ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on indian court marriage for british citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

antrad

Advice on indian court marriage for british citizen

Post by antrad » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and intend to marry an Indian citizen in India. I've gone through all the questions in the forum and couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. Would appreciate it, if someone answers my queries outlined below.

1. Is Indian marriage certificate sufficient for proof of marriage? Should I get the marriage registered in British embassy as well?
2. Thinking of having a court marriage in advance to quicken the visa process. Is this OK?
3. What is the application form required for my spouse to apply for visa
4. Should my spouse maintain funds in her bank account in India, for visa purpose?

batleykhan

Re: Advice on indian court marriage for british citizen

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:27 pm

antrad wrote:Hello,

I am a British citizen and intend to marry an Indian citizen in India. I've gone through all the questions in the forum and couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. Would appreciate it, if someone answers my queries outlined below.

1. Is Indian marriage certificate sufficient for proof of marriage? Should I get the marriage registered in British embassy as well?

YES AS LONG AS ITS AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT USED FOR REGISTERING MARRIAGES IN THE LAND.YOU DONT NEED TO REGSITER YOUR MARRIAGE AT THE BHC IN INDIA

2. Thinking of having a court marriage in advance to quicken the visa process. Is this OK?

NO PROBLEM AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL AND YOU CAN PROVIDE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AT TIME YOU APPLY.

3. What is the application form required for my spouse to apply for visa

VAF4A COMPLETED ONLINE HERE
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

AND VAF4A APPENDIX 2 PRINTED OFF AND HAND FILLED

4. Should my spouse maintain funds in her bank account in India, for visa purpose

THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR YOUR SPOUSE TO HAVE SAVINGS OR PRODUCE BANK STATEMENTS FROM INDIA. YOU HAVE TO DO IT FROM THE UK
?

antrad

Re: Advice on indian court marriage for british citizen

Post by antrad » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:36 am

Thank you for the reply.

As I am a British citizen, do I need to get a letter of no objection from either Indian or UK embassy, to register the marriage?