ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DB12

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by DB12 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33 am

Dear All,

i have received approval of my Naturalization Application and i have booked ceremony on 15th. just a quick question can i apply for British passport same day. will i receive citizenship certificate same day.

sorry for asking this question on this page.

thanks for your help.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:03 am

DB12 wrote:Dear All,

i have received approval of my Naturalization Application and i have booked ceremony on 15th. just a quick question can i apply for British passport same day. will i receive citizenship certificate same day.

thanks for your help.
Congratulations, you will receive ur naturalisation certificate right after the ceremony and u can apply For passport straight away with ur certificate.

DB12

Post by DB12 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:09 am

Rahel1984 wrote:

thanks for your help.
Congratulations, you will receive ur naturalisation certificate right after the ceremony and u can apply For passport straight away with ur certificate.

Thank Rahel1984,

your reply is much appreciated.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:10 am

Rahel1984 wrote:

thanks for your help.
When did u apply?

DB12

Post by DB12 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:28 am

Rahel1984 wrote:
Rahel1984 wrote:

thanks for your help.
When did u apply?
my timeline is as below
DB12 wrote:Application Timeline - Joint Application
Eligibility criteria: 10yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of application and supporting document posting via special delivery: 25 June 14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26-06-14
Date of debit of fees (GBP 906 X2 ): 01/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 03/07/2014 dated 02/07/2014
Date of receipt of approval: 02.10.14 dated 27.09.14
Date of Ceremony: 15.10.14

boone

Post by boone » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:09 pm

[quote="boone"][quote="boone"][quote="boone"]Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Ancestral plus 1 year 2 months ILR
Method of application: NCS (Hampshire)
Current nationality: South African
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 18/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 29/05/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Congratulations to all those who have received their approval.

Unfortunately I have been waiting since the end of May being 132 days all together. I have contacted the Home Office on several occasions and keep getting told that the application is still in progress.

Upon reading quite a few posts I see that there are loads of applications all being approved after my date, is this dependant on the route taken for naturalisation? Or does the Home Office randomly pick up any application?

Is there anyone else in a similar situation i.e. those who are still waiting May/June 2014?

xeel

Post by xeel » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 pm

so my wife received her invitation atleast 2 weeks ago - however this is the email response I just received this morning:

Thank you for your email.

Please refer to our email of 22nd August’14 advising you that applications such as yours require a minimum of six months processing time. Unfortunately, I do not have anymore information for you but to ask you to be patient.

Thanking you for your co-operation.

so they probably don't even check the status of your application - lazy people.

terreis
Newly Registered

Post by terreis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:41 am

I applied on 2 June and am yet to hear anything. @Boone, I think you are absolutely right, and applications are processed in am entirely random order. This is very disappointing, since if there was one thing I thought the British were known for, that was their ability to queue! The fact that I'm seeing so many late June and July applicants having received their approvals just makes me think that some less-than-competent HO employee has just chucked my application (as well as those of other people like me) into a bin. Not before taking our money, though, of course!! :(

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:15 am

I applied on the 13 of june..got a knowledgement letter after 2 wks..till now am waiting for approval. .will call themm in 2 wks time..Congrats to those who are waiting ..Be blessed. .

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:15 am

Hi guys.

Eligibility criteria: LLR (Refugee Status) 5yrs + 1 year ILR
Language + UK knowledge criteria met: LIUK + ESOL Entry 3 (speaking and listening).
Method of application: NCS (Croydon)
Date of application: 30/04/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/05/2014
Clearance of fees: 09/05/2014
Date of acknowledgment: received 15/05/2014 (Dated 12/05/2014)
Date approval on letter: waiting
Date of ceremony:waiting
Days from receipt: 5 months and 8 days (161 days).

Update sought:
1 - Sent them an email yesterday, to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Got an automated reply from them "Thank you for your email to the Further Nationality Enquiries mailbox. Our service standard for responding to your email is 20 working days. Every effort will be made to deal with your enquiry within this timescale and we respectfully request that you do not chase your enquiry within this time."

2 - Rang them today (on 0300 123 2253) and was told still in progress, that the six months haven't passed yet ( well, almost!).

I wonder why it's taking so long for my approval...
Previous posts seem to show the status of many applications made in May 2014 is on-going/ under consideration. Let me speculate a bit here. I wonder if this has anything to do with the passport service backlog that was before summer holiday this year. I remember reading newspaper reports saying that quick processing of naturalisation might have caused the blacklong at Her Majesty's Passport Service (now defunct and is under HO). One report said that there have been 200000 approved citizenship applications last year alone (no source provided in the article). But interestingly, it said that staff from other departments were drafted in to clear the blacklog at the passport service (and were paid an exorbitant amount for overtime). Now, where could they be drafted in from? Nationality Team? Nah. All this is mere conjecture and can't be, because how would one explain other applications that were made after May and yet got processed? Don't know and getting a bit anxious and frustrated now.

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:59 am

Hi Guru's
I will be applying for naturalisation(UK) in a few days time, but I have a few questions to ask.

1.I have done my IELTS english test(I have an average of 5.5 on all the four sections required-speaking -listening-writing and the other).
2.The life in UK certificate I hold is the very one I used,when applying for indefinate leave to remain--now over a year.
Questions--What validity do you need on the above documents,when making this application ??
Do we pay the application fee and ceremony fee all at once ??
Do I need to send anything related to a points based calculator ??,I have seen this mentioned a number of times on this Great Forum

Any one with relevant advice can post-----Thank you

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 am

kadd wrote:Hi Guru's
I will be applying for naturalisation(UK) in a few days time, but I have a few questions to ask.

