ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Aryan2013 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:26 pm

juansmith007 wrote: How about this?
(i used a draft i found in the forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96412.html )

Mark Sedwill
Permanent Secretary
Home Office
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

CC: My MP

Date

Dear Mr Sedwill

Home Office Ref: XXXXXXXX

I am writing to complain about the time the Home Office has taken to process my naturalization as a British citizen application.

My application was received by the Home Office on XXXXXX and after the acknowledgment letter dated XXXXXX I have not heard back from the Home Office regarding my application. This has been longer than 6 month, which is your standard service processing time.

I have been in touch with your contact center, phone number 0300 XXXXXX, but they have not been able to give me any information as to why the application has not been processed yet. I would appreciate an explanation why the Home Office has not responded within
the 6 month period.

I accept some applications are more complicated than others but I do not think that this is the case, as my application should be a simple, straightforward application.

All applicants have a right to be treated in a fair, considerate and timely manner which the Home Office is clearly failing to do at present. Why is it taking up to six months to complete applications that in many other cases take much less? What steps are being taken to improve the standards of service? Is it acceptable to use minimum standards as targets?

I am copying this letter of complaint to my Member Of Parliament.

I await your response with interest!

Yours sincerely,

juansmith007
I think its spot on, please send to these guys as well.

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Also, I think you should mention that people who applied after you i.e in may, june, july, august are receiving their approval which goes on to show that HO, clearly, is not following their own guideline of first come first serve.

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:
(i used a draft i found in the forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96412.html )

Mark Sedwill
Permanent Secretary
Home Office
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Date

Dear Mr Sedwill

I am writing to complain about the time the Home Office has taken to process my naturalization as a British citizen application.

My application was received by the Home Office on XXXXXX and after the acknowledgment letter dated XXXXXX I have not heard back from the Home Office regarding my application. This has been longer than 6 month, which is your standard service processing time.

I have been in touch with your contact center, phone number 0300 XXXXXX, but they have not been able to give me any information as to why the application has not been processed yet. I would appreciate an explanation why the Home Office has not responded within
the 6 month period.

I accept some applications are more complicated than others but I do not think that this is the case, as my application should be a simple, straightforward application.

All applicants have a right to be treated in a fair, considerate and timely manner which the Home Office is clearly failing to do at present. Why is it taking up to six months to complete applications that in many other cases take much less? What steps are being taken to improve the standards of service? Is it acceptable to use minimum standards as targets?

Yours sincerely,

juansmith007

Address:
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Also, I think you should mention that people who applied after you i.e in may, june, july, august are receiving their approval which goes on to show that HO, clearly, is not following their own guideline of first come first serve.
Thanks Aryan2013.
good point your comment about people applying after me, I'll add that and send to the Complaints Allocation Hub address as well.

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm

juansmith007 wrote:
Aryan2013 wrote:

Mark Sedwill
Permanent Secretary
Home Office
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Date

Dear Mr Sedwill

the 6 month period.

Yours sincerely,

juansmith007

Address:
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Thanks Aryan2013.
good point your comment about people applying after me, I'll add that and send to the Complaints Allocation Hub address as well.
I called the 0300 number today, just in case they told me a decision had been made before sending the letter, and insisted on getting more detail ... the person from the help center told me to wait a few more weeks for a decision to arrive in the post, then I insisted a little bit more... then she told me to write a postal letter to some random address, but then insisted a bit more... I asked for a call back from the caseworker but she said the caseworker was in another building and could not call me, but then I insisted a little bit more... finally she said the caseworker could not call me but that someone would get in touch in 48 hours on my cell phone to give me a bit more information as to why a decision had not been made yet....

I think I will wait for 48 hours before sending the letter to the Home Office complaints + MP

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 am

Phoned home office
Got automated style answer
Lady said"after six months there is no time frame,weeks months or years"
Pretty straight forward application
Surprising ?

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:33 am

I've written to my local MP who said he will write to the Home Office right away! Awaiting his response....

