ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone else submit my forms via Check & Send?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LivingWithMuppetje
Newly Registered

Can someone else submit my forms via Check & Send?

Post by LivingWithMuppetje » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:48 am

Hi there,

I will soon become a citizen and want to start my British passport application process as soon as possible. I'm currently living outside of the UK and after reading only negative reviews regarding the online passport application process, I'm exploring possible ways to use the Check & Send method instead. It seems quicker and more reliable. So basically, can I mail all of the required documents to family members in the UK and have them submit the form for me? I understand I will need to do an in person interview. I will be in England in early December and would plan for the interview for that time period.

I need the passport as quickly as possible in order to return to the country I am currently staying due to visa constraints on my existing passport.

Has anyone tried this method?

Thanks!

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Can someone else submit my forms via Check & Send?

Post by go2khurram » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Don't think some one else can do this for you unless you are a child and your guardian is submitting application for you. But worth asking post office on 0345 611 2970.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:38 pm

For UK based BP application, you'll also need to send you current passport. As you are currently staying outside UK and plan to return for Interview - this option may not be possible.

Also for completeness of information please post all your queries within a single thread.
LivingWithMuppetje wrote:Hello,

I'm a dual citizen of the UK and the USA. I have a USA passport, but no UK passport. I have a UK citizenship certificate, but no UK passport (soon to be in process). I currently reside in the EU.

My visa for the Schengen Zone on my US passport expires soon. However, as a UK citizen, I have the right to work and live in the EU.

Am I legally allowed to stay in the EU?

Thanks!
Yes you are legally allowed to stay in the EU.

LivingWithMuppetje
Newly Registered

Post by LivingWithMuppetje » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:56 am

Thanks for your help. Perhaps you can help with a follow up question.

My concern is with my expiring Schengen visa on my US passport. Do you have a recommended way of ensuring that the government knows/confirms that my visa on my US passport is legally closed (showing that I'm not overstaying my 90 day limit) and that I'm going to continue residing in EU (The Netherlands, in this case) as a UK citizen?

Thanks,
Lawrence

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:57 am

I'm not sure it would matter overly much, but maybe the safe bet in that case would be to exit Schengen one final time on your American passport, and then re-enter it on your British one.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:10 am

LivingWithMuppetje wrote:Thanks for your help. Perhaps you can help with a follow up question.

My concern is with my expiring Schengen visa on my US passport. Do you have a recommended way of ensuring that the government knows/confirms that my visa on my US passport is legally closed (showing that I'm not overstaying my 90 day limit) and that I'm going to continue residing in EU (The Netherlands, in this case) as a UK citizen?

Thanks,
Lawrence
Your Schengen visa became invalid the moment you acquired UK citizenship. If you got that visa after having UK citizenship, then you could have only gotten it by not mentioning your UK citizenship, which invalidated it anyway.

LivingWithMuppetje
Newly Registered

Post by LivingWithMuppetje » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
LivingWithMuppetje wrote:Thanks for your help. Perhaps you can help with a follow up question.

Thanks,
Lawrence
Your Schengen visa became invalid the moment you acquired UK citizenship. If you got that visa after having UK citizenship, then you could have only gotten it by not mentioning your UK citizenship, which invalidated it anyway.
Do you have any resources or link to immigration policies that can verify this? It sounds reasonable and logical, but I'm afraid that might not be enough if I get to the border and am confronted with an uninformed employee