ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***failing passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lad2777

***failing passport interview

Post by lad2777 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:50 pm

I am wondering if you fail 1st passport interview as a new British citizen, does it mean you have to re apply for a passport and interview again or for whole citizenship again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ***failing passport interview

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Unlikely that you will fail passport interview. It is not a test. They will ask you questions to confirm your identity and these questions will likely be things that only you will know.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 64893.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:25 am

Instead of calling it passport Interview which sounds pretty dreadful & daunting step to some people the process should be called ''Passport Identity Check'' to give some relief. :mrgreen:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:07 am

An interview is just a meeting. If it was a test then it would be called a passport test - see Life in the UK Test.

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:16 am

interview is based only on passport form or citizenship form too?

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Passport interview is based on the both passport and citizenship application forms the information you have given previously and might include some information about your immigration history plus some of the weird questions you never mentioned anywhere but they might ask if they want to (like if your bedroom downstairs or upstairs-if you have any tree in your garden etc.) :evil: :wink:

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Its a friendly chat and just to establish you are who you say you are

Mazood
Newly Registered

Post by Mazood » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Reading from the posts here I've noticed that in most interviews questions are similar such as which credit card do you have and who is your mobile network provider. My questions is if you do not have any of those two does it matter?

lad2777

Post by lad2777 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 pm

a very popular question is are u registered on electoral role?

I have no idea if at previous addresses tenders or landlords registered me when the letters were sent out, so I will say that I am not registered at the current address

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Again, this is not a test.

They just want to prevent ID theft. Nothing to worry about.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

upsydaisy
Newly Registered

Post by upsydaisy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:28 am

I had an interview today at Luton office as London was pack and I didn't get any appointment. Unlike London, the stadd there wasn't friendly. Well leave that aside, my main concern is she keep making notes of whatever I was saying! !is that normal? I mean word to word she was noting down. She asked all common questions like spell your name and address and dob , parter and parents details etc . She also asked me how did I apply NI? What document I submitted! ! That was 9 years ago. . I don't even remember it so I was like a bit shocked by question and didn't know what to say. . Still I manage to recall as much I could. The next question was about my college and which course I did n subjects and when it was started when finished etc!!it was more like a immigration questions than id check! It was 9+years ago and I didn't remember perfectly, it was obvious that I had to recall so I took little time to reply. But why she was asking me all those questions! ? I was already nervous and she made me more. I'm bit worried now. . Please can anyone guide me or response?

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 am

upsydaisy wrote:I had an interview today at Luton office as London was pack and I didn't get any appointment. Unlike London, the stadd there wasn't friendly. Well leave that aside, my main concern is she keep making notes of whatever I was saying! !is that normal? I mean word to word she was noting down. She asked all common questions like spell your name and address and dob , parter and parents details etc . She also asked me how did I apply NI? What document I submitted! ! That was 9 years ago. . I don't even remember it so I was like a bit shocked by question and didn't know what to say. . Still I manage to recall as much I could. The next question was about my college and which course I did n subjects and when it was started when finished etc!!it was more like a immigration questions than id check! It was 9+years ago and I didn't remember perfectly, it was obvious that I had to recall so I took little time to reply. But why she was asking me all those questions! ? I was already nervous and she made me more. I'm bit worried now. . Please can anyone guide me or response?
Taking notes is quite normal... Same happened to me when I went for my interview, she asked me to name few places near my house. After giving the names she asked any pubs near by? I was like whaaaaattt? I don't drink hence I hardly notice but yeah there is one in the corner near XYZ shop but I can't recall the name. Guess what? She was making notes for this too!
Don't worry ... You should be alright! :D