ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katarina
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by katarina » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

My husband sent his application for the EEA residence card (mid-April) and have been refused because as a student I didn't provide a fully comprehensive health insurance and my funds were not enough to prove that I won't be entitled for benefits in the UK.

The fact is my husband Tier visa has expired on April 11th and the ukba kept his passport. We saw an advisor who told us to reapply as a worker, with a cover letter and our case references.

I found a part time job (18-20hours a week), paid weekly so we quickly sent the application with 2 payslips. It is a waiting agency and because I don't get a lot of shifts lately, I found another 20hours job. I started the other job on July 21st and we sent the application the 28th so I didn't mention my new job as I don't have any supporting documents yet.

What do you guys think?
Is the fact that the passport was kept a problem (we explained why in the cover letter) ?
Is the fact that I work somewhere else a problem?
Do they contact the company I gave the details of?

Please kindly respond I'm a bit worried.

Thank you very much for your help I've been reading a lot and got a lot of infos through the board but didn't find anything about this.

st2447

Post by st2447 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Surinder Singh Route

Arrived in Ireland with Pakistani Spouse: 27 Jan 2014
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit : 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 08 June 2014
Received COA with right to work: 19 June 2014
Received UK Residence Card: 30 July 2014
Surinder Singh
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit: 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 8 June 2014

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm

katarina wrote:Hi everyone,

My husband sent his application for the EEA residence card (mid-April) and have been refused because as a student I didn't provide a fully comprehensive health insurance and my funds were not enough to prove that I won't be entitled for benefits in the UK.

The fact is my husband Tier visa has expired on April 11th and the ukba kept his passport. We saw an advisor who told us to reapply as a worker, with a cover letter and our case references.

I found a part time job (18-20hours a week), paid weekly so we quickly sent the application with 2 payslips. It is a waiting agency and because I don't get a lot of shifts lately, I found another 20hours job. I started the other job on July 21st and we sent the application the 28th so I didn't mention my new job as I don't have any supporting documents yet.

What do you guys think?
Is the fact that the passport was kept a problem (we explained why in the cover letter) ?

Thank you very much for your help I've been reading a lot and got a lot of infos through the board but didn't find anything about this.

Hello,
I think you should contact HO on the 0300 number to inform them that you have changed your job. They will probably just tell u to send aditional info of your new job. They somethimes call the employer to confirm that you are working there so to be on the safe site just call them and let them know.

katarina
Newly Registered

Post by katarina » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 am

cypriotExpat wrote:

What do you guys think?

Hello,
I think you should contact HO on the 0300 number to inform them that you have changed your job. They will probably just tell u to send aditional info of your new job. They somethimes call the employer to confirm that you are working there so to be on the safe site just call them and let them know.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please can you give me HO number?

Katarina

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 am

katarina wrote:
cypriotExpat wrote:

What do you guys think?

Hello,
Hello,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please can you give me HO number?

Katarina
Its 0300 123 2253 If they have send u an akcnowledgment letter have the reference number stated there ready.
I am assuming you dont have a case id yet as you have probably not received a coa.

katarina
Newly Registered

Post by katarina » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 am

Yea I didn't receive anything yet.

Thank you anyway I will call later when I get the case number etc.

Thank you for the number!

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 am

st2447 wrote:Surinder Singh Route

Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit : 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 08 June 2014

Hi,
Congratulations on getting your RC :) . Can i ask you if you have included a pre pad envelop and if the RC and the passports were send to you using that?

thanks

st2447

Post by st2447 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Hello, No. I included a Special Delivery return envelope however I received the RC and docs by Signed For 1st Class
Surinder Singh
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit: 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 8 June 2014

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:22 am

Ali12035 wrote:
chaoclive wrote:Perhaps you could try to ask her to find out when the office is normally open and include that information in your application materials if you haven't already applied?

I wouldn't worry too much though. They called on the day she was at the PEO and it was fine. It should be ok again. You're solicitor is also correct, her evidence should probably be enough. If anything happened, you could appeal the decision. Perhaps, you could also get a letter from her employer stating that she is working there? It might be a good idea to have it on hand just in case.
Thanks for your reply "chaoclive"

I already applied on 9th march 2014 and send them a letter from her employer as well.

Her employer told her that they are closing their office within 2 weeks, what i should do in this situation if HO call them?
Do I need to inform HO for this matter or I need to send them a new employer letter?

thanks

Ho Ali12035. What's up? Can u plz inform how u got appointment with PEO. What centre? How much u paid? What was the question answers there? How much time they took? Did u faced any problem at PEO? Did you need a Solisicitor? What number u called? Sry I m asking all that bcaz as per our information EEA2 or 1 can not be not be entertained at PEOs. Thanks is adv for you reply.

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:17 am

Jellybean105 wrote:Woah, thats like exactly 6 months! What nationalities are you?
Mine is Indian and my wife is portuguese.

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 am

jahid2014 wrote:
jahid2014 wrote: Hi did you attend any interview or had any home visit within this 6 months.thanks
Hello,

No,We didn't attend and Nobody came for Home visit
Hi thanks for your reply, one more question, how many times did you contact with HO in this time? Thanks.[/quote]

Hello mate,I have called them 3-4 times,Because I sent some additional documents too..like job contract of my wife,new house contract and my payslips..Meanwhile I asked them,Why its still pending..he was rude and once he replied me.."you applied without comprehensive sickness insurance,sooner or later,they will refuse"..Totally Insane

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

akashdeep.john wrote:
jahid2014 wrote:
jahid2014 wrote: Hi did you attend any interview or had any home visit within this 6 months.thanks
Hello,

No,We didn't attend and Nobody came for Home visit
Hi thanks for your reply, one more question, how many times did you contact with HO in this time? Thanks.

