ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BC_Applicant

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 am

akash08 wrote:
man4uni wrote:I just signed the petition "Rt Hon Theresa May, MP,: Allow unconditional permanent right of residence in U.K. to parents of all U.K. Citizens - not just to those within EEA countries" on Change.org.

Please do...

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/r ... e_petition
Knocking the door of the court is only solution. Not sure why there is no initiative for that. HSMP case was won and i am reasonably confident that this will be won too. If anyone takes such initiative, i will jump to contribute and raise my voice.
Get your point akash08 and this is an initiative the idea of a petition is that once we get 100,000 signatures it is then debated in the parliament. I have myself signed the petition and am proud to say that have influenced approx 40 people to sign hence I would say consider it and it can reach some where!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 am

BC_Applicant wrote:
akash08 wrote:
man4uni wrote:I just signed the petition "Rt Hon Theresa May, MP,: Allow unconditional permanent right of residence in U.K. to parents of all U.K. Citizens - not just to those within EEA countries" on Change.org.

Please do...

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/r ... e_petition
Knocking the door of the court is only solution. Not sure why there is no initiative for that. HSMP case was won and i am reasonably confident that this will be won too. If anyone takes such initiative, i will jump to contribute and raise my voice.
Get your point akash08 and this is an initiative the idea of a petition is that once we get 100,000 signatures it is then debated in the parliament. I have myself signed the petition and am proud to say that have influenced approx 40 people to sign hence I would say consider it and it can reach some where!
I have also signed it. Why wont I? This is definitely a step in the right direction. Just skeptical that no political party has the willingness or courage to reverse this !! I wish I am wrong.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:58 am

akash08 wrote: I have also signed it. Why wont I? This is definitely a step in the right direction. Just skeptical that no political party has the willingness or courage to reverse this !! I wish I am wrong.
Good One Akash08. Just checked the count I have infact got 50 people to sign!

suji
Newly Registered

Post by suji » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Dear members,

I need your advice re. my baby's visa to India. We both have OCIs and we are palnning to India in the middle of Sep. I am thinking to apply visa for my recently born baby.
I am wondering whether i should apply for a entry visa or tourist visa?
If i apply by post how long will it take to receive all the documents?
What documents do i need to submit?

I want to know from people who had this experience recently.

Regards

sunny31October
Newly Registered

Post by sunny31October » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have sent the self address envelope for my OCI collection after my status shows as OCI received at London on 2th August.
My document (PP) reached to HCI London on 4th August (signed by Manju).

But still I have not received my OCI documents. I mailed to OCI they said all document received till 11th August to them are delivered and asked to check the barcode of my self address envelope.
I have not noted the barcode of my self address envelope.

Can anyone help me in this case how can I check my documents?
does anyone received their OCI send after 2-4th August?

Kindly reply.

Regards,
Sanjay

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 am

Many Thanks Akash08 and BC_Applicant.

I hear you Akash08 ... but we need to start from somewhere right? :)

Please try sharing the link on whatsapp or email or any means. We are still quite far in fact very far 91,904 needed! (as of now)

anandv76
Newly Registered

Post by anandv76 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:40 pm

sunny31October wrote:Hi,

I have sent the self address envelope for my OCI collection after my status shows as OCI received at London on 2th August.
My document (PP) reached to HCI London on 4th August (signed by Manju).

But still I have not received my OCI documents. I mailed to OCI they said all document received till 11th August to them are delivered and asked to check the barcode of my self address envelope.
I have not noted the barcode of my self address envelope.

Can anyone help me in this case how can I check my documents?
does anyone received their OCI send after 2-4th August?

Kindly reply.

Regards,
Sanjay
Which email address did you mail to, Sanjay? ss[dot]oci[at]hcilondon[dot]in?

Huzain81
Newly Registered

Post by Huzain81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 am

suji wrote:Dear members,

I need your advice re. my baby's visa to India. We both have OCIs and we are palnning to India in the middle of Sep. I am thinking to apply visa for my recently born baby.
I am wondering whether i should apply for a entry visa or tourist visa?
If i apply by post how long will it take to receive all the documents?
What documents do i need to submit?

I want to know from people who had this experience recently.

