ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kafworld
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by kafworld » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks. My application was based on Exercising Treaty Rights as Self Sufficient.

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:36 am

kafworld wrote:Thanks. My application was based on Exercising Treaty Rights as Self Sufficient.
Hi
Could you please tell how can we show self sufficient couple? How much money has to show in account and do we need CSI? Thanks

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Jahid,

#1 I provided evidence of CSI that covers both my wife and I.

#2 My wife is exercising treaty rights as self-sufficient based on me having a job in UK so I sent 3 joint bank statements, 3 payslips, contract from employer and letter from employer stating I still worked there as of time application was sent to UKVI. We didn't need to have any certain amount in bank account. We only had to prove that she has access to funds on a regular basis via a joint bank account.

Hope that help.

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi kafworld
Thank you so much for your reply.If you don't mind ,i need some more information about self sufficient.
1. CSI has to be covered me & my wife. is that right? From which Company did you get your CSI ? & How much shall it be?
2. Can I show my job to prove that my wife is exercising treaty rights as self-sufficient.

Thanks again

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Jadhid,

#1 CSI covers both my wife and I. Both of us are covered and this is the requirement. The insurance company is AXA. Not sure of the cost as my employer pays for it. Try this link to get a quote from an insurance company (http://www.activequote.com/health-insur ... rance.aspx). They all know about CSI and what policy you need to satisfy the UKVI/UKBA requirements.

#2 Yes, you can use your job and the salary earned to prove your wife has access to funds. To demonstrate this, I have my salary deposited into a joint bank account shared by my wife and I. It is very wise to include a cover letter and table of contents with your application. Explain how your wife is exercising treaty rights as self-sufficient and the evidence you're providing to demonstrate this.

Below is the cover letter and table of contents I used for my EEA2 Application. I organised everything in a black folder with clear plastic sleeves. It was returned to me exactly as I sent it to them. I think it helps to organise your documents and make it easy for the caseworker.

Please let me know if I can help answer more questions and good luck.
--------------------------------------------------

Date

Name
Address

DOB: xx/xx/xxxx

Subject: Application for EEA2 Residence Card (Non-EEA National)

NOTE: Please refer to Table of Contents for EEA2 application, passports and supporting documentation for Exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient

Dear Sir or Madam:

My EEA National wife is exercising Treaty Rights as Self-Sufficient based on earnings through my employment. Evidence of employment along with proof that my wife has access to my monthly deposited salary into our joint bank account is included. I’ve highlighted my monthly employment salary deposits on the joint bank account statements.

-I have provided evidence of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) which covers both of us. I have included the AXA healthcare membership certificate and handbook for your reference.

-Evidence of employment has been provided in the form of an employment verification letter, employment contract and payslips.

-Evidence of relationship and current residence in UK has been proven in the form of our marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement, joint Council Tax bill and joint bank statements.

-Evidence of identity is proven by including a passport for myself, the applicant and that of my wife, the EEA National.

Lastly, I have included a self addressed envelope with the postage paid for return of documents and Residence Card.

If you require additional supporting documents in order to make your decision please contact me via email at xxxxxx@gmai.com, on my mobile at xxxxx xxxxxx or write to the address above.

Thank you very much for your attention and consideration given to my EEA2 application for a Residence Card and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

01 Cover Letter

02 EEA2 Application for Residence Card for Non-EEA National plus 2 Identical photographs attached to Section 1

03 Current passport for non-EEA national

04 Current passport for EEA National

05 Evidence of exercising Treaty Rights as self-sufficient

A. Evidence of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance – CSI (AXA Healthcare certificate and membership handbook)
B. Joint bank statements – 3 months
C. Payslips – 3 months
D. Verification of employment letter & employment contract (Both in same clear plastic sleeve)

06 Evidence of relationship – Marriage certificate

07 Evidence of current residence in UK for EEA National (wife) and non-EEA National (husband)

A. Joint Tenancy Agreement
B. Joint Council Tax Bill
C. Joint bank statements (Same statements from Section 5)

INCLUDED: Self-addressed envelope with postage paid for return of documents and Residence Card.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi again Jahid,

One more thing to clarify for you. The EEA2 Application can be a little confusing regarding the documents needed to prove your EEA National wife is economically Self-Sufficient. I've copied the most relevant portion that I feel explains exactly what you need.

