ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help with definition of Irish associations

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

nataneu
Newly Registered

Please help with definition of Irish associations

Post by nataneu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:47 pm

I was naturalised by my naturalised parents on my behalf (as I was a minor at the time).

Currently I am studying in a university abroad and although I would love to go back to Ireland, it is very likely that I will have a higher chance of finding work abroad. I am aware that if a naturalised Irish citizen is a resident abroad for over 7 years, they must sign a "Declaration of Intention to Retain Irish Citizenship" on an annual basis. However, this form is only relevant for naturalised citizens who were NOT naturalised by Irish association or descent.

My question is whether this form is relevant to me? I read that those born to naturalised Irish citizens are naturalised through Irish association, but I was unable to find a clear statement for naturalised minors born before their parents' naturalisation.

Thanks a lot!

doesnotcompute

Re: Please help with definition of Irish associations

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Can you point us to a document or link that says this Declaration does not apply to people who applied on the basis of Irish associations?

nataneu
Newly Registered

Re: Please help with definition of Irish associations

Post by nataneu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:Can you point us to a document or link that says this Declaration does not apply to people who applied on the basis of Irish associations?
Here is the form:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%205 ... 02014).pdf

If the link doesn't work, it's Form 5 near the bottom: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

At the bottom of page 1 it states "THIS FORM IS ONLY FOR NATURALISED IRISH CITIZENS RESIDING ABROAD, WHO WERE NOT GRANTED
A CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION AS A PERSON OF IRISH DESCENT OR ASSOCIATIONS."