ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Test - First name shows as last name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuliprose
Member of Standing

LIUK Test - First name shows as last name

Post by tuliprose » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:26 am

Hi,

My wife appeared for her Life in UK Test last week and passed the test. The pass certificate shows her first name as last name and last name as first name.

This might be a mistake from our side while doing registration.

Will this be acceptable to Home Office for her SET(M) application? We are going to apply at PEO Croydon soon.

I'll really appreciate your responses.

Many Thanks.

Malik44

Re: LIUK Test - First name shows as last name

Post by Malik44 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:26 am

Did LIUK test centre supervisor checked your wife ID before exam?
Speak to centre if they can give you a supporting letter explaing this mistake. And also read this thread it might help.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 21-20.html

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:07 am

tuliprose wrote:Hi,

My wife appeared for her Life in UK Test last week and passed the test. The pass certificate shows her first name as last name and last name as first name.

This might be a mistake from our side while doing registration.

Will this be acceptable to Home Office for her SET(M) application? We are going to apply at PEO Croydon soon.

I'll really appreciate your responses.

Many Thanks.
Hi
logon the liuk test booking website, check your wife's details if their correct or not .I guess the test centre should not have accepted it if you put wrong details when you signed up. Talk to the test centre if they kindly issue a new letter under the correct name.if not, I would correct my details and take the test again and to be honest , nobody could know whether a life in uk letter under incorrect name will be accepted by the home office or not so I would not risk it. Retake the test if you have enough time. When I signed up I did put my name and surname the other way round but corrected the mistake after I got their confirmation email. This sort of mistake can be easily done.
good luck

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I spoke to test centre and they were not able to change any details as these were given by us.

I spoke to Life in UK Test Helpline and told me that its very common mistake candidates make and advised me to write a covering letter and visa application and explain. They told me that Home Office does not have any issues with this.

I hope all goes well.

Thanks.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi. If its about 1st and surname problem then dont worry.

My Pakistani passport was lost and the new passport came with name error as they made my surname as 1st name and viceversa. I applied visa twice never had any issue. Even in my LiUk has name in different order.

As far as your biometric is in order, they know who you are

Needhelp2014
BANNED

Post by Needhelp2014 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 pm

I pass the Life in Uk Test but instead of my name on the pass notification they put my surname as my name and my name as my surname. EG

Sarah Peter ( name in my passport)

Surname: Sarah
Name; Peter

I contacted the test centre and say there is not an issue here. As they have put a electronic note on their system for the home office.

Is this happened to anyone else