ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

father claim child benefit does affect child ilr

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aknc789
Newly Registered

father claim child benefit does affect child ilr

Post by aknc789 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 pm

]Hi - I have read most of the posts regarding child benefit and I guess no one had a situation like mine. Any advise would be helpful.

I am an Indian citizen currently on an ILR from July 2014. My child is an Indian, born outside the UK and is currently in the UK on a dependent visa with no recourse to public funds.

I am trying to understand if the child benefit eligibility is considered based on the child's visa status or the parent's visa status? If it is based on the child's visa status it is obvious that he is not eligible. It it is based on main applicant I.e father status then he can claim

If father claim child benefit does it affect child ilr application or not

I will appreciate if someone could please clarify

Thnx

Aknc

Amber
Mood:

Re: father claim child benefit does affect child ilr

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:25 pm

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm

thanks. i will apply for claim

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 am

Hi aknc789,

Did you apply for child benefit? What happened?
I am in the same boat.
I have ILR. My wife recently got spouse visa (33 months) and kids same (33 months). Kids were born before I got ILR.
Will I be eligible for child benefit? Wife and kids visas say "no recourse to public funds"?
Any help would be really appreciated!

razian97

Post by razian97 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:24 pm

betterlatethannever wrote:Hi aknc789,

Did you apply for child benefit? What happened?
I am in the same boat.
I have ILR. My wife recently got spouse visa (33 months) and kids same (33 months). Kids were born before I got ILR.
Will I be eligible for child benefit? Wife and kids visas say "no recourse to public funds"?
Any help would be really appreciated!
Yes you can claim Chid benefits in your name and housing benefits,working and child tax credits in joint names.please tick on under immigration control for wife and kids in application form when applying for any benefits.

I did same as above ,with same situation as like you.
All process gone smooth.
Razian

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

In "Child Benefit claim form", they say
If any child in this claim was born outside the UK we also need to see their passport(s) or their travel documents used to enter the UK.

When you applied did you send their passports as well?

razian97

Post by razian97 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm

betterlatethannever wrote:Thanks for quick reply.

In "Child Benefit claim form", they say
If any child in this claim was born outside the UK we also need to see their passport(s) or their travel documents used to enter the UK.

When you applied did you send their passports as well?
My one son born in uk and second one born outside uk ,i sent original birth certificates for both,photocopy of passport and BRP card for one who born outside uk.i didnt send original passport and Brp card because both documents was in home office with Ilr postal application.i mentioned Hmrc about that in claim form and explained why i am unable to send original passport and BRP.
They returned original documents very quick.
an other way for you is to take all original documents to jobcentre plus and get attested photocopies from there,send these copies to hmrc and keep originals.
Hope this help
Razian

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for information.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for information.

jeoali
Newly Registered

Post by jeoali » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:32 am

aknc789 wrote:]Hi - I have read most of the posts regarding child benefit and I guess no one had a situation like mine. Any advise would be helpful.

I am an Indian citizen currently on an ILR from July 2014. My child is an Indian, born outside the UK and is currently in the UK on a dependent visa with no recourse to public funds.

I am trying to understand if the child benefit eligibility is considered based on the child's visa status or the parent's visa status? If it is based on the child's visa status it is obvious that he is not eligible. It it is based on main applicant I.e father status then he can claim

Thnx

My situation is not much different, Me and my wife is on ILR but my daughter born in UK is on dependent visa with no resource to public funds.. can I apply for benefits, if yes than it will not effect on my daughter citizenship application process. Thanks for guide.
Aknc

jeoali
Newly Registered

Post by jeoali » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:33 am

aknc789 wrote:]Hi - I have read most of the posts regarding child benefit and I guess no one had a situation like mine. Any advise would be helpful.

Thnx

My situation is not much different, Me and my wife is on ILR but my daughter born in UK is on dependent visa with no resource to public funds.. can I apply for benefits, if yes than it will not effect on my daughter citizenship application process. Thanks for guide.
Aknc