ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

supporting documents for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z18runway

supporting documents for naturalisation

Post by z18runway » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi,

I am applying for naturalisation as a british citizen. I have a doubt before I take the application form to Nationality checking service at my local council.

On the guide AN page 13 under Evidence of identity, they have asked to provide number of identities to be enclosed along with the application and under that they have said:

Evidence of identity

*Your passport OR

*National identity card OR

*Home Office travel document OR

*Home Office entitlement card OR

*Home Office ARC letter OR

Your birth certificate OR

*Your photo driving licence

"* if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application."

Here while taking the test I used my biometric card which I had to submit to home office while extending my visa. So home office took that original biometric card which I used at the time of taking the test and they replaced with new biometric card.

This will be the case of most of the applicants who apply for naturalisation if they would have used their biometric card at the time of taking KOL test.

As I am applying through Nationality checking service, if they ask to provide the card and I will be left with no choice and will be loosing the fee for that service.

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks.

vivdubes

Re: supporting documents for naturalisation

Post by vivdubes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 am

This is non issue you would be fine with the passport and the present BRP

z18runway

Re: supporting documents for naturalisation

Post by z18runway » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks