ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SPOUSE Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gkskumar12

ILR SPOUSE Visa

Post by gkskumar12 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 am

Hello Gurus

I need some advise regarding my wife visa.Please kindly reply me as this question might have been answered before, as its difficult for me to understand from others posts.Please appreciate ur help

I am a British Citizen (WP+ Tier 1 General), wife applied for he spouse visa on July 6th 2012 and received her visa in Oct 23rd 2012.She entered UK on 10th Dec 2012.
1.First of all can she apply for ILR in Nov 2014 ( as i recollect, any one applied for Visa by 6/07/12 are eligible for the old 2yr ILR rule), if so which application form??
2.We both are working, I am self employed and my wife is full time employed from last 7 months - What documents do we need from employment point of view? Do we need to show both employment details??
3.Do we need to show any balance or savings in Bank, if so from how many months - we dont have any balance or savings in our account.
4.When can i book an appointment for Nov if we are eligible??
5.What other documents or proofs do we need?
6.My wife has passed Life in the UK test, is it enough or does she have to do any english exams, My wife passed IELTS english exam and got a overall score of 6.0, is that enough or not?

Please advise.

Thank you
Kumar

gkskumar12

Re: ILR SPOUSE Visa

Post by gkskumar12 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Can some body please advise!!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Assuming you were settled/British when you applied. You nay apply for SET(M) from 28 days before 10th Dec 2014. B1 English and LIUK has been passed. Cohabitation proof required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 am

Hi
Amber
Thank you very much for your reply and your advice.
I need some clarification on application form please!!!
I was on gov.uk website apply to settle in the UK point and i have given the following info below
1.What's your situation?
You're the family member or partner of a British citizen

2.Did your family member or partner settle before they became a British citizen?
Yes

3.How did they settle?
On a work visa

4.What type of work visa did they settle with?
A tier 1, tier 2 or tier 5 visa

and I was give this info in reply for How to apply
Complete application form SET(O) unless you’ve extended your permission using form FLR(M) - if you have you should apply using form SET(M).

and when i gone through the SET O application i feel its not relevant to Dependant application.

So can you please clarify again whether its SET O or SET M application i should fill in??
Again my situation I was on WP and then changed to Tier 1 General visa and ILR and BC and when i was on ILR my wife was issue dependent/spouse visa .Please kindly advise

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Were you settled/British when you applied for the spouse leave?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:35 pm

I was on my ILR when my wife applied for her Spouse visa and i got my ILR by staying on WP and Tier 1 General for 5 years.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:40 am

Then it'll be SET(M) if her leave to enter is as a spouse of a person settled in the UK.

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:00 am

Thanks Amber,
Can you please let me know how many absences are allowed in 2 years.
My wife has been out of the country for almost 72 days since she first came to UK.Once before getting a job and after getting a job for holidays.All these days she went back to India.

Please let me know

Thanks

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi
Please confirm if there is any limit of days to be outside UK in Spouse visa???

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:24 am

Pls can some pls confirm the number of days allowed to be outside UK before ILR for spouse visa (2yr rule)?????

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 am

There is no set limit. Reasonable periods of absence will be acceptable. i.e for holidays etc. However, when applying for British Citizenship no more than 90 days of absence in the 12 months prior to applying.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Thank you

mia_kia
Newly Registered

Post by mia_kia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Amber wrote:Were you settled/British when you applied for the spouse leave?
I am somewhat confused. I thought i have to use SET(O) application form as my husband got citizenship after ILR before we even met and hence apply for my spouse visa. could you clarifiy, please?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:47 am

SET(M).