ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Proof - Missing Original Degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Geetika123
Newly Registered

English Language Proof - Missing Original Degree

Post by Geetika123 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:28 am

I am a Chartered Accountant and applying for british naturalisation.
I have lost my membership Certificate(sort of CA degree) . I used this certificate to get a Naric certificate few years back (which I still have).
Can someone let me know if only using below documents will be ok OR would I still need the original membership certificate/CA degree

I have following certificates:-
1) Naric certificate
2) passing marksheets
3) 3 passing certificate each for Foundation/Inter/Final

Thanks Geetika

akash08

Re: English Language Proof - Missing Original Degree

Post by akash08 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:17 pm

This is the copy and paste from official guidance

If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation

You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:

an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award

an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued

Your letter must include:

your name
your degree
the date the degree was or will be awarded

I think you are the best judge of whether the documents you have satisfy the criteria or not. Do not think many in the forum understand the documents you have mentioned as they are specific to your degree.

Finally, if I was you, i will simply take an English exam and use that certificate to prove my language skill. Whatever you do, since you are not giving your original degree certificate, you are always at risk of delay or rejection and the subsequent financial loss and stress.