ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkashifakram
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by mkashifakram » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:36 pm

saeumair wrote:yea I know, a bit anxious as need to travel
thanks
Mate, today I got a confirmation email from UKBA stating that, my daughter will be allowed entry in UK on return from abroad based on the fact that her MN1 application is in process and she was born in UK even if her Tier 1 dependent visa expires.

You can also send an email and keep it as a proof to NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Simha
Newly Registered

Post by Simha » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

mkashifakram wrote:
thanks
Mate, today I got a confirmation email from UKBA stating that, my daughter will be allowed entry in UK on return from abroad based on the fact that her MN1 application is in process and she was born in UK even if her Tier 1 dependent visa expires.

You can also send an email and keep it as a proof to NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Hi,

Even though they told that they have stopped my friends son when they were coming back to UK. After a long argument they made a note on my friends son's account and allowed eventually in to UK. Also they mentioned because he is minor they cannot send them back.
So I would recommend you to take a print out of the letter you received from UKBA, MN1 application acknowledgement, Birth certificate just in case and any other documents that you can think of that may required.

RustyNail
Newly Registered

Post by RustyNail » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:10 pm

ash1111 wrote:Dear Rustynail (real rusty :) lol

This isn't true what you have been quoted and understood, I applied my sibling passport day before yesterday through fast track and none of the parents are british citizen, the help line for appointment don't know much about it. When i booked they said concerened department will give you a ring, which they did and said as long as baby got naturlisation certificate its ok. The experience at the passport office was brilliant he kept the naturlisation certificate and birth certificate (will return through post later). My nail aren't rusty its clean and I hope and pray your will be very soon as well.

Take care and best of luck.
Hi Ash, I assure you my nails are very clean. The screen name has nothing to do with any part of the human body, or with nails that you hammer into things, in case that is your next guess. :)

I did get incorrect information from 3 different people when I called to book the fast track appointment. I went ahead with booking an appointment anyway, which my wife attended on Wednesday 10/09/2014 and the passport arrived on 13/09/2014.

Bottomline: Too many people working in the passport office do not have the requisite knowledge to be on the job.

Good luck to all applying their passports.

mkashifakram
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifakram » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Simha wrote:
mkashifakram wrote:
thanks

Hi,

Even though they told that they have stopped my friends son when they were coming back to UK. After a long argument they made a note on my friends son's account and allowed eventually in to UK. Also they mentioned because he is minor they cannot send them back.
So I would recommend you to take a print out of the letter you received from UKBA, MN1 application acknowledgement, Birth certificate just in case and any other documents that you can think of that may required.
Agreed

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Do kids neeeds to attend the appointment as well for fast track......and when u rung them did they give u appointment the next following day.....plz reply many thanks.

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:54 am

mkashifakram wrote:
thanks

Thanks for the information , where you will be travelling form ? will the immigration department and airline in the country you are travelling form will let your little one travel when her visa is expired ?

yeljay
Newly Registered

Post by yeljay » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 pm

mkashifakram wrote:

thanks

Thanks for this valuable info. We are going to travel later in the year with my 3 year old boy. Do you mind keeping the forum posted on how your travel went , especially if your airline company allowed you to boar the flight ? This will be much appreciated.

Tier1settlement
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1settlement » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 14 May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23 May 2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 16 Sep 2014 :P

I've just checked my post and found the registration certificate.

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

mkashifakram wrote:
thanks

You can also send an email and keep it as a proof to NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk[/quote

If you are travelling to pakistan mate..be very careful..even though home office said they will allow him bk in , its the thugs at the airports in pakistan which will not let him board without a visa...this happened to me back in 2012 when i was told by HO that it is ok to go as they told you but the people at islamabad airport said they will not allow it ..i had to travel alone leaving my wife n kids behind..not a good day for us...so its not heathrow you should worry about..its them ignorant and illetrate people back home you have to worry about...Good luck...do make sure that islamabad FIA will let u on the plane b4 you go without your kids visa....

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 pm

shoji147 wrote:
mkashifakram wrote:
thanks

You can also send an email and keep it as a proof to NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk[/quote

If you are travelling to pakistan mate..be very careful..even though home office said they will allow him bk in , its the thugs at the airports in pakistan which will not let him board without a visa...this happened to me back in 2012 when i was told by HO that it is ok to go as they told you but the people at islamabad airport said they will not allow it ..i had to travel alone leaving my wife n kids behind..not a good day for us...so its not heathrow you should worry about..its them ignorant and illetrate people back home you have to worry about...Good luck...do make sure that islamabad FIA will let u on the plane b4 you go without your kids visa....

How you manage to bring your kid back in uk then ? Did you applied for his UK passport in Pakistan ?

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 am

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS Bedworth
Date of post: 04/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/06/2014
Date of debit of fees: 10/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/06/2014

Date of receipt of approval: WAITING
Date of receipt of documents: N/A
Date of receipt of registration certificate: WAITING

Its 15 weeks (3.5 months) now and still waiting :(

Is there anyone else who applied in June, please share your updates ?
Thanks.
Regards.

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:26 pm

[quote="rasheedabdul786"]Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: Postal
Date of Application:12/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 17/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/05/2014

Date of receipt of approval:16/09/2014
Date of receipt of documents: 18/09/2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting. :roll:

Almost took 4.5 mths to get an approval...best of luck to everyone who are waiting for the certificate..

