ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flatwhite
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by flatwhite » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:28 am

Eligibility criteria:
Language criteria met:
Current nationality: South African
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used:Sutton
Date of application: 08/05/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 16/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27/05/2014
Date approval received: Still Waiting
Date of ceremony: Still waiting

Can the above please be added to the spreadsheet.

Thanks

azeecw
Newly Registered

Post by azeecw » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi all!

Finally arrived the long awaited brown envelope with approval and documents (I applied through post). Now I have to wait for ceremony invitation letter.

I really hope that all of you who are still waiting get their approval soon.

azeecw wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 (General) + ILR
Language criteria : LIUK + UK Degree
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 12/05/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/05/14
Date of aknowlegment: 19/5/14
Date approval received: 17/09/14. Dated 15/09/14
Ceremony:

Hi guys!
Above is my timeline. I really hope that our agonising wait comes to an end very soon. Upon call, got the standard "in progress" reply.

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Congrats.

azeecw wrote:Hi all!

Finally arrived the long awaited brown envelope with approval and documents (I applied through post). Now I have to wait for ceremony invitation letter.

I really hope that all of you who are still waiting get their approval soon.

azeecw wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 (General) + ILR
Language criteria : LIUK + UK Degree
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 12/05/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/05/14
Date of aknowlegment: 19/5/14
Date approval received: 17/09/14. Dated 15/09/14
Ceremony:

Hi guys!
Above is my timeline. I really hope that our agonising wait comes to an end very soon. Upon call, got the standard "in progress" reply.

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:29 pm

musto wrote:Aaaarrgh. I feel like I should curse the HO, there's only so long you can wait before you start to give up.
Hope If we curse them all together at the same day at the same time ,may be they may feel the heat of our curse....My application received on 08/09/2014 and money taken on 11/09/2014 acknowledge received on 20/09/2014.. more than 5 year ILR.clear history inspite of that....Keep calling...... application under process.....standard time with standard answer 6 months........
My question is that ,what if 6 months is passed ..should I go Home office ..and sit on hunger strike....ha..ha..ha.people are really in trouble waiting more than six months and then writing to MPS...Home office ...etc...etc

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:02 pm

guys i had enough got same reply today wait 6 months ...i applied on 1st may look like people applied in first week of may they r still waiting like me ..wat is this ...they said it can take up to 6 months that doesnt mean 7 months ...legally waiting time is 6 months not even 7 ...if anyone know abt this 6 months thing please explain ...thanks

azeecw
Newly Registered

Post by azeecw » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi Desi143!

Have you received your ceremony invitation letter?

Thanks

desi143 wrote:
desi143 wrote:Nationality: Indian
Eligibility criteria: 3 yrs student 5 yrs married to British citizen.
Method of application: Post recorded delivery.
Application type: Naturalization
English language: Life in the UK pass certificate .
Payment method: Debit Card.
Date of Application: 19th May 2014.
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20th May 2014.
Date of debit of fees: 28th May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02nd June 2014 but dated 28th may 2014.
Date of receipt of approval: 05th September 2014 received letter about application successful. will receive invitation letter any time in few days
Date of Ceremony: waiting

:D :D :D :D :D :D
I don't understand why couldn't they sent invitation letter with my original documents which was more secure. I have to wait for few more days for invitation then for oath then again in queue for passport. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:52 am

Finally after 133 days, I got my approval letter today. Details are below:
skilled_migrant wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS during entry clearance + Life in UK
Council name: Birmingham
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/05/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 21/05/2014

Date approval received: 18/09/2014 (Dated: 13/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 am

Congratulations!!

Surprise to see that they are also working on Saturday :P
skilled_migrant wrote:Finally after 133 days, I got my approval letter today. Details are below:
skilled_migrant wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS during entry clearance + Life in UK
Council name: Birmingham
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/05/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 21/05/2014

Date approval received: 18/09/2014 (Dated: 13/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting
*please do not take this as professional advice**

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am

SKK27 wrote:
musto wrote:Aaaarrgh. I feel like I should curse the HO, there's only so long you can wait before you start to give up.
Hope If we curse them all together at the same day at the same time ,may be they may feel the heat of our curse....My application received on 08/09/2014 and money taken on 11/09/2014 acknowledge received on 20/09/2014.. more than 5 year ILR.clear history inspite of that....Keep calling...... application under process.....standard time with standard answer 6 months........
My question is that ,what if 6 months is passed ..should I go Home office ..and sit on hunger strike....ha..ha..ha.people are really in trouble waiting more than six months and then writing to MPS...Home office ...etc...etc
And the worst thing is people who applied in June and July are receiving their approvals, no wonder there's a mess on passport office and there's bound to be one on BC apps. if it continues like this. Aaaah now i feel better i got that out of the way..LOL

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am

Yes, you are right go2khurram, I just noticed now that 13 Sep was Saturday. Thanks.
go2khurram wrote:Congratulations!!