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:59 am

juansmith007 wrote:
juansmith007 wrote:
Aryan2013 wrote: How about this?

Mark Sedwill
Permanent Secretary
Home Office
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Date

Dear Mr Sedwill

the 6 month period.

Yours sincerely,

juansmith007

Address:
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Thanks Aryan2013.
I called the 0300 number today, just in case they told me a decision had been made before sending the letter, and insisted on getting more detail ... the person from the help center told me to wait a few more weeks for a decision to arrive in the post, then I insisted a little bit more... then she told me to write a postal letter to some random address, but then insisted a bit more... I asked for a call back from the caseworker but she said the caseworker was in another building and could not call me, but then I insisted a little bit more... finally she said the caseworker could not call me but that someone would get in touch in 48 hours on my cell phone to give me a bit more information as to why a decision had not been made yet....

I think I will wait for 48 hours before sending the letter to the Home Office complaints + MP
These guys are a joke. They told me I'd get a call back in 48 hours but I did not, so I called again the 0300 number and the person who I spoke to said that no one had ever logged a call back request and that why would I want another call back given that I was already speaking to him? after 'arguing' with the person on the 0300 number the only solution I was given was to send a postal letter to the Home Office.

That was a big waste of time. Maybe the MP route is the only one that might get a response?!

Eea citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Eea citizen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi,

After 6 months and 2 week recieved the approval letter for my BC application.

I wrote them the letter, just when 6 months have passed. I believe its better to write them then calling.
the application was may be untouched there for 6 months.

This forum is really good.

Good luck to everyone.

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:30 am

Eea citizen wrote:Hi,

After 6 months and 2 week recieved the approval letter for my BC application.

I wrote them the letter, just when 6 months have passed. I believe its better to write them then calling.
the application was may be untouched there for 6 months.

This forum is really good.

Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations Eea citizen!

what postal address did you send your letter to?

Eea citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Eea citizen » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 am

Cheers Juan,

to Croydon, complains hub, address is here above.

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Eea citizen wrote:Cheers Juan,

to Croydon, complains hub, address is here above.
Thanks for your quick answer. and congrats again!

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 pm

I am looking for a solution to the problem which the Checking Services officer at Kensington & Chelsea got me involved in.
As the due date of my UK citizenship application is 17/04/2004, I booked an appointment at the checking services on 08/04/2014 and the officer in question told me to get a B1 certificate instead of my UK University degree due to the fact that my surname did not appear in the certificate and my University, City University-London, refused to add my surname as I graduated as I graduated in 2007 and no longer a student.

I took a B1 test and managed to hand the B1 certificate on 25/04/2014 due to the fact that the Certificate only issued after one week from having the test. I did not find the officer whom I met earlier as he was on annual leave. One of his colleague copied the original document and sent it to the Home Office. later, I have not received an acknowledgement letter from the Home though they took the money from my account on 30/04/2014. Therefore I could not recognize the date on which the Home Office received my application.

Following five months, I called the Home Office, asking about an update on my application, a male duty officer gave me a generic reply that the application is still under consideration. I asked him about the time when the application passes six-month, he answered on 22/10/2014. At this point, I started to have a strong doubt that B1 could be missing from my application. I called the Home Office to check this missing document, a female duty officer did not believe what I said. When I asked her whether the B1 Certificate was received later by the Home Office, she said that that system did not show anything missing in my application.

I called the Checking service officer and told him about this information and he asked me to write the details of my case in an email as he was out of the office. Next day, the officer called me, asking me to bring my original B1 Certificate as he called the Home officer and learned that it is missing from the application. I handed him a copy and asked for the registered royal mail tracking number. next working day, I tracked the number and found that the Home Office received the post. Next week, I called the Checking Services officer to check whether the Home Office added up the missing document to my application. on the same day later, he called me and confirmed that the missing document was added up to my application.

Today,the six-month waiting is due and I have not received anything from the Home Office about about my application!!!!!!!!!
I do not know what to do and how to make the Home Office at least touch the application which is so far left gathering dust !!!!!!

