ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pat208
Newly Registered

urgent help please

Post by pat208 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:55 am

Hi everyone. I received approval for my naturalization application on 20/9/2014 letter dated 14/9/2014. The question is that since I am abroad now and the letter stated that the ceremony must be booked within 21 days. I tried to call the council to book the ceremony but the only date they have available is 30/9/2014. As I was planning to return around 15th of next month I could not book for this date. They dont have any later dates available now. Can someone please advise me what is the best option I have. Also what happens if you couldnot book the ceremony within 21 days? Please help I will appreciate your input. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: urgent help please

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 pm

you have to book the ceremony within 21 days but you don't have to ATTEND in that time. The ceremony must be attended within 90 days, so yes, you can book a date for when you are back in the UK next month.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:20 am

I think you can also book with any council. If you used NCS then ask them to forward them to your chosen Council.

You can also opt for a private ceremony, though it will cost you. Depending on councils, they will charge you between £80-£300.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:42 pm

[quote="19eggs"]f you used NCS then ask them to forward them to your chosen Council./quote]

The request to change ceremony council is done with the Home Office, not NCS. The council that has received your certificate will have to send it back to HO so that it can be resent. This can take awhile. It is quicker to travel to where you have been invited to attend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pat208
Newly Registered

Post by pat208 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you all for your replies. The problem in my situation is that the later dates are not available to book now. And i am worried that i may miss the 21 days deadline of booking the ceremony. Attending in 90 days will not be a problem as i will definitely be back much earlier than that. But since they only have dates for only upto one week in advance i have limited options now. So my query is, does it matter if the ceremony was booked after 21 days provided that the ceremony will be attended in 90 days time limit? Please advise me. Kind regards.

Ginza
Newly Registered

Post by Ginza » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:04 am

Why don't you go for a private ceremony? You will get more flexibility via this route..

Also you are saying that they don't have anything for the next three months.. Everything is booked already?? Or they just take reservations for the next two weeks only?