1.I have done my IELTS english test(I have an average of 5.5 on all the four sections required-speaking -listening-writing and the other).
2.The life in UK certificate I hold is the very one I used,when applying for indefinate leave to remain--now over a year.
Questions--What validity do you need on the above documents,when making this application ??
Do we pay the application fee and ceremony fee all at once ??
Do I need to send anything related to a points based calculator ??,I have seen this mentioned a number of times on this Great Forum

Any one with relevant advice can post-----Thank you

" Life in the UK Test Certificate does not have a VALIDITY DATE , so it does not matter if you have passed it over a year or five years ago.
Secondly, You pay the application fee which currently is £906.00 all at once and it includes the ceremony fee. You dont need to send anything related to a ponts based calculator because the test in English language which have just done does not require you include that.
Good luck"
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

smshad

Post by smshad » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. I did not call HO neither I emailed them because I receive my approval in good time.
Looking at the average time for last few months on this forum and from many who I know personally, I guessed the time period correctly. I would say 4-4.5 months is max time.
z18runway wrote: i gave you home office number and email id to contact, did you tried called them, if yes please do let me know which number is exist.

Navin
Newly Registered

Post by Navin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Guys,
I am a new member in this site as i have no idea, how the system work aroundhere.
Anyways, i Applied for a Naturalisation On April as its been 6 months already and i still havent got any news from the HQ.
I call the Department and all i could get was wait another 1 months.At this moment i have no idea what do do. Could anyone help me ?

boone

Post by boone » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:47 am

If it has been 6 months or more then that is unacceptable. I have had a brief look and found this response from a similar case in where you are able to request the status of your application. Have a look….https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... tion_statu

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Approval received.

Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier 1 + ILR
Language criteria met: Degree certificate, uni letter plus NARIC SoC
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 19 May 2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 02 June 2014 (Dated 28 May 2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 28 May 2014
Date approval received: 10/10/2014 (Dated 30 Sept 2014)
Date of ceremony: 21 Oct 2014

Navin
Newly Registered

Post by Navin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:00 pm

boone wrote:If it has been 6 months or more then that is unacceptable. I have had a brief look and found this response from a similar case in where you are able to request the status of your application. Have a look….https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... tion_statu

Tq for the reply . :?

julyilr
Newly Registered

Post by julyilr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:17 pm

julyilr wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 General + 1 years ILR
Language criteria met: UK university degree
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 04/07/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Dated 15/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: received (Dated 15/07/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/07/2014
Date approval received: 10/10/2014 (Dated: 04/10/2014)
Date of ceremony: TBC
Atlast I have received it....
I have called council to book an citizenship ceremony and the earliest available date is 10th December :oops:
Dont know what to do now.... I thought I will book my ceremony early and apply for passport as I need to travel for long duration..

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:11 pm

julyilr wrote:
I have called council to book an citizenship ceremony and the earliest available date is 10th December :oops:
Dont know what to do now.... I thought I will book my ceremony early and apply for passport as I need to travel for long duration..

Congratulations..... Book a private ceremonies if you can't wait :D
*please do not take this as professional advice**

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

julyilr wrote:
You can do a private ceremony if u need the passport urgently

oli_ro
Newly Registered

Post by oli_ro » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Guys,

I have applied on the 15.07.2014 and today I have received the famous(maybe infamous) 2nd class envelope containing the Citizenship Invitation Application.

It was dated on the 06.10.2014.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting !

tanz.88
Newly Registered

Post by tanz.88 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:26 pm

[quote="tanz.88"]Eligibility criteria: 3 yr + ILR (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS Wokingham
Date of application: 03/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not known
Date of debit of fees: 14/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21/07/2014 (Letter is dated 11/07/2014, but got to me on 21/07/2014 with incorrect name spellings)
Date of receipt of approval: 26/09/2014
Date of Ceremony: 14/11/2014

ukelvin
Newly Registered

Post by ukelvin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:54 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of B
Method of application: NCS (Tower Hamlet)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/07/14
Date of debit of fees: 16/07/14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/07/14
Date of receipt of approval: 10/10/14
Date of Ceremony: will book next Monday...

Sanjit001
Newly Registered

Post by Sanjit001 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi - i have applied on 01 Jul 14 from NCS -Leeds and I received my invitation letter on 11 Oct 14. :)

Good luck for those waiting...

Urwelcome1
Newly Registered

Post by Urwelcome1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 1yr ILR; 3yr spouse of BC.
Method of application: NCS (Hackney London).
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19 July 2014
Date of debit of fees: 20 July 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27 July 2014
Date of receipt of approval: 10 October 2014 (Letter dated the 30 September).10 days post delay :shock: !
Date of Ceremony: 17 October 2014

Important:
I have called, the 1st of October, the Home Office to check on the progress of my application and they replied as usual that the application is process when it was already approved as the letter of Approval I received was dated the 30th of September!!
My advice is that you just save your money calling the Home Office as I believe that they EITHER don't have the complete access to the applications to see in real the time the stage, OR they have all the access but they are just instructed but the management not to share any information and to use the same speech of "... application in process and it can take up to 6 months".

Another thing is the Ceremony schedule.
When I received the approval letter, I called straight away the phone number on the approval letter to schedule the ceremony. When I called them the first time (as I called twice), the first person explained that there is an invitation letter that was posted to me with the date of Ceremony and that I have to wait for it... as this person was not convincing I called a second time and a lady took my personal details and looked up on the system the date: it was scheduled for 7th of November!! I asked the lady if I can reschedule it for an earlier date, she checked if there is any availability (same system as when calling our doctor surgeries) and I was lucky that the 17 of October was free! 2 days after this call I received the Ceremony letter by post.

I hope this is helpful and wishing you all the best luck!!