ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit via Surinder Singh Northern ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jenfm
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit via Surinder Singh Northern ireland

Post by jenfm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi all

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been successful using the Surinder Singh while living in Ireland with their NON EEA NATIONAL/BRITISH IRISH DUAL CITIZEN FROM NORTHERN IRELAND.

My husband is Australian and I have dual British and Irish citizenship-my 1st passport is British which is now expired and my current passport is Irish

my husband and I lived in Northern Ireland 1st and he had a 2 year UK spouse visa granted 2009,We then moved to Ireland for work opportunity's and had been there for 4 years,we had our first child there who is an Irish citizen,N and our children are staying at my parents in Northern Ireland while he works in Ireland,we are in the middle of applying for his EEA family permit via Surinder Singh route-- would the fact that I have dual citizenship make our application under surinder singh unsuccessful??????

please if you are in the same position or have been successful and if you or your partner are if from Northern Ireland,any advice would be helpful....Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family permit via Surinder Singh Northern ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:29 pm

jenfm wrote:Hi all

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been successful using the Surinder Singh while living in Ireland with their NON EEA NATIONAL/BRITISH IRISH DUAL CITIZEN FROM NORTHERN IRELAND.

My husband is Australian and I have dual British and Irish citizenship-my 1st passport is British which is now expired and my current passport is Irish

my husband and I lived in Northern Ireland 1st and he had a 2 year UK spouse visa granted 2009,We then moved to Ireland for work opportunity's and had been there for 4 years,we had our first child there who is an Irish citizen,N and our children are staying at my parents in Northern Ireland while he works in Ireland,we are in the middle of applying for his EEA family permit via Surinder Singh route-- would the fact that I have dual citizenship make our application under surinder singh unsuccessful??????

please if you are in the same position or have been successful and if you or your partner are if from Northern Ireland,any advice would be helpful....Thank you
There is some rule about NI citizens and SS, not being to avail themselves of the treaty right procedure automatically, but you appear to done that by working in Ireland, wait for others more knowledgeable....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm

You should be fine, there are currently "centre of life" rules as well, though it would seem you would have no issue proving centre of life. Take a look at the various stickies about surinder Singh and eea faqs, also take a look at my thread about dual Irish/uk and non eea.

I was/am in a very similar situation to you and was issued with a family permit and was told I will be issued a residence card shortly.

jenfm
Newly Registered

Post by jenfm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 pm

hi there

thanks for advice guys, is your partner dual Irish/British??? im wondering if ill have to get a new British passport or will birth certificate be ok,currently have an Irish passport or will i just send my expired British with my Irish and birth cert?? thanks

jenfm
Newly Registered

Post by jenfm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:42 pm

hi jbminger

I have just been reading your old posts---when you and your wife lived in Dublin,was she there on an Irish passport or her British passport?

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:20 pm

She was in Ireland on her Irish passport, so she didn't have any type of eu residence card.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 am