ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPS Number, Banks, Passport Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nblaze

PPS Number, Banks, Passport Questions

Post by nblaze » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Sorry everyone but I have another series of questions in relation to the Green Card Permit and setting up in Ireland, that is if the application goes forward successfully! Sorry for the multiple questions but I haven't received any responses back from the work permit staff in Ireland!!

1. Full of list of documents that the Employee needs to send with the Green Card Permit
- Do I need 2 passport size photos with my name on the back?
- Do I need to send my college transcripts?
- As for my passport, do I need to scan EVERY page, or just the important ones, like my picture/information, previous UK visa, and travel stamps? What about the blank pages? I selected the main ones, but I did not scan EVERY page. Do I need to do so?
- Does an official letter from company need to be added with both of our signatures?
- Anything else I need to send off on my part?

2. How long does it usually take to get your Green Card processed!? I heard it can take 8 weeks minimum!! (Hopefully not!)

3. Can you work before receiving your PPS number?

4. If you're just moving to Ireland obviously you don't have a place to live set up. What are your options for proof of residence when you first move to Ireland. I heard your employer can write a letter stating you're new to Ireland and don't yet have a place? Is this correct? If the company can write a letter on my behalf, what should it say on it? Will this also work for proof when opening a bank account!!?

I wish I could know the outcome of this so I could get things in motion! I forgot how much uncertainty and anxiety goes into these sorts of things!

Any other tips and advice to make this transition smooth and how to start working soon after arriving, rather that adding more weeks once arriving!?

nblaze

Re: PPS Number, Banks, Passport Questions

Post by nblaze » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Anyone!? I guess the main things here are, do I need a transcript from my college sent with the green card application? I didn't see that as a requirement, but I've seen people post about sending one, so I'm confused!

The other two important questions I had were...

Can you work before receiving your PPS number?

and ...

If you're just moving to Ireland obviously you don't have a place to live set up. What are your options for proof of residence when you first move to Ireland. I heard your employer can write a letter stating you're new to Ireland and don't yet have a place? Is this correct? If the company can write a letter on my behalf, what should it say on it? Will this also work for proof when opening a bank account!!?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Please find ur answers below:

- Do I need 2 passport size photos with my name on the back?
Yes

- Do I need to send my college transcripts?
Yes

- As for my passport, do I need to scan EVERY page, or just the important ones, like my picture/information, previous UK visa,

I think all passport copies, plz check the check list in the application form.

- Does an official letter from company need to be added with both of our signatures?

An offer letter on a company letter hadpad, with your job title, salary and start date should be mentioned in the letter, ur signatures not required.

- Anything else I need to send off on my part?
Check the application form check list.

- How long does it usually take to get your Green Card processed!? I heard it can take 8 weeks minimum!! (Hopefully not!)

8 weeks, could be more some times.

- Can you work before receiving your PPS number?

Yes you can but you would be on emergency tax (higher rate, 42%, but you will get a refund once you get your PPS number and register ur job in the tax office.

- If you're just moving to Ireland obviously you don't have a place to live set up. What are your options for proof of residence when you first move to Ireland. I heard your employer can write a letter stating you're new to Ireland and don't yet have a place? Is this correct? If the company can write a letter on my behalf, what should it say on it? Will this also work for proof when opening a bank account!!?

Well u need a place to live anyway, you need a proof of address for the PPS number, so if u r getting a sharing accommodation the landlord can write you a letter confirming you are residing in his house, your employer can also add a letter confirming ur position and that you have joined recently.For the bank account your employer letter is enough.

denisaric
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by denisaric » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 pm

I got my green card after 15 days, but green card is valid from date you or your empoyer have indicated.
You need to allow them 12 weeks time so your green card'll be valid 12 weeks after your application was made.

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks guys!

Where does it say to submit college transcripts? I don't see that listed anywhere on the application; however, I've heard to send it. Really confused on that part.

neuron

Post by neuron » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:15 pm

My future employer just put in a Green Card application for me. A degree transcipt wasn't required - they checked beforehand. A friend of mine also came to Ireland recently on a Green Card, and he didn't need to put in the college transcript either with his application.

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. What do you mean they checked beforehand?

How long did it takes from submitting the application till you received the permit? I think my employer is just mailing it off.