Regards
Please apply tourist visa for your new born child for time being.
If you wife or family is intending to stay in India for more than 2 months... please apply OCI from the nearby Registration office. Please check related details with the Passport office in your local area.
I hope this information helps.
I treat this advise / suggestion based on my experience. Do not consider this as a fact.

veryjiggy
Newly Registered

Post by veryjiggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 pm

I had a question which those who have applied in London would probably be able to answer. I will be applying for OCI next week, but my UK passport is not with me. I will of course be carrying a photocopy of the UK passport to submit with the OCI application, but the original would actually be with the Indian High Commission for a Tourist Visa stamping (which I need urgently). My question is do they necessarily look at your original UK passport when you go for submitting the application? If so, I might have to reschedule my appointment.

anandv76
Newly Registered

Post by anandv76 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:09 am

veryjiggy wrote:I had a question which those who have applied in London would probably be able to answer. I will be applying for OCI next week, but my UK passport is not with me. I will of course be carrying a photocopy of the UK passport to submit with the OCI application, but the original would actually be with the Indian High Commission for a Tourist Visa stamping (which I need urgently). My question is do they necessarily look at your original UK passport when you go for submitting the application? If so, I might have to reschedule my appointment.
Usually not, atleast not in my case and a few other people i know of. But then they do have the right to ask for it, and you need to be unlucky to be asked for it. They do ask to see the originals of the surrender certificate though...good luck.

anandv76
Newly Registered

Post by anandv76 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:15 am

Family application: 2 Adults, 1 Child/Minor
Applied in person at HCI London on 14/07/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 14/07/2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON: 06-Aug-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 08-Aug-2014
Document received At London On: 11-Aug-2014
Post passport by Special Delivery : 12-Aug-2014
Receipt by HCIL (Darren): 13-Aug-2014
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: 21-Aug-2014

Experience: took appointment on Friday evening for an appointment following Monday morning, 9.30am. Easy process for getting filling up Part-A and Part-B of the form, and then taking appointment based on reference number. Reached HCI London at 9.15am, showed the appointment letter to the security officer. No queues, no haggling, no pushing and shoving. It was heavenly! And when i entered inside, there was ample number of empty seats and breathing space, which was a pleasant change from our previous experiences. Counters opened at 9.30am, two case workers calling out the names of people with appointment. Perhaps 15-20 applicants at each half-hour slot, as we were perhaps the 12th to be called and there were others after us with the same appoinemrnt time. Quick 5 minutes at the counter as I had all the required documents organised:

1. Application form (only one set) with photograph pasted and duly signed/fingerprinted in case of minors
2. Naturalisation certificate copy of each applicant self-attested
3. British passport copy of each applicant self-attested
4. Surrender certificate of each applicant self-attested
5. Birth certificate of minor only self attested (attested by father/mother in case minor unable to sign)
6. Fees in cash

I was given the receipts and asked to check online after 4-6 weeks. We were out of the HCI by 10am which included a few minutes of using the restrooms after completing the application formalities.

Note: while checking status on the website 3-4 weeks after submission, please use British Passport number instead of Indian passport number. Apparently, using British passport number is the norm but clearly I was unaware of it!

Really impressed with the experience of getting the OCI, which I was dreading earlier. One small glitch though that in my wife's OCI booklet, her father's name is mis-spelt but entirely hassle free otherwise.

Shuklap
Newly Registered

Post by Shuklap » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 am

Hi ,

Finally received my OCI. Timelines are as following -

Date Of Acknowledgment: 11-JUL-2014
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED On 05-AUG-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI: On 07-AUG-2014
Document received At LONDON: On 08-AUG-2014
Passport sent on 11-AUG-2014
Passport received at HCI on 12-AUG-2014
Passport with OCI received on 22-AUG-2014

Few lessons -

1) While checking your details if your GBRLNxxxx number does not work , please try using the file reference reference number GBRL0xxxx

2) There was a major issue with the post office special delivery service - The tracking number which was given to me did not work. Later I was told that there was some issue with all tracking starting with SF- So be careful if next time you get a tracking number which starts with SF

3) Royal mail - though they did take time but were eventually be able to locate it and advised that it was delivered on time with a different tracking number

4) The best way to contact HCI is via email (info.london@hcilondon.in; att.oci@hcilondon.in) I got a response from then almost immediately

The forum has really been amazing. Helped me every step of the journey . So a BIG thank you everyone for making it great

