont even let him know once the passport is ready
It will just arrive at his address, so which means my husband cant go out as it can come anyday :roll:
He still needs to do his medical again, as he needs to show it on arrival when he arrives at Heathrow, and he can only do it once he gets his passport back
Ur husband should get his medical done if he hasn't already so once visa is stamped he can book and come ASAP
I think he will probably come 1 week after he gets his passport back
I think ur husband and my husband will land in London around the same time by the looks of it :wink:

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 am

Yazzy wrote:

Hey Chohans,
My husband called Mumbai Bandra today who confirmed they received my husbands passport.
Its been forwarded to the Visa issue department and it will take upto 2 weeks to be stamped
My husband said he would like to collect it by hand, but they said no it can only be posted to his home address
It will just arrive at his address, so which means my husband cant go out as it can come anyday :roll:
He still needs to do his medical again, as he needs to show it on arrival when he arrives at Heathrow, and he can only do it once he gets his passport back
Ur husband should get his medical done if he hasn't already so once visa is stamped he can book and come ASAP
I think ur husband and my husband will land in London around the same time by the looks of it :wink:
lol will have coffee together at heathrow - the medical is that the tb certificate

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 am

chohans wrote:
Yazzy wrote:

Hey Chohans,
lol will have coffee together at heathrow - the medical is that the tb certificate
Lol coffee sounds good :)

Yeah the TB certificate
They usually expire after 6 months
Get ur husband to do his so he's ready to fly when he gets his visa stamped :lol:

diversity

Post by diversity » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Friends,

After taking extraordinary help from the forum for my immigration journey, I am back here for my wife's visa:

Married earlier 2011 , divorced in 2013 married in May 2014. Divorce through a family court.

I now looking to apply for the spouse visa. Below is the documentation I am submitting:

1. VAF4A Application form
2. Appendix 2 form
3. Sponsorship undertaking form
4. UKBA Online application printout with passport photograph
5. Wife - TB test results
6. Wife - Academic Transcripts for 3 years and letter from University that degree was taught in English
7. Wife - NARIC letter comparability Assessment
8. Wife - Passport
9. Marriage certificate & Divorce Certificate (Mine)
10. Marriage Album (of about 12 photos covering various parts of the wedding)
11. Marriage invitation
12. Mine - 12 months current account bank statements
13. Mine - 12 months savings account statements
14. Mine - 12 months attested payslips
15. Mine - Tenancy Agreement + Letter from Lanlord
16. Mine - Utility bills (1 council tax statement + 1 Gas bill)
17. Mine - British Passport copy+copy of my Indian passport (I got married before I Naturalized & got my passport)
18. Mine - Employer letter (confirming employment status, start of employment and salary)
19. Mine - P60 for 2014
20. Gtalk scan - just one scan to show us chatting, Whatsapp Chats prints
21. Lyca printout for last six months to show phone calls
22. Covering letters for wife and me (each clearly stating what they are producing as evidence for the application as per above)

On the online form, for the question how is the sponsor related to you, there is no option for spouse / husband, what should I select "other relative".
Also my wife currently not working, should I say supported by spouse / unemployed

Can you guys let me know if the documentation sufficient and also the response for the relatioship question... :D :D :D
diversity

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:45 pm

chohans wrote:
Yazzy wrote:

Hey Chohans,
I hope your ok. Enjoying your time off work :)
Just thought I'd let you know, the 140pounds was refunded back into my bank account yesterday from the home office :D
Also my husband received the call letter yesterday, 1 week after they called him to submit his passport.
Hows things on your side?

chohans

Post by chohans » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:23 pm

hi

chohans

Post by chohans » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Yazzy

I am fine thanks im just waiting n waiting :(

The money went into my husbands acc on Wednesday, I also took ur advise and he went yesterday to get his medical cert done.
I had to also renew my visa as it expires on monday - wat a mission, i eventually had to post it.
Once he gets his visa im gonna go n get him and shop lol
Hopefully ur husband will get his passport back soon :)

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi
I will be applying spouse settlement visa soon.
Just want to confirm regarding forms:
- Online application form (Visa4UK)
- SU07 (sponsorship)

As far as I am aware, I don't need to submit VAF4A and appendix 2 any more as I'll submit online. Right? Please confirm?

maniani

Post by maniani » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:12 am

betterlatethannever wrote:Hi
I will be applying spouse settlement visa soon.
Just want to confirm regarding forms:
- Online application form (Visa4UK)
- SU07 (sponsorship)

As far as I am aware, I don't need to submit VAF4A and appendix 2 any more as I'll submit online. Right? Please confirm?
You have to fill Appendix 2 with online form.

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:17 pm

chohans wrote:Hi Yazzy

The money went into my husbands acc on Wednesday, I also took ur advise and he went yesterday to get his medical cert done.
I had to also renew my visa as it expires on monday - wat a mission, i eventually had to post it.
Hey Chohans

My husband called the embassy today who told him they posted his passport back to him on Friday 8th August :D
They said it can take upto a week for him to receive it because of the heavy rain and everything will be closed on the 15th coz of independence day
InshaAllah he gets it tomorrow.. Anyday now InshaAllah

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:00 pm

thanks maniani

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Yazzy wrote:
chohans wrote:Hi Yazzy

Hey Chohans

My husband called the embassy today who told him they posted his passport back to him on Friday 8th August :D
They said it can take upto a week for him to receive it because of the heavy rain and everything will be closed on the 15th coz of independence day
InshaAllah he gets it tomorrow.. Anyday now InshaAllah
hiya Yazzy,

Thats such good news u must be so excited, lets hope it comes before Friday. im so happy for you - time is dragging for me its going so slow.

chohans

Post by chohans » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 am

Hi All,
Submitted 04/02/2013
Under process 04/02/2013
Status changed- required for interview 07/05/2013
Interview Date 21/05/2013
sent to blue dart 27/05/2013
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Review 07/06/2013
ECM to respond by 22/11/2013
ECM upheld refusal
Appealed - court date May 2014.
Appeal Allowed - 28/05/2014
Passport submitted - 25/08/2014
Collected - 27/08/2014 36 months visa :D

Thank you to all in this forum

Yazzy

Post by Yazzy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 am

chohans wrote:Hi All,
Submitted 04/02/2013
Under process 04/02/2013
Status changed- required for interview 07/05/2013
Interview Date 21/05/2013
sent to blue dart 27/05/2013
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Review 07/06/2013
ECM to respond by 22/11/2013
ECM upheld refusal
Appealed - court date May 2014.
Appeal Allowed - 28/05/2014
Passport submitted - 25/08/2014
Collected - 27/08/2014 36 months visa :D

Thank you to all in this forum
Hi BIG CONGRATS!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am soooo happy for you and i know exactly how u feel!

My timeline is as follows

Submitted Application: 7th January 2013
Appealed: 27th March 2013
ECO Deadline: 10th September 2013
Court Hearing: 24th February 2014
Call Letter: 30th July 2014
Arrival in UK: 24th August 2014 Alhumdulillah :mrgreen:

36 Months visa stamped!

This has been a very long journey and i thank everyone for there support
Good luck to everyone
Don't give up hope!

rizzy
Newly Registered

Post by rizzy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:26 am

Hello does anyone know how long does it take to receive determination letter?I had my court hearing on the 14th aug still waiting for the determination letter.