This was taken from page 34 of the EEA2 Application:

"If section 9 (economically self-sufficient) has been completed: Evidence of comprehensive
sickness insurance for yourself and any family members included in your application. Evidence of funds to show your EEA national
family member is economically self-sufficient, e.g. a bank statement. If these funds come from a
family member, evidence of their employment or funds should be supplied

Hope this makes sense and is clear for what your need.

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi kafworld,
Thank you, this will help me to understand to self sufficient even I didn't expect, you would give this answer such briefly. Thanks again, May ALLAH Bless you.

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am

kafworld wrote:I received my Residence Card today:

Date EEA2 Application Received by UKVI: 23/06/14
COA Issued with Right to Work: 02/07/14
Return of Passport/Marriage Certificate: 29/07/14
Applied for National Insurance Number Using COA: 12/08/14
Residence Card Arrived on A4 paper along with rest of documents: 16/08/14
Hi ,
Congratulations on getting your rc. We have applied a few days after you(19/06) but we still havent received anything . Can you please state your nationalities?
Also did they send you the RC back using the envelope you provided ? i am tracking the envelope we send everyday but i can see that in some cases they dont use it at all .

Thanks

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi cypriotExpat,

Thanks. I am American and my wife is Romanian.

I requested my passport and marriage certificate back the day I received my COA. They both arrived in the envelope I provided to them. My RC was sent using their envelope and arrived 3-4 days after my RC was printed.

I'm guessing yours should arrive any day since 2 months is pretty standard these days. You should call them. Doesn't hurt to be persistent.

Good luck.

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:55 pm

kafworld wrote:Hi cypriotExpat,

Thanks. I am American and my wife is Romanian.

I requested my passport and marriage certificate back the day I received my COA. They both arrived in the envelope I provided to them. My RC was sent using their envelope and arrived 3-4 days after my RC was printed.

I'm guessing yours should arrive any day since 2 months is pretty standard these days. You should call them. Doesn't hurt to be persistent.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. We havent requested our documents back but if we dont receive it in the following weeks we will maybe that will make them get to a decision faster.

Thanks again for the information

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi again cyprio,

What is the date of your COA? Mine was 02/07/14.

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:37 pm

kafworld wrote:Hi again cyprio,

What is the date of your COA? Mine was 02/07/14.
well they send as a short Coa fisrt (no right to work) on 04/07 . After complaining for the short coa and chasing them on phone they said that they have apperantly lost our marriage certificate ( they couldnt find it in the envelope ) so we had to send them again another one.
They re send a Coa with righ to work on 25/07 .
Maybe that's what delaying this.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 pm

What's your nationalities if you don't mind me asking?

Seems like I was lucky to get the COA with right to work at first go. I keep reading about the short COA being sent out.

The mis-placement of your marriage certificate may have delayed the COA but doubt it delayed the processing of the RC. I think the timing for you is just about right. I suspect your RC will arrive sometime this week. Remember someone has to be around to sign for it and they deliver on Saturdays as well.

Cross your fingers and good luck.

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 pm

kafworld wrote:What's your nationalities if you don't mind me asking?

Seems like I was lucky to get the COA with right to work at first go. I keep reading about the short COA being sent out.

The mis-placement of your marriage certificate may have delayed the COA but doubt it delayed the processing of the RC. I think the timing for you is just about right. I suspect your RC will arrive sometime this week. Remember someone has to be around to sign for it and they deliver on Saturdays as well.

Cross your fingers and good luck.
I am Cypriot my husband is from Pakistan.

We are both permanently employed and my husband is in UK with a post doctorate visa so we didnt mind the short coa for the work we just chased them up cause it was wrong of them to send us a short coa in the first place since we have included all the required documents.

Our application was via married - employed route so i was expecting it to be simple enough for them to process . Hopefully we will get it soon :)

Thanks again for the information

histto
Newly Registered

Post by histto » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Guys,
Below is my timeline.
Docs sent to ukba 28.03.14
Coa received 10th dated 7th March 14
Wife's I'd requested and returned 10.05.14
My passport requested and retuned 18.06.14

We've still not had an interview request or home visit. Guys is this normal?

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:54 am

Guys
I need help please

I want to apply for EEA RC

I'm non-EEA working and having contract
My wife EEA job seeker and self sufficient
I think we got everything that needs to be sent

my only concern is:
My passport has only 2 years till it expires
Can I still apply for RC or do you think the HO will reject cause I don't have 5 years on my passport ?

