ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pithakos
Newly Registered

Re: April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by pithakos » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm

An unhappy update from me:

Received a brown envelope in the post last Friday, 19th Sept, stating that "We sent you a letter confirming that your application had been successful but it has now come to our attention that your application requires further checks therefore you will not be invited for a citizenship ceremony as your application is still in progress." etc etc and they hadn't even bothered to sign it. I was completely baffled and upset - I hadn't heard anything from them since the confirmation of receipt in early April and the weird false positive email I got in maybe June?

I rang up and they said that it was likely that the security checks they ran on my application when I first applied had expired - the application process has gone on so long that they went over the three month validity period for the security checks and will now have to run them again. I asked them how long those checks usually take and they said between 3/4 weeks and 2 months, which means that I will indeed be one of 5% of cases that goes over 6 months as I only have 2 weeks to go on the original 6 months.

I can't be the only one that this has happened to. I am absolutely gutted - my case was supposed to be totally straightforward. When I asked the woman who conducted my NCS appointment to wish me luck, she said "You don't need luck - I know this will get through easily!" Famous last words...

naypr
Newly Registered

Post by naypr » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 am

Called just now, again got same reply. "Still on going, they will let you know as soon as the decision is taken". Tomorrow it will be 5 months since i applied and not sure how much more time they need to take decision.. :? :o

CaptainChapondo
Newly Registered

Post by CaptainChapondo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Just to add to the numbers today is exactly five months, and i did not hear anything from them besides the confirmation of receipt. I honestly thought it was straight forward and would get reply in 3 months, anyway im still waiting.

Salmi
Newly Registered

Post by Salmi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi All,

I also applied first week of April and since then have not heard anything. Still waiting . I called today home office and got the same response in progress . I ask I am about to reach the 6 months in two weeks. My case is straight forward , I don't know why it is taking them so long to decide.

I just came across this website two weeks back and decided to post my story as well .

Salmi

Lordblessme
Newly Registered

Post by Lordblessme » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Guys!!

At last! At last! At last! :P

Finally the infamous brown envelope arrived. Good news too!

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years + 1 years ILR
Application mode: NCS
Application: 2 adults 1 child
Date of Submission: 11th April 2014
Date Received at UKBA: 14th April 2014
Acknowledgement letter received :30th April 2014
Date Payment taken: 30th April 2014
Date Approval Received: 24th September 2014 dated 15th September 2014
Date of Ceremony: 3rd October 2014

Thank you to all on this forum for helping me keep sane during the wait. All your posts have been a great help. Good luck to all who are waiting, it WILL surely come.

God Bless you all!!!

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Lordblessme wrote:Hi Guys!!

At last! At last! At last! :P

Finally the infamous brown envelope arrived. Good news too!

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years + 1 years ILR
Application mode: NCS
Application: 2 adults 1 child
Date of Submission: 11th April 2014
Date Received at UKBA: 14th April 2014
Acknowledgement letter received :30th April 2014
Date Payment taken: 30th April 2014
Date Approval Received: 24th September 2014 dated 15th September 2014
Date of Ceremony: 3rd October 2014

Thank you to all on this forum for helping me keep sane during the wait. All your posts have been a great help. Good luck to all who are waiting, it WILL surely come.

God Bless you all!!!
Congratulations mate! :) u can now claim ur black belt in patience ;)

vladmeer
Newly Registered

Post by vladmeer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Lordblessme

Congratulations on the good outcome! I have been following your posts and know how hard and agonising your wait was. I'm really happy you made it at last.

Vladmeer

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:27 pm

I was wondering if someone was still tracking applications using a spreadsheet, if so, could you kindly post that updated spreadsheet?

Many thanks

mabs123
Newly Registered

Post by mabs123 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:31 am

Hello everyone am nèw here and in the same situation as everyone here. I applied for naturalisation end of may 2014 and am still waiting. :( :cry:

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Every One
I am still waiting
Six months next week
Any one else going through the same menace

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:23 am

Hi Sangram

I'm waiting from the 2nd April. The 6 months is up on the 7th October, I have written to my local MP, on Monday, but still no reply yet!
Frustrating hey?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 pm

If your time frame is more than 6 months, best way forward is Complaints procedure; Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am

I have a confusion about when the six-month maximum period for my application becomes due as I have not received a proper acknowledgement letter from the HO. The HO officer told me that my application is still in progress and my application max time will be due on 22/10/2014 especially 22/04/2014 was BANK HOLIDAY. The fees were deducted from my bank account on 30/04/2014.