Surprise to see that they are also working on Saturday :P

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 am

king hassi wrote:guys i had enough got same reply today wait 6 months ...i applied on 1st may look like people applied in first week of may they r still waiting like me ..wat is this ...they said it can take up to 6 months that doesnt mean 7 months ...legally waiting time is 6 months not even 7 ...if anyone know abt this 6 months thing please explain ...thanks
After 6 months they are responsible to give you an answer.. not before that.. till then no much details will be revealed for you excpet 'Your applicaiton is under consideration' :roll:

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am

Also the letter say if your application is going to take longer than 6 months we will contact you
IndiMarshall wrote:
king hassi wrote:guys i had enough got same reply today wait 6 months ...i applied on 1st may look like people applied in first week of may they r still waiting like me ..wat is this ...they said it can take up to 6 months that doesnt mean 7 months ...legally waiting time is 6 months not even 7 ...if anyone know abt this 6 months thing please explain ...thanks
After 6 months they are responsible to give you an answer.. not before that.. till then no much details will be revealed for you excpet 'Your applicaiton is under consideration' :roll:

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:15 am

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Also the letter say if your application is going to take longer than 6 months we will contact you
IndiMarshall wrote:
:lol: :lol:

mhent

Post by mhent » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:56 pm

I sent pre paid special delivery envelop to the home office, they returned my documents using the special delivery envelop on 11/9 but the decision letter was not inside, when I called the home office when I received it and they told me that decision was sent seperately using 2nd class post which I still did not receive, they refused to tell me the decision. I called again today to try and see if they sent invitation letter so I would know that its approved if they did, but lady said first I cant tell you if a invitation letter sent untill you get the decision letter.

Does anybody know how long after the decision date they print the invitation letter

vora

Post by vora » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:14 am

Eligibility criteria: Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters + Life in UK
Council name: Warwick
Date of application: 19/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Dont remember
Date of aknowlegment: 29/05/2014
Date approval received: 18/09/2014 (Dated: 12/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting (Birmingham City council will send invitation)

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 am

vora wrote:Eligibility criteria: Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Masters + Life in UK
Council name: Warwick
Date of application: 19/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Dont remember
Date of aknowlegment: 29/05/2014
Date approval received: 18/09/2014 (Dated: 12/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: Waiting (Birmingham City council will send invitation)

congratulations :)

What the approval letter says regarding the ceremony please? Did they say if they will send you invitation letter or the council will ?

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi Guys,

It looks like HO is randomly doing application from May, June, July all months together just to pretend there is no backlog

But I am certain there is a backlog

I think its too late too do this, but to save myself from any further frustration I have decided not to wait for the letter everyday or try to call HO ( just wait till 6 months is over )

I will just get on with what ever I am doing and will only report back if I receive the famous brown envelop

good luck all and thanks for all the help

sip05ma4

Post by sip05ma4 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi,

I applied on 12/05/2014

I am still waiting

Yesterday I send email to local MP to ask his help

Do you guys think we all should talk to our local MP about the issue of delay?

thanks,
Sip

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:06 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi Guys,

It looks like HO is randomly doing application from May, June, July all months together just to pretend there is no backlog

But I am certain there is a backlog

I think its too late too do this, but to save myself from any further frustration I have decided not to wait for the letter everyday or try to call HO ( just wait till 6 months is over )

I will just get on with what ever I am doing and will only report back if I receive the famous brown envelop

good luck all and thanks for all the help
Hi

I would suggest to call HO at least once.

I had submitted MN1 for my daughter using NCS on 9th May.

I waited and called them only once on 10th Sep morning around 11 am and was told that application is under consideration and I should expect the outcome in next 2 weeks.

Surprisingly, I got the certificate on 13th Sep with Certificate date of 10th Sep and Cover Letter dated 11th Sep. Somehow, I feel they may have pushed the application on the same day(I have read abt such cases where application been pushed immediately after receiving enquiry call). So, I would suggest to give a call to them at least once and hope for the best in next few days.

Thanks

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Hello everyone,

Rather unbelieveably after a long night of looking after our poorly son (who kept on waking up after every 5 mins) and keeping an eye on the results of the Scottish Referendum, my wife's naturalisation acceptance letter arrived this morning! We were so tired that we found it hard to even celebrate after waiting for close to 4 months.

I am beginning to believe in this conspiracy theory of ringing the HO once as I rang them on Tuesday and they said it's still 2-3 weeks away and VOILA the letter arrives 3 days later on Friday OR they are remarkably inefficient and uncommunicative and don't take any word they say with a pinch of anything so take your pick

The council has soured things by giving us a ceremony date after 6 weeks! Private ceremonies cost £200.

