ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's (born India) British passport application from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pal123
Newly Registered

Child's (born India) British passport application from India

Post by pal123 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi

We applied for the child's British passport (From India as child born in India) at the beginning of Feb and they returned the application stating 'Father's British passport' needed. I was in India at the same time so sent them my British passport.

1) I had foreseen something like this could happen and therefore haven't surrendered my Indian passport yet and have been travelling on the Indian passport (happy to pay the fine at the time of surrendering). So even though I have submitted my British passport they would be wondering why can't they see my travel history (as there are no stamps on my British passport). Will that be a problem?

2) Also in section 2 we have given the Indian address as my wife and child are in India at that address. My wife has still got an Indian passport (on spouse visa) and her passport has that address but I am the applying parent (in the Uk at the moment) as my wife has been in the UK for just a year before she feel pregnant and we decided to have our child in India. Therefore she does not know anyone with British passport who knows her for 2 years. Will that be fine? or would they expect the mother to be the applying parent?

3) Can someone who has done this recently also advise in how many days from when the application is sent to New Delhi British embassy can you see the fee charged on your card?

4) I am getting a bit restless and wondering if they send the application back what options do I have? Ie - if I decide that I want to apply for my child's passport once he is with me in the UK. should i go the 'get Indian passport and visa' way? or it's advisable that I keep my patience and get the British passport done?

Thanks

aksi

Re: Child's (born India) British passport application from I

Post by aksi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi,
Can you please update how long it takes to get child's British Passport , we are in the same situation intend to apply in come days.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
pal123 wrote:Hi

We applied for the child's British passport (From India as child born in India) at the beginning of Feb and they returned the application stating 'Father's British passport' needed. I was in India at the same time so sent them my British passport.

1) I had foreseen something like this could happen and therefore haven't surrendered my Indian passport yet and have been travelling on the Indian passport (happy to pay the fine at the time of surrendering). So even though I have submitted my British passport they would be wondering why can't they see my travel history (as there are no stamps on my British passport). Will that be a problem?

2) Also in section 2 we have given the Indian address as my wife and child are in India at that address. My wife has still got an Indian passport (on spouse visa) and her passport has that address but I am the applying parent (in the Uk at the moment) as my wife has been in the UK for just a year before she feel pregnant and we decided to have our child in India. Therefore she does not know anyone with British passport who knows her for 2 years. Will that be fine? or would they expect the mother to be the applying parent?

3) Can someone who has done this recently also advise in how many days from when the application is sent to New Delhi British embassy can you see the fee charged on your card?

4) I am getting a bit restless and wondering if they send the application back what options do I have? Ie - if I decide that I want to apply for my child's passport once he is with me in the UK. should i go the 'get Indian passport and visa' way? or it's advisable that I keep my patience and get the British passport done?

Thanks

hemachandra
Newly Registered

Re: Child's (born India) British passport application from I

Post by hemachandra » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Rules have changed now, for detailed application documentation follow this url
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 71764.html