ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC Self Assessment Not Available

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anni.wangol
Newly Registered

HMRC Self Assessment Not Available

Post by anni.wangol » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Dear all, I am new to this forum and a friend of mine recommend me this website and I hope it will be useful. I am newly self-employed and I have recently registered with HM Revenue and Customs. In Form AN, in the Good character section, I have selected self-employed. On page 18, Home office is asking for "Evidence of tax for Self-employed Applicants", "the most recent HM Revenue & custom Self Assessment Statement of Account". My first tax return will be due next year and I am applying for Naturalization next week! I am not sure what I should send to Home Office! I haven't even done any business yet! Should I just give them my Unique Taxpayer Reference ( UTR )?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Annie

luckylondon

Re: HMRC Self Assessment Not Available

Post by luckylondon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:23 am

This Blog is sleeping....its not like before.....things have been change...no one reply here...nor even their experienced Moderators....might they been on Holidays.....

Even I had asked them so many times same question...still waiting.....if you find the Reply please let me know too......Best way will be if you talk to NCS ..they will help you and let me know the solution

badratio

Post by badratio » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Why do you need it tho? You don't have to be employed or self-employed to naturalise.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

anni.wangol
Newly Registered

Post by anni.wangol » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:06 pm

luckylondon wrote:This Blog is sleeping....its not like before.....things have been change...no one reply here...nor even their experienced Moderators....might they been on Holidays.....

Even I had asked them so many times same question...still waiting.....if you find the Reply please let me know too......Best way will be if you talk to NCS ..they will help you and let me know the solution
Hi, luckylondon, thanks for your advice, do you have any contact details for NCS? I live in Manchester.

anni.wangol
Newly Registered

Post by anni.wangol » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 pm

badratio wrote:Why do you need it tho? You don't have to be employed or self-employed to naturalise.
Hi badratio, In Form AN, On page 18, Home office is asking for "Evidence of tax for Self-employed Applicants", "the most recent HM Revenue & custom Self Assessment Statement of Account". My first tax return will be due next year and I am applying for Naturalization next week! I am not sure what I should send to Home Office! I haven't even done any business yet! Should I just give them my Unique Taxpayer Reference ( UTR )? thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:52 am

Surely if they ask for the most recent one, and your first one is due next year, you don't need to provide any.

You can provide the UTR and add on page 15 that you just became self employed. Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation so nothing would happen if you get this section slightly wrong.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi!

I was in a similar situation, the only difference is I have a limited company and this is what I did.

My accountant wrote a letter stating the income to the company, expected TAX returns etc.

To be safe, I also printed the quarterly VAT returns receipts as well.

As you have only recently registered so get a letter from your accountant saying that you have recently become self employed and that they act as your accountant and bookeepers etc.

If you do not have an accountant, then write a letter yourself and explain your situation, your expected income etc.

As Jambo, mentioned send them your UTR.

Call your local council to get the appointment. Any council will do. I decided to use the council where I work instead of my resident council. And they did not send all those letters saying since you have ILR using the 5 year method, only the application form is sufficient as the Naturalisation team is very busy.

anni.wangol
Newly Registered

Post by anni.wangol » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks everyone for your help :D I am a lot more clear now after the answers :D

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi anni, yes you can use the local council ...look at the website and book appointment with them and discuss all your stuff.
Please let us know as well....because mine is Due in December too.

What I understand is ...give your previous reference where you work and explain them that you had recently formed a LTD company and your returns will be due in next year ...so cant provide with "self assessment accounts".

Rest better you have words with NCS people and let us know too what they say.

1. I have doubt...like [I have register My LTD company and I am sole director .....but haven't register as self-employed ...so is it necessary to register as self-employed ...and need to show them proof that Tax and NI is up to date]

2. Does need any letter from accountant that company is new and account will be due next year.

3. Just have UTR number (any other document need to provide)