ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mike_k

Re: March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by mike_k » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi faani, I am very sorry your application is taking so long. I obviously do not know the answer to your question - but it may be that the caseworker who was working on your application was reassigned to the passport office. However, the UKVI service standards (as published on the website and in my letter acknowledging receipt of application) are pretty clear that your application will be processed within six months - unless they have requested more information, or they have contacted you to tell you that your application will take longer. I would suggest you familiarise yourself with their service standards (you can find them here - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services and there is also useful information in the customer charter here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ommitments).

Then I would contact them and remind them that: (1) their service standards state that they will provide you with a detailed response to an enquiry (2) their customer charter states that they will let you know if your application cannot be decided within the six month time scale and (3) the acknowledgement letter which you received (if it is the same as mine) states that if your application was to take longer than six months to process that they would contact you to let you know the new time frame for deciding your application. If I were you I would take the name of the person you are talking to and push them for a firm response as to when you will receive your decision. Good luck.

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am

Mine was approved but kept on for further checks. Check my thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 69200.html

Sarva-Antah
Newly Registered

Post by Sarva-Antah » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Eligibility criteria: Moved to the UK on 15 January 2009 and had ILR since this date as I was under 18 and did it based on Ancestral Visa, 5 years in UK before application
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK degree
Current nationality: South African
Method of application: NCS Conwy
Date of application: 19 March 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Direct debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: not sure
Date of acknowledgment: 7 April 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 8 April 2014
Date approval received: Not yet
Date of ceremony: Not yet

I have some info on my correspondence with UKVI, it's quite long-winded and very strange...please read.

On July 17th I received an email from UKVI Customer Surveys which said "having recently received a decision on your application...". Of course I hadn't, so I called UKVI the same date and the guy I spoke to said it was sent in error and my application "is still under consideration". I then called a couple of weeks later at the end of July and was told the same thing, and the guy said that my application was logged onto the system on 28 March.

I moved houses and needed to confirm that they had my new address so I called UKVI yesterday (18 August) and I asked for an update on the status. The guy told me there was no application, so I said that's not possible as I've applied and haven't yet received a decision. He then "looked into it" and said: "I can see the ceremony was approved on 10 June and a letter was sent out to you". This got me very excited but I had to explain that I never received any such letter. He then proceeded to say that it may have something to do with changing my address and I explained I had only just moved so would've received the letter. He then said that it may have been sent to the NCS I went through but I explained I have all correspondence sent to me, and then he confirmed it was sent to my old address. I explained my concern at not receiving the letter and he said he was arranging for another to be sent to my new address soon. I also said I was confused because two weeks ago I was told it was still under consideration. He said he didn't know why...he was very vague and didn't seem interested in helping me at all, just wanting to get rid of me almost.

An hour later I started to panic having remembered that you have 3 months from the date of approval in which to attend your ceremony. I'm going on holiday in September and realised the 3 months would be on 10 September, and considering I hadn't even received the letter...got me very worried. So I called again and spoke to a woman. I explained what had happened and she said that she was confused and would have to assign a callback from a case worker who could look into my case. I asked her if it had been approved and she said she couldn't see the details of the letter...so I wondered how the other guy could...

Anyway, today it got a callback from the case worker and told him what happened. He looked into it and said my application is still under consideration and he has no idea why I was told otherwise. He was very apologetic and helpful, and said the confusion was unacceptable. He then said he was arranging for the person who is going to make the decision on my application to investigate what has happened and to call me back within the next week and discuss what has happened. He also said that there have been NO letters sent to me...

I'm SO confused...has anyone else had a similar experience? I do now believe it is still under consideration, nearly 5 months later, but am so confused as to why one guy would lie to me. I can't believe I didn't get his name!

It's twice that I've been misled now, first with the email on 17 July and then this, and it's not fun I can tell you that much!!!

I hope that the decision maker will see this and push my application forward for a decision...

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Sarva-Antah wrote:Eligibility criteria: Moved to the UK on 15 January 2009 and had ILR since this date as I was under 18 and did it based on Ancestral Visa, 5 years in UK before application
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK degree

I have some info on my correspondence with UKVI, it's quite long-winded and very strange...please read.

On July 17th I received an email from UKVI Customer Surveys which said "having recently received a decision on your application...". Of course I hadn't, so I called UKVI the same date and the guy I spoke to said it was sent in error and my application "is still under consideration". I then called a couple of weeks later at the end of July and was told the same thing, and the guy said that my application was logged onto the system on 28 March.