My advice, hang in there and it will eventually arrive.

Great reading your stories and see you in the passport timeline forum. All the best
rahim_dad wrote:Hello people,

I had pledged that I won't ring the HO to check my wife's application status till we are near the 6 month deadline but after seeing a few late May approvals come through, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore and rang them this morning.

It was about a 10 mins wait to speak to someone even though the average waiting time was announced to be 4 minutes. Anyways the customer services agent confirmed that they are looking at the applicaion but haven't made a decision yet but should expect to hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks (which can be taken with a pinch of salt). I did double check that he had the correct correspondence address for us as I didn't want to end up in a situation similar to one of our fellow applicants who had correspondence sent to their previous address.

Shaheen, you may add me in your next update to your wonderful tracker spreadsheet.

All the best everyone as I dread to think how long the next 2 steps (ceremony and passport are going to take at this rate)
rahim_dad wrote:Hello everyone,

My wife has applied for BC and here are the details:

Eligibility criteria: 2 yr + ILR (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Date of Debit of fees from bank account (used debit card): 02/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/06/2014 (letter dated 30/05/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 19/09/2014 (date on letter 11/09/2014)
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2014

We are concerned that the application is taking too long but are a little relieved that some of our other fellow applicants on this forum are also waiting for their approvals unfortunately

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Rather unbelieveably after a long night of looking after our poorly son (who kept on waking up after every 5 mins) and keeping an eye on the results of the Scottish Referendum, my wife's naturalisation acceptance letter arrived this morning! We were so tired that we found it hard to even celebrate after waiting for close to 4 months.

I am beginning to believe in this conspiracy theory of ringing the HO once as I rang them on Tuesday and they said it's still 2-3 weeks away and VOILA the letter arrives 3 days later on Friday OR they are remarkably inefficient and uncommunicative and don't take any word they say with a pinch of anything so take your pick

The council has soured things by giving us a ceremony date after 6 weeks! Private ceremonies cost £200.

Great reading your stories and see you in the passport timeline forum. All the best
rahim_dad wrote:Hello people,

I had pledged that I won't ring the HO to check my wife's application status till we are near the 6 month deadline but after seeing a few late May approvals come through, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore and rang them this morning.

It was about a 10 mins wait to speak to someone even though the average waiting time was announced to be 4 minutes. Anyways the customer services agent confirmed that they are looking at the applicaion but haven't made a decision yet but should expect to hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks (which can be taken with a pinch of salt). I did double check that he had the correct correspondence address for us as I didn't want to end up in a situation similar to one of our fellow applicants who had correspondence sent to their previous address.

Shaheen, you may add me in your next update to your wonderful tracker spreadsheet.

All the best everyone as I dread to think how long the next 2 steps (ceremony and passport are going to take at this rate)

My wife has applied for BC and here are the details:

Eligibility criteria: 2 yr + ILR (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Date of Debit of fees from bank account (used debit card): 02/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/06/2014 (letter dated 30/05/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 19/09/2014 (date on letter 11/09/2014)
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2014

We are concerned that the application is taking too long but are a little relieved that some of our other fellow applicants on this forum are also waiting for their approvals unfortunately

congratulation mate :)

Was the invitation letter in the same brown envelop? Or in a separate envelop?

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:45 pm

The invitation and the acceptance of Naturalisation are one and the same thing so to answer your question yes the invitation is on there but no date or time. It has details of our local council and their telephone number. There are also some details that are presented e.g. Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth etc which will be appear on the Naturalisation certificate for your information only.
[
quote="mhent"]

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:52 pm

rahim_dad wrote:The invitation and the acceptance of Naturalisation are one and the same thing so to answer your question yes the invitation is on there but no date or time. It has details of our local council and their telephone number. There are also some details that are presented e.g. Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth etc which will be appear on the Naturalisation certificate for your information only.
[
quote="mhent"]

I did not know that they are on the same sheet :) Thank you very much

mhent

Post by mhent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:53 pm

rahim_dad wrote:The invitation and the acceptance of Naturalisation are one and the same thing so to answer your question yes the invitation is on there but no date or time. It has details of our local council and their telephone number. There are also some details that are presented e.g. Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth etc which will be appear on the Naturalisation certificate for your information only.
[
quote="mhent"]

I did not know that they are on the same sheet :) Thank you very much

boyd
Newly Registered

Post by boyd » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 pm

boyd wrote: Eligibility criteria: 1.5 year student visa + 3 months IGS + 1 Year Work Permit + 4 years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS Certificate from 2005 + Life in The UK
Council name: Hammersmith & Fulham (London)
Date of application: 21/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 07/06/2014 (dated 03/06/2014)
Date approval received: 19/09/2014 (dated 09/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: to be booked
Passport Interview: Waiting
Passport Received: Waiting