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 am

Received my OCI. Timelines are as following -

Date Of Applying/Acknowledgment: 18-JUL-2014
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED On 11-AUG-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI: On 12-AUG-2014
Document received At LONDON: On 14-AUG-2014
Passport sent on 18-AUG-2014
Passport received at HCI on 19-AUG-2014

For a change, the whole experience at HCI and OCI application was seamless and quick :-)

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

anandv76 wrote:
veryjiggy wrote:I had a question which those who have applied in London would probably be able to answer. I will be applying for OCI next week, but my UK passport is not with me. I will of course be carrying a photocopy of the UK passport to submit with the OCI application, but the original would actually be with the Indian High Commission for a Tourist Visa stamping (which I need urgently). My question is do they necessarily look at your original UK passport when you go for submitting the application? If so, I might have to reschedule my appointment.
Usually not, atleast not in my case and a few other people i know of. But then they do have the right to ask for it, and you need to be unlucky to be asked for it. They do ask to see the originals of the surrender certificate though...good luck.

I was not asked for the original British Passport either! Was only asked to show original surrender certificate.

akb

Post by akb » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:56 pm

newbie_t wrote:Received my OCI. Timelines are as following -

For a change, the whole experience at HCI and OCI application was seamless and quick :-)
Still waiting for my OCI. Applied at CGI Birmingham on 2nd July. The status is still "Under Process". Any one applied from Birmingham on this group around similar time? Seeing so many approvals for people applied after me, but all of them have used HCI London.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:31 pm

akb wrote:
Still waiting for my OCI. Applied at CGI Birmingham on 2nd July. The status is still "Under Process". Any one applied from Birmingham on this group around similar time? Seeing so many approvals for people applied after me, but all of them have used HCI London.
Might be worth emailing them?

sam800

Post by sam800 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi friends,

I see the following on the https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html website :
vii) Status of your application can be checked on line by the applicant after 5 weeks. If it is still 'under process' send mail to info[dot]london[at]hcilondon[dot]in to know reasons for pending.
Please could you let me know if that is true and there is no other way to even check if your post made it to them ? And if anyone has seen been able to check their's online before 5 weeks.

Thanks.

rajeshgiri78
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshgiri78 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi,

Could you kindly clarify few queries about OCI application to Birmingham for my newborn child..(2 month old baby - born here in UK and we both parents are already OCI holders)

1) Do we need to send photos of both parents as well ?

2) Do we need to send marriage certificate ?

3) How long it takes for OCI for baby to arrive if we apply through post ?

Regards
Rajesh

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:54 am

rajeshgiri78 wrote:Hi,

Could you kindly clarify few queries about OCI application to Birmingham for my newborn child..(2 month old baby - born here in UK and we both parents are already OCI holders)

1) Do we need to send photos of both parents as well ?

why do you think they need photos of parents?

Regards
Rajesh

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sarvo_uk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

I applied on the 8th at Birmingham. Still under process..
akb wrote:

akb

Post by akb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 am

8th Aug or July ?
sarvo_uk wrote:I applied on the 8th at Birmingham. Still under process..
akb wrote:

akb

Post by akb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:55 am

BC_Applicant wrote:
akb wrote:
I emailed to HCI London and today they forwarded that email to CGI Birmingham (CCed me).

asadulla

Post by asadulla » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 pm

akb wrote:
BC_Applicant wrote:
akb wrote:
I emailed to HCI London and today they forwarded that email to CGI Birmingham (CCed me).

What is the Email address of CGI birmingham.

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sarvo_uk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 pm

I applied on 8th July.

I did the same an emailed Birmingham on (info).(cgibirmingham) @ (gmail.com)

Got an instant reply saying "Your application has been granted on 20/08/2014" although my status still says under-process on statuspage.

I have asked them if I should wait for the status to change before I post the passport or should I just send them now. Awaiting reply

akb

Post by akb » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:00 pm

sarvo_uk wrote:I applied on 8th July.

I did the same an emailed Birmingham on (info).(cgibirmingham) @ (gmail.com)

Got an instant reply saying "Your application has been granted on 20/08/2014" although my status still says under-process on statuspage.

I have asked them if I should wait for the status to change before I post the passport or should I just send them now. Awaiting reply
My request was also forwarded to the above address. Didn't get any reply so far. Still waiting.