I moved houses and needed to confirm that they had my new address so I called UKVI yesterday (18 August) and I asked for an update on the status. The guy told me there was no application, so I said that's not possible as I've applied and haven't yet received a decision. He then "looked into it" and said: "I can see the ceremony was approved on 10 June and a letter was sent out to you". This got me very excited but I had to explain that I never received any such letter. He then proceeded to say that it may have something to do with changing my address and I explained I had only just moved so would've received the letter. He then said that it may have been sent to the NCS I went through but I explained I have all correspondence sent to me, and then he confirmed it was sent to my old address. I explained my concern at not receiving the letter and he said he was arranging for another to be sent to my new address soon. I also said I was confused because two weeks ago I was told it was still under consideration. He said he didn't know why...he was very vague and didn't seem interested in helping me at all, just wanting to get rid of me almost.

An hour later I started to panic having remembered that you have 3 months from the date of approval in which to attend your ceremony. I'm going on holiday in September and realised the 3 months would be on 10 September, and considering I hadn't even received the letter...got me very worried. So I called again and spoke to a woman. I explained what had happened and she said that she was confused and would have to assign a callback from a case worker who could look into my case. I asked her if it had been approved and she said she couldn't see the details of the letter...so I wondered how the other guy could...

Anyway, today it got a callback from the case worker and told him what happened. He looked into it and said my application is still under consideration and he has no idea why I was told otherwise. He was very apologetic and helpful, and said the confusion was unacceptable. He then said he was arranging for the person who is going to make the decision on my application to investigate what has happened and to call me back within the next week and discuss what has happened. He also said that there have been NO letters sent to me...

I'm SO confused...has anyone else had a similar experience? I do now believe it is still under consideration, nearly 5 months later, but am so confused as to why one guy would lie to me. I can't believe I didn't get his name!

It's twice that I've been misled now, first with the email on 17 July and then this, and it's not fun I can tell you that much!!!

I hope that the decision maker will see this and push my application forward for a decision...
Dear Sarvah,
I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I haven't heard from them too. Almost 6 months in 1 week. When I called recently, they said call back after 6 months and we will look into it :(
Also, how do you get a call back from the caseworker?

faani

Post by faani » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Hira123 wrote:
Sarva-Antah wrote:Eligibility criteria: Moved to the UK on 15 January 2009 and had ILR since this date as I was under 18 and did it based on Ancestral Visa, 5 years in UK before application

Dear Sarvah,
I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I haven't heard from them too. Almost 6 months in 1 week. When I called recently, they said call back after 6 months and we will look into it :(

Hi Hira

Did you try to contact ur local MP???

Check Feb timeline 28 Aug- I don't remember his name but he contacted his local MP n got a prompt reply

I'm still waiting, thinking to contact my local MP but will wait till 6 month pass

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 am

faani wrote:
Hira123 wrote:

Dear Sarvah,

Hi Hira

Did you try to contact ur local MP???

Check Feb timeline 28 Aug- I don't remember his name but he contacted his local MP n got a prompt reply

I'm still waiting, thinking to contact my local MP but will wait till 6 month pass
No I haven't yet. I am also waiting for the completion of my 6 months, which is soon.
Also, my local Citizens Advice Bureau offered to help if I don't hear within 6 months.
I guess that's all we can do, get legal organisations to get involved.

Wish you all the best

stk
Newly Registered

Post by stk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:01 pm

I have received the brown letter today, after after 5 months and 10 days. Thank God it was long and painful

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm

stk wrote:I have received the brown letter today, after after 5 months and 10 days. Thank God it was long and painful
Congratulations!! This gave me some hope :)

sogy

Post by sogy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:20 pm

stk wrote:I have received the brown letter today, after after 5 months and 10 days. Thank God it was long and painful
Congrats! You have applied about the same time as me, but I got my approval almost 2 months ago.

stk
Newly Registered

Post by stk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Hira123 wrote:
Thank you and I hope you or any one waiting receive the good news sooner

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:49 pm

stk wrote:
Hira123 wrote:
Thank you and I hope you or any one waiting receive the good news sooner
Thank you :)
6 months yesterday and still no news :(
Any tips?

faani

Post by faani » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Thank you :)
Any tips?[/quote]

Hiya

I'm also waiting ..........

