ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application Is Points based calculator p

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajib11
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application Is Points based calculator p

Post by rajib11 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for British Citizenship and would like to know what to furnish as supporting documents for ‘English knowledge’ requirement. The form says for degrees obtained outside UK, I need to furnish a UK NARIC certificate to certify that it is equivalent or above the B1 level here. However, the website says that alternatively, I can furnish a points based calculator printout showing that I score the required 10 points for the English knowledge.

This (acceptance of points based calculator as an alternative to NARIC) is however not mentioned in the form.

Somebody who has recently successfully applied said they furnished points based calculator printouts only. A UK Based agency (who applies for British citizenship) also confirmed that I do not need a UK NARIC certificate.

However, I would like to get the opinion in this forum on this please. Anybody who have knowledge/experience, kindly share.

FYI, I am working in a US based multi-national, came here on Work Permit (General Category, Tier 2) and never required this ‘English knowledge’ test so far.

Thanks for your help!

19eggs

Re: British Citizenship Application Is Points based calculat

Post by 19eggs » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 am

I think it is straightforward.

If you have a degree from outside the UK, then it needs to confirmed by NARIC that your degree was taught in English.
If you a UK degree then you need to send the original certificate.
Or else sit for an approved English Language test. ILETS is one option.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language