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:22 pm

It seems to be taking 4 months to get the certificate back these days.
I applied 12th June. In the same situation as you.
Urge to be patient and wait until the official 6 months, as quoted by HO, have passed.
If your kid has the current dependent visa against your work visa, try using that for travel (if you have to) as its still valid.
charismatic_one wrote:Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS Bedworth
Date of post: 04/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/06/2014

Date of receipt of approval: WAITING
Date of receipt of documents: N/A
Date of receipt of registration certificate: WAITING

Its 15 weeks (3.5 months) now and still waiting :(

Is there anyone else who applied in June, please share your updates ?
Thanks.
Regards.

niceali1976
Newly Registered

Post by niceali1976 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 am

Date applied 16/05/2014
Fee debited 21/05/2014
Registration certificates received : 19/09/2014
Certificates dated : 15/09/2014

I applied MN1 for my 3 kids all born in the UK. Their applications were submitted after mine and their mum's ILR. We both obtained our ILR at PEO.

It took exactly 4 months from the date we applied at NCS.

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi

For all those who have been waiting for 4 months or so, I would suggest to call HO at least once.

I had submitted MN1 for my daughter using NCS on 9th May.

I waited and called them only once on 10th Sep morning around 11 am and was told that application is under consideration and I should expect the outcome in next 2 weeks.

Surprisingly, I got the certificate on 13th Sep with Certificate date of 10th Sep and Cover Letter dated 11th Sep. Somehow, I feel they may have pushed the application on the same day(I have read abt such cases where application been pushed immediately after receiving enquiry call). So, I would suggest to give a call to them at least once and hope for the best in next few days.

Thanks

niceali1976
Newly Registered

Post by niceali1976 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 pm

raja1082k1

It's just coincidence that you phoned on 10th and received the certificates on 13th. They are actually processing these days the applications submitted during 1st and 2nd May. They will not push the case up on a telephone call. It's just a myth. They tell clearly to wait up to 6 months before you give a follow up call.

niceali1976
Newly Registered

Post by niceali1976 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:03 pm

I mean applications submitted in 1st and 2nd week of May 2014 are being processed these days.

Tier1settlement
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1settlement » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Yes I agree nothing to do with the phone call I never called them and got the certificate exactly in 4months time and think that applications submitted through NCS are taking 4 months and where as those applied by post taking longer then 4 months.

Also I think if someone ask their documents to back before the decision then it may add extra time.

Good luck for those waiting.

binay
Newly Registered

Post by binay » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:26 pm

RustyNail wrote:
ash1111 wrote:Dear Rustynail (real rusty :) lol

This isn't true what you have been quoted and understood, I applied my sibling passport day before yesterday through fast track and none of the parents are british citizen, the help line for appointment don't know much about it. When i booked they said concerened department will give you a ring, which they did and said as long as baby got naturlisation certificate its ok. The experience at the passport office was brilliant he kept the naturlisation certificate and birth certificate (will return through post later). My nail aren't rusty its clean and I hope and pray your will be very soon as well.

Take care and best of luck.
Hi Ash, I assure you my nails are very clean. The screen name has nothing to do with any part of the human body, or with nails that you hammer into things, in case that is your next guess. :)

I did get incorrect information from 3 different people when I called to book the fast track appointment. I went ahead with booking an appointment anyway, which my wife attended on Wednesday 10/09/2014 and the passport arrived on 13/09/2014.

Bottomline: Too many people working in the passport office do not have the requisite knowledge to be on the job.

Good luck to all applying their passports.

Hi
DId they send the passport through Royal Mail private courier?
Thanks

juz

Post by juz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 am

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3) for 2 kids under 10
Method of application: NCS (Milton Keynes)
Date of Application:21/05/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/06/14 (letter date: 02/06/14)
Date of debit of fees: 02/06/14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/06/14 (letter date: 02/06/14)
Date of receipt of approval: 20/09/14
Date of receipt of documents: NA
Date of receipt of registration certificate:20/09/14

** Finally sorted :)

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 am

Hi there

Can anyone help to tell the NCS procedure . What exactly they need to submit the application for MN1?

And do they need any supporting documents too?

I would appreciate..

Regards

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmasud » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3);
Method of application: NCS (Hatfield) - 03/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/06/2014
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Still Waiting :x

farooq123
Newly Registered

Post by farooq123 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:17 pm

hi I am british citizen by descent came to uk 1987 and my father is british other then descent. got married in morocco 2011 my wife got spouse visa 2014 same month we hand baby boy on 19/01/2014 can I register my son has British I live in uk and can I use mn 1 form please help everyone telling me different story's my son is still in morocco . and can register him under this ???

Under s of the British Nationality Act 1981 if a child is born outside the UK to a parent who is a UK citizen by descent provided that the child’s parent lived for a period of three years in the UK before the child was born. This is citizenship by registration and it is under s 3(2) of the above act, which is here:-
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

This is outlined at section 13 of the following document:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 03/bn4.pdf

This is further confirmed in the guidance notes to the application at the section on page 10 titled “Children born abroad to British parents – Section 3 (2) or section 3 (5) application”:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2014.pdf

Form MN1 is the correct application form to register the child. The application fee is quite high (I believe £823) so I would strongly suggest that you gather together all the supporting documents first and get these and the application checked by a UK immigration solicitor in order to be sure that the application will not be rejected when you make it, because obviously you do not want to lose the application fee.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. ????

farooq123
Newly Registered

Post by farooq123 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 pm

hi I am british citizen by descent came to uk 1987 and my father is british other then descent. got married in morocco 2011 my wife got spouse visa 2014 same month we hand baby boy on 19/01/2014 can I register my son has British I live in uk and can I use mn 1 form please help everyone telling me different story's

can anyone help please?????????????????????????

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 am

Guys what is the contact number to find out the status of MN1 Application.