Thanks in advance
Mido

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 am

Midotati wrote:Guys
I need help please

my only concern is:
Can I still apply for RC or do you think the HO will reject cause I don't have 5 years on my passport ?

Thanks in advance
Mido
Hi mido
All us fine u can apply. Passport must be valid minimum 6 month.

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:14 am

Thank you so much John
Last edited by Midotati on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 am

john121 wrote:
I need help please

my only concern is:

Thanks in advance
Mido
Hi mido
Thank you so much John
what if I do new passport, how can I transfer the RC to the new one ?
have a great day
cheers

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Post by cypriotExpat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 am

Hey guys ,

I am so happy we received our RC today. Married - employed route
Here is our timeline

Application Send : 19/06/2014
Application Received : 20/06/2014
Fees Decucted : 24/06/2014
Ack letter Received : 26/06/2014 (send 23/06/2014)
COA received : 04/07/2014 (send 01/07/2014) - Cannot confirm right to work
Complain letter for Short Coa send: 07/07/2014
Called HO : 07/07/2014 Operator said that marriage certificate was missing thats why the short coa was issued. I argued that we have send an ORIGINAL marriage certificate and it was in its own original enveloped with mariage certificate written on it in green letters. he said he will email the case worker and call me back.
Called HO Again 08/07/2014 No call from the operator so my husband calls again a diffrent guy says the same thing and that he will call him back by wednesday if not then we should call again
Call HO Again 09/07/2014 : Called again same answer said they will call back
Call from HO 09/07/2014 : Case officer calls my husband back saying he could not find the marriage certificate in our envelop and that it was the only problem with our application . He asked us to send it again and we will receive the full COA.
Send original marriage certificate again 10/07/2014 First class signed for
Marriage certificate received 11/07/2014
Called HO 15/07/2014 to confirm that the case officer himself has received the marriage certificate. Operator confirm that he received it and a new coa has been issued.
New COA received : :25/07/2014 (issued 21/07/2014)
RC Received : 19/08/2014

Documents send :
Passports
MArriage certificate
6 pay slipls / contract / salary review documents
council tax bills to prove we are living together for the past two years
photos from wedding and trips
Common car insurance documents

Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Midotati wrote:
john121 wrote:
I need help please

my only concern is:

Thanks in advance
Mido
Hi mido
Thank you so much John
what if I do new passport, how can I transfer the RC to the new one ?
have a great day
cheers
Hi mido, it's ok if u get new passport with 5 yrs validity to get ur rc on that. It's ur choice. Otherwise ho requirement is passport with minimum 6 months validity. If u get ur rc on this (current) passport then can carry it with new one (when this passport expires). It's ur choice. wish u good luck.

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 pm

HI Jon,
I hope I'm not disturbing you mate But still need some help with our paper

well

our story me and my wife Got married outside UK 3 years ago, we were living in EU together then we moved here to UK 3 months ago.

I'm non-EEA I have full time contract I work in London now, before I had a job in York so my Pay slips in both jobs has my old address on it which in York. is it fine or do I have to prove that my actual address now in London ??. " I'm staying at my friend's place here in London so we didn't do any contracts " so How would I prove it if I have to ??!!

My wife
she is EEA she is on self sufficient basis, as we have joint bank account back in EU and I have my own bank account here in UK,
should I get her to Join my UK bank account as well ??
should she fill EEA1 form as well or just mine for EEA2 ?
should she send her passport or her EU Identity card is fine ?

and what document do you think should we send to support our situation ?

thanks from the heart
:)
Mido

Midotati
Newly Registered

Post by Midotati » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:57 pm

anyone can help me guys ?
please help

john121
Newly Registered

Post by john121 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:16 am

Midotati wrote:anyone can help me guys ?
please help

Hi mido,

Hope all is fine. There are many things in ur case. It's good if u consult a good immigration solicitor. A Solisicitor can give u an expert opinion. As I think in ur case, you must give all proves (bills, bank statements, living contracts etc) whatever are available new or old, as it is as they are. In form eea1 & 2 there is a special space where u can mention whatever ur special circumstances are. Ur current living address and contact detail (phone number etc). Write down in this space about ur current living place, why and how u living this place (because they can come to visit ur current living in London). btw on wat visa u came here from eu to UK (is this a valid family permit or what). It's good if u consult a good immigration solisitor, he can guide u better.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:55 am

Hi Mido,

It will be helpful to the caseworker in Liverpool if you write a detailed cover letter explaining your situation and include it with your application and supporting documentation. They do read them.

Good luck.