6 months going to be completed on Thursday this week

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:09 pm

faani wrote:Thank you :)
Any tips?

Hiya

6 months going to be completed on Thursday this week[/quote]

Hi faani,

I know how you feel! I have emailed my MP and I am now waiting for her to get back.
Even if you call, they will say it's 'under consideration'.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Has anyone called HO after the 6 months expiry , ( or planning to call them )

can you please share your experiences

Are they able to give you an update or response on whats going on with your application ?

faani

Post by faani » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 am

Hira123 wrote:
Any tips?

Hiya

Hi faani,

I know how you feel! I have emailed my MP and I am now waiting for her to get back.
Even if you call, they will say it's 'under consideration'.[/quote]

Hi Hira

Hope ur well . Any reply from MP / update from HO

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:44 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Has anyone called HO after the 6 months expiry , ( or planning to call them )

Are they able to give you an update or response on whats going on with your application ?

I called them up and they said it's still under consideration :/
They also said that I can't do anything else other than to wait.

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:48 pm

faani wrote:
Hira123 wrote:
Any tips?

Hiya

Hi faani,

Even if you call, they will say it's 'under consideration'.

Hi Hira

Hope ur well . Any reply from MP / update from HO[/quote]

Hi faani,

Thanks and I hope you are well too :)
No replies or news from HO unfortunately.
I have been advised by Citizens Advice Bureau to just wait and give a call to them at the end of this month.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:54 pm

anyone called HO after 6 month expiry ?

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi Hira,

if your application is over 6 months you should write to them and also get you MP involved as its way out of their SLA of 6 months

Hira123 wrote:
MonkeyBusiness wrote:Has anyone called HO after the 6 months expiry , ( or planning to call them )

Hira123
Newly Registered

Post by Hira123 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi Hira,

if your application is over 6 months you should write to them and also get you MP involved as its way out of their SLA of 6 months

Hira123 wrote:

Hi,

By writing, do you mean I should email them?
If so, could you share the email address please?
I have emailed my MP but I haven't heard back yet!
I'm starting to give up now.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

This is non issue as most of us who have applied has given the BRP card back to HO.

I would only say you would be fine with your passport and the latest BRP when you go to your NCS.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 am

there is a phone number in the acknowledgement letter

so call them first and ask them whats going on with the application as after 6 months you have the right to know why its delayed

as they are supposed to let you know before the six months expiry if your application is delayed and the reason on why its delayed

Send them a letter by post and send a copy to your local MP

they receive 1000's of emails and email address is not monitored that much

[quote="Hira123"][quote="MonkeyBusiness"]Hi Hira,

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi

For all those who have been waiting for 4 months or so, I would suggest to call HO at least once.

I had submitted MN1 for my daughter using NCS on 9th May.

I waited and called them only once on 10th Sep morning around 11 am and was told that application is under consideration and I should expect the outcome in next 2 weeks.

Surprisingly, I got the certificate on 13th Sep with Certificate date of 10th Sep and Cover Letter dated 11th Sep. Somehow, I feel they may have pushed the application on the same day(I have read abt such cases where application been pushed immediately after receiving enquiry call). So, I would suggest to give a call to them at least once and hope for the best in next few days.

Thanks

faani

Post by faani » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Hira

Hope ur well . Any reply from MP / update from HO[/quote]
I just phoned them n been told that my application is still on progress. I said pls tell me the latest update as its been more than 6 months now. She said I can't tell you anything as there isn't any update on my system if you want to get a real update please write to nationality team. I said shall I email to them she said no if you email them you will get a std reply so best to write them

I am now thinking to write them n my MP as well

I pray we get our approvals soon inshaAllah

raulvibes
Newly Registered

Post by raulvibes » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:03 am

faani wrote:Hi Hira

Hope ur well . Any reply from MP / update from HO
I just phoned them n been told that my application is still on progress. I said pls tell me the latest update as its been more than 6 months now. She said I can't tell you anything as there isn't any update on my system if you want to get a real update please write to nationality team. I said shall I email to them she said no if you email them you will get a std reply so best to write them

I am now thinking to write them n my MP as well

I pray we get our approvals soon inshaAllah
Ditto I got same robotic reply but where should I write? Can anyone post the department and its postal address.

Many thanks