ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breach of peace offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NiceCareing

Breach of peace offence

Post by NiceCareing » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 am

Hi
I have been taken to police station for breach of peace in a shop in 2005 . I was released inthe few hours. I was not charged or went to court. Would I have to declear this in my application for British citizen ship? Can any senior pl help me please
Thanks
Nice

Amber
Mood:

Re: Breach of peace offence

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 pm

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NiceCareing

Post by NiceCareing » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Amber
Thanks for reply. Even though this offence was in 2005 its Still on my local police record Not on NPC. Though its on local police record
1. Can home office check local police record?
2. Though offence was in 2005 if I don't disclose in my British citizenship application would there be problem? Would it count as I was hiding it?
I'm very Worried !!please help!
Thanks
Nice

royh

Post by royh » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:20 am

NiceCareing wrote:Hi Amber
Thanks for reply. Even though this offence was in 2005 its Still on my local police record Not on NPC. Though its on local police record
1. Can home office check local police record?
2. Though offence was in 2005 if I don't disclose in my British citizenship application would there be problem? Would it count as I was hiding it?
I'm very Worried !!please help!
Thanks
Nice
You weren't convicted of anything or even given a caution. I don't think they (Home Office) care about arrests or searches where the Police don't find anything even though it will be on the local police record that you where arrested. It definitely won't show up on the NPC standard checks.

BTW did you actually apply for both the standard police check and extended police checks (each costing £10) and receive the letters?

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello Amber,
I had similar questions - so asking here than starting a new topic.

I got spoken to by police (more than 3 years ago) it was a mis-understanding but the police took my driving license details. I was not arrested or taken to police station etc. I was driving around in an area (where I never lived) looking for a cash machine when they stopped me, later found out that the area was considered rather grim and the police was on a mission to catch people. Few days later, I got a letter at home from police giving me a 'warning' that we (police) found you roaming in an area which doesn't carry a good reputation, we decided not to arrest you because you were not found doing anything wrong and no further action taken will be taken at this stage and that you should be careful in the future and abstain from wandering in that area otherwise action will be taken. Nothing happened after that - no further correspondence. I didn't respond to it, I don't have the letter anymore.

- Do home office check local police record for citizenship application?
- Should I declare this in my citizenship application and explain that it was a misunderstanding?
- Shall I make a information access request first to see what data is held about me on PNC and in local police files, and then make a judgement call if I should declare this in my application after having looked at exactly what is held about me in their records?
- I did not declare anything in my ILR/settlement application and everything went through fine. Just wondering if the checks are going to be any different? (the citizenship form seems more detailed than ILR form for details reg such things)

Please can you give your comments what you think is best in this case.
Thank u,
Hoormi

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Nice,
Please can you comment if you declared it in your citizenship application because it was appearing in local police records?
Did you get any professional advice on this?

Thx
Hoormi