I called the

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Am I the only one, who is still waiting for the brown envelope after six and a half months

ARIFUR81
Newly Registered

Post by ARIFUR81 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 pm

sangram wrote:Am I the only one, who is still waiting for the brown envelope after six and a half months
Count me in aswell, emailed my MP on Monday and he said he will email HO, still no news from my MP

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

Also waiting, waiting on a reply from my MP also, he's written to the home office but they've had no response yet!
What to do?

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Me too, still waiting....... will we ever get an answer???

guesttt
Newly Registered

Post by guesttt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Same here. 6 months next week.

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:10 pm

As my six-month waiting time was due on 22/10/2014, I called the Home Office on 23/10/2014 and the duty officer told me the naturalization team are undertaking external checks on my application. When asked when I can get a result, he replied it is only one day after six months and the results will be sent in a few weeks.

Imagine, he is saying that's only one day after six weeks!!as if six-month period were not enough to finish an application!!!!!!!!!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:38 pm

He's bullshitting you tbh.
The staff at contact centre do not know what's actually happening with the application. The only information they have available is whether a letter sent out to you or not. They don't even know what's in the letter too.
Best to write to them & your MP and if you want to call, ask them to book you a call back from the caseworker.

ahmedmaliki wrote:As my six-month waiting time was due on 22/10/2014, I called the Home Office on 23/10/2014 and the duty officer told me the naturalization team are undertaking external checks on my application. When asked when I can get a result, he replied it is only one day after six months and the results will be sent in a few weeks.

Imagine, he is saying that's only one day after six weeks!!as if six-month period were not enough to finish an application!!!!!!!!!
Goodluck.

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 pm

I called the Call Centre today and the same standard answer. When I asked how to ask for further information, the officer answered that I should write to
Department 1,
UK Visas and Immigration
Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpol L3 9PP

However, I do not know whether they will answer about the reasons for the late processing of my application ans whether it is really handled by a caseworker. I do not believe they will lay the blame on themselves. it is really puzzling and there is no way how to sort this problem out!!!!!!!!!!!

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm

This is what AN form guidance say.
7: AND FINALLY
We hope that this guide has helped you to prepare and successfully apply for British
citizenship. If you have found it useful and our staff helpful, or if you had an enjoyable
citizenship ceremony, or if you have found our service unsatisfactory or do not
understand the outcome, why not tell us? You should email us in the first instance to:
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
If you remain unhappy with the service provided by Nationality Group, you may wish to
complain by writing to:
UKVI
Box 99
Manchester Airport
M90 3WW

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... N_v1_0.pdf

emfrench
Newly Registered

Post by emfrench » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Marie1981 and all,
Just wondering if you are all EEA nationals without Residence card? If so, there seems to be a large backlog of applications for EEA Nationals without ILR, gathering information from other forums...
I applied in June so I don't expect my answer anytime soon...
So frustrating !
Marie1981 wrote:Also waiting, waiting on a reply from my MP also, he's written to the home office but they've had no response yet!
What to do?

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:51 am

GOOD NEWS
Finally got the approval letter as well as the invitation for ceremony from Manchester council (5th of November) today
Thanks every one on this great forum

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Congratulation Sangram, in this form we didn't know each other :D . But our problem is same :D
Yes after time up 6 month.......its really big relief.

When did apply Sangram? Did write to HO/MP? Plz let us know
sangram wrote:GOOD NEWS
Finally got the approval letter as well as the invitation for ceremony from Manchester council (5th of November) today
Thanks every one on this great forum

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Applied 7th of April
Wrote to MP but not very sure whether it helped.
Surprisingly the letter is dated 26th of October a Sunday

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:50 am

Thanks, its nearly 7 month :shock:
if don't mind which national you are sangram india?
sangram wrote:Applied 7th of April
Wrote to MP but not very sure whether it helped.
Surprisingly the letter is dated 26th of October a Sunday