Hello mate,I have called them 3-4 times,Because I sent some additional documents too..like job contract of my wife,new house contract and my payslips..Meanwhile I asked them,Why its still pending..he was rude and once he replied me.."you applied without comprehensive sickness insurance,sooner or later,they will refuse"..Totally Insane[/quote]

Thank you very much for your reply.

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

Applied: 12 Feb 2014
Interview: 16 June 2014
Home Visit: 28 July 2014
RC Received: 04 Aug 2014 (Dated 28th July)

Thanks to Almighty Allah, Now I can finally plan my holidays :)
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Jalaibi wrote:Applied: 12 Feb 2014
Interview: 16 June 2014
Home Visit: 28 July 2014
RC Received: 04 Aug 2014 (Dated 28th July)

Thanks to Almighty Allah, Now I can finally plan my holidays :)
Alhamdulilah , finally you have got the RC, now Enjoy your life but don't forget ALLAH. Thanks

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:15 pm

First EEA2 application received 9 June, 2014. Refused 19 June because of credit card error.

Second EEA2 application received 1 July. CoA sent 17 July - with no confirmation of right to work.

Return of Passport request submitted online 6 August.

Request for corrected CoA submitted by post 6 August.
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

facebook.user

Post by facebook.user » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi.
Today i received my RC today.

Applied 9 april 2014
COA 15 april 2014
RC 1st Aug and arrived today.

Thanks Allah I am happy now.

alex.torredo71
Newly Registered

Post by alex.torredo71 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:10 pm

wow congrats :) why did it take so long? did you have any interview or home visit? Noways it takes no longer then 2 months to get RC for most of the cases.

thanks

sam89
Newly Registered

Post by sam89 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by facebook.user » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:27 am

Hi.
Today i received my RC today.

Applied 9 april 2014
COA 15 april 2014
RC 1st Aug and arrived today.

Thanks Allah I am happy now.
hi brother,
congratulations :D
i have applied right one week after you,hope to hear from them soon now :)

facebook.user

Post by facebook.user » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:35 pm

No there was no home visit no interview. i sent old form that is why it took longer. I read on their form that if we use the old form, it would take longer.

katarina
Newly Registered

Post by katarina » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi all!

My hubby (non EEA) applied 3 weeks ago and received his COA.
The application was made with me (EEA spouse) as a worker. I worked with an agency called Offtowork and provided 2 weeks payslips (20hours per week). The fact is, August is very quiet so I found another job, more permanent. My new job will give me my first payslip (monthly) the first week of september.

I was worried if the HO called my agency and discover that I didn't do any shift since 3 weeks? My new employer is a kind of bastard and doesn't want to sign anything but the payslips.

What should I do?

Call HO? Tell them that I will receive my payslip from my new job early September?

Please your advices are welcomed!!!

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:55 am

katarina wrote:Hi all!

My hubby (non EEA) applied 3 weeks ago and received his COA.
The application was made with me (EEA spouse) as a worker. I worked with an agency called Offtowork and provided 2 weeks payslips (20hours per week). The fact is, August is very quiet so I found another job, more permanent. My new job will give me my first payslip (monthly) the first week of september.

I was worried if the HO called my agency and discover that I didn't do any shift since 3 weeks? My new employer is a kind of bastard and doesn't want to sign anything but the payslips.

What should I do?

Call HO? Tell them that I will receive my payslip from my new job early September?

Please your advices are welcomed!!!

Ok, as I suggest, u may wait bcaz ho is gonna work on ur application may b after 1 to 2 months. One pay slip is ok to make ur application considered (as it's given in EEA 1 and 2 application form). Try to get a letter from ur current employer with name and contact detail of ur employer. As u receive ur pay slip forward both (letter n pay slip) to ho.

shuruburu
Newly Registered

Post by shuruburu » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm

application sent 21/02/2014
interview 23/06/2014
rc issued 24/07/2014
rc received 08/08/2014

I was reporting to HO every week but as I received my RC, I didn't go this week. I suppose i don't have to go anymore. However, I received a text from HO today that I breached reporting conditions and I need to contact them. Have anyone been in this situation?
Do I still have to report?

Thanks

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:32 pm

shuruburu wrote:application sent 21/02/2014
interview 23/06/2014
rc issued 24/07/2014
rc received 08/08/2014

I was reporting to HO every week but as I received my RC, I didn't go this week. I suppose i don't have to go anymore. However, I received a text from HO today that I breached reporting conditions and I need to contact them. Have anyone been in this situation?
Do I still have to report?

Thanks
Just inform them that you received your RC,so they can delete your name from their list.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm

I received my Residence Card today:

Date EEA2 Application Received by UKVI: 23/06/14
COA Issued with Right to Work: 02/07/14
Return of Passport/Marriage Certificate: 29/07/14
Applied for National Insurance Number Using COA: 12/08/14
Residence Card Arrived on A4 paper along with rest of documents: 16/08/14

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:59 pm

kafworld wrote:I received my Residence Card today:

Date EEA2 Application Received by UKVI: 23/06/14
COA Issued with Right to Work: 02/07/14
Return of Passport/Marriage Certificate: 29/07/14
Applied for National Insurance Number Using COA: 12/08/14
Residence Card Arrived on A4 paper along with rest of documents: 16/08/14
Congratulations.
Was your application based on Surinder Singh rule.