When I talked the HO officer about the result of the application, he said that I will receive an answer in a few weeks and when I asked mockingly "weeks" not "months", he gave me a generic answer "hopefully weeks"!!!.

slington
Newly Registered

Post by slington » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:04 pm

:D :D :D hi all I am pleased to tell everyone that I just got my brown now and it is good news. i have been invited for a ceremony. I am soooooooo happy. Glory to God. I wish you all good luck as well. I must say that this forum has been helpful during the waiting period. please keep it up

dsr87
Newly Registered

Post by dsr87 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Rang home office and told that they have made a decision, but they can't tell me what the decision is yet! It has been sent out 2nd class and should be with me tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed!!!! :shock:

dsr87
Newly Registered

Post by dsr87 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:35 pm

YESSSSS! After 5 months and 23 days I finally got the good news I was looking for! Good luck everyone! :D

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Friends
Still waiting.
Six months tomorrow
????????

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 pm

sangram wrote:Hi Friends
Still waiting.
Six months tomorrow
????????
Same here. Tomorrow Six Months..... still no answer

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:42 am

So the 6 months is up today and still no decision has been made.
Feeling disheartend, what can we do?

ARIFUR81
Newly Registered

Post by ARIFUR81 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 am

Same here called HO on 3rd October respond was still in progress when told them it has gone pass 6months they advised me to write or email to them which i did on friday and got a standrad reply saying we will deal with your request within 20working days

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:20 am

email your local MP, they can send an email to HO and usually that can expedite the case

as this has gone over there promised service level
ARIFUR81 wrote:Same here called HO on 3rd October respond was still in progress when told them it has gone pass 6months they advised me to write or email to them which i did on friday and got a standrad reply saying we will deal with your request within 20working days

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 am

Six months today
Got a standard robotic reply again.
The gentleman refused to comment about how long it could take them to decide.He said "you will get our decision in the form of a letter in the post",but only God knows when.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:24 am

anyone who has gone over the 6 month window should write to their local MP, as they can contact UKBA to ask why its taking so long

( as UKBA should contact you before the 6 months expiry and explain why there is a delay, doing nothing and keeping you in the dark after 6 months is not the correct procedure and MP can ask for reasons)

to find your local MP check this link below

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:03 pm

do we need to explain to the MP how to contact the HO and what the procedure for naturalization is?
i guess none has a sample MP email? :lol:

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 pm

juansmith007 wrote:do we need to explain to the MP how to contact the HO and what the procedure for naturalization is?
i guess none has a sample MP email? :lol:
How about this?
(i used a draft i found in the forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96412.html )

Mark Sedwill
Permanent Secretary
Home Office
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

CC: My MP

Date

Dear Mr Sedwill

Home Office Ref: XXXXXXXX

I am writing to complain about the time the Home Office has taken to process my naturalization as a British citizen application.

My application was received by the Home Office on XXXXXX and after the acknowledgment letter dated XXXXXX I have not heard back from the Home Office regarding my application. This has been longer than 6 month, which is your standard service processing time.

I have been in touch with your contact center, phone number 0300 XXXXXX, but they have not been able to give me any information as to why the application has not been processed yet. I would appreciate an explanation why the Home Office has not responded within
the 6 month period.

I accept some applications are more complicated than others but I do not think that this is the case, as my application should be a simple, straightforward application.

All applicants have a right to be treated in a fair, considerate and timely manner which the Home Office is clearly failing to do at present. Why is it taking up to six months to complete applications that in many other cases take much less? What steps are being taken to improve the standards of service? Is it acceptable to use minimum standards as targets?

I am copying this letter of complaint to my Member Of Parliament.

I await your response with interest!

Yours sincerely,

juansmith007