ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdik1980

British Citizenship - Questions

Post by abdik1980 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Please any guru reply to my following questions. It will be of great help:

1- When me and my wife can apply for British Citizenship. Can she apply British Citizenship with me at the same time? Please check timeline:

-My first Entry to UK on Tier 1 Visa (6 March , 2009)
-Got Married in (May, 2011)
-Wife arrived in UK on Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Living Together from 21st July, 2011 -
-Both got ILR on (13th Jan, 2014)

Please let me know, can we both apply British Citizenship on 13th Jan 2015? or I will first apply citizenship on 13th Jan, 2015 and If my application is successful then she will apply as wife of British citizen right after my result?

2- We both provided proof for life in UK test and English Language requirement at the time of ILR. Do we still have to provide proof at the time of citizenship? I did IELTS and my wife passed GESE - Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Speaking and Listening - Entry Level 3 ) B1.1 of CEFR from Trinity College London. I have heard Home Office now dont accept this certificate any more? Can anyone please confirm.

Thank you so much for help.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British Citizenship - Questions

Post by milan69 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:14 am

You must have been a resident in UK for 5 years and have had ILR for one year.
As soon as you become BC your wife can apply as a spouse needing 3 year residency in UK and having ILR.
I am sometimes wrong.

abdik1980

Re: British Citizenship - Questions

Post by abdik1980 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you so much