ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green card - a question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SongeBoB
Newly Registered

Green card - a question

Post by SongeBoB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:47 am

Hi

I work for a large IT company that is registered in Ireland, however I am based in South Africa. I have recently worked on a short term project in our Irish offices and subsequently got offered a permanent position with full sponsorship from my company, I have accepted the offer which is above the 60K EURO threshold, I am due to start in Dublin during the month of October according to my contract. I have many years of experience in my field of expertise, but don't have a degree I have (currently busy - part time) I do have professional certifications.

Will this effect my green card application negatively if I have a everything in place but the degree?

best regards

thepiratequeen

Re: Green card - a question

Post by thepiratequeen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 am

I don't believe so. The company should do all the work, and pay the fee. This shouldn't take too long either, as there is not the usual posting in newspapers, what was the FAS site etc. Good luck.

SongeBoB
Newly Registered

Post by SongeBoB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 am

Thanks for the response PQ, I really hope this goes through I really fell in love with the place :D

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:39 am

On the application for a green card it asks the employer what are the credential for the prospective non eea employee.

http://www.djei.ie/publications/labour/ ... ay2014.pdf - page 3 it asks for the university details and overall mark.

SongeBoB
Newly Registered

Post by SongeBoB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:06 am

Yana31 wrote:On the application for a green card it asks the employer what are the credential for the prospective non eea employee.

http://www.djei.ie/publications/labour/ ... ay2014.pdf - page 3 it asks for the university details and overall mark.
Yeah I noticed I have a senior certificate and have listed all the details as per page 3...

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:24 am

well then you might just be ok.

SongeBoB
Newly Registered

Post by SongeBoB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:04 pm

Hey All, fantastic news we got the green card approved and it only took nine days to process and we're on our way! :D 8) :D

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:50 pm

How long did it take for you to receive your green card in the post? I've been waiting a week and I'm in NYC! This waiting game for a visa has been horrible for me. Nearly 4 weeks since it was applied for and still do not have it in my hands :(

denisaric
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by denisaric » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 am

Same here. I ve been waiting for 6 weeks now. No news so far. Someone said that the process time is between 4-6-max 8 weeks

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah, this is ridiculous!! You hear other people have it done and in their hands in less than 2 weeks!!! Must be nice. My employer said he got a copy or the permit a week ago from today, so why is it not in my hands a week later. I'm only in NYC. Is it normal for it to take over a week to arrive? I have a flight next week and this waiting thing is driving me insane!!