ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa 50K New Rules After 11 July Refusd

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cancerian

Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa 50K New Rules After 11 July Refusd

Post by cancerian » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:07 am

Hi/Salam every one in the Forum, I am new to this forum but was silently reviewing this forum off and on. Here is my time line
Applied as a Sole Team member
Accountancy firm business
Funds Half UK half Pakistan
Company formed 20 June 2014, i.e. Director from that date.
Practsing certificate was issued from professional body 3rd july hence signed first contract on 5h july
Appeal Allowed
3 contracts given,
1x contract on 5th july
1x contract on 7th july
1x contract on 16 july
went to Metro bank on 23 June 2014 to open business bank account but could not open due to visa problem , refusal letter from metro bank attached, went to barclays refused due to unknown reason , refusal letter dated 15 july 2014 attached.

Refusal Reason (Summary)
Section 41-SD(e)(iv) of Appendix A is not met;

Immigration Officer Objection

U r not meeting the criteria specified in section 41-SD(e)(iv) of appendix A of immigration rules specfically, i am rewriting his words
'ur contracts ______ and _______ does not specify duration of contracts this is because they both state" once it has been agreed this contract will remain valid for one year" does not specify a duration. or you should provide a letter from your institute confirming that you were trading on those dates .
No points were given for funds, only maintinance and degree points were given.
While i have as mentioned in refusal letter have wrote heading titled Duration in which i wrote ' Once it has been agreed, this letter will remain effective from one year to the next until this is replaced. All of the contracts were signed by both parties ( mutally agreed by implied signatures) and dated , origional contracts were submitted.
On the other hand i had opened an online bank acccount with cash plus banking which was activated on 16 or 17th july 2014, so cash plus banking cannot confirm those dates.
In letter it was written UKBA did not made any verification checks, can u please tell when they are going to do these checks and secondly I need money to widthraw from account like seven or 8 grand can u please tell me any back up like investment where it went. I have already submitted grounds of appeal but can u please tell me any good solicitor who can represent my case, I am based in London.can u tell me the appeal time line like how long it takes the whole appeal process. But it depends a lot on ur solicitor/barrister how he represents the case and fights on reasons of case.

taral

Re: Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa 50K New Rules After 11 July Ref

Post by taral » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am

hi

dear friend, ii have same refusal reason in my second time application with 50k route

no right of appeal so lodging JR Tomorrow. Refusal date 22 september

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:14 am

Hi Taral and cancerian ,

Could you please let us know either did you receive any complextion case letter from home office before your visa had refused?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Best Regards

Rockey

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Dear Rockey i did not received any complex case letter from HO

taral

Post by taral » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm

dear rockey

i also not receive any latter from HO . this is my second file still straight way refusal with silly reason .

just no end date in contract is the only point they found

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:04 pm

cancerian wrote:Hi/Salam every one in the Forum, I am new to this forum but was silently reviewing this forum off and on. Here is my time line
Practsing certificate was issued from professional body 3rd july hence signed first contract on 5h july
Appeal Allowed
3 contracts given,
1x contract on 5th july
1x contract on 7th july
1x contract on 16 july
went to Metro bank on 23 June 2014 to open business bank account but could not open due to visa problem , refusal letter from metro bank attached, went to barclays refused due to unknown reason , refusal letter dated 15 july 2014 attached.

Refusal Reason (Summary)

U r not meeting the criteria specified in section 41-SD(e)(iv) of appendix A of immigration rules specfically, i am rewriting his words
'ur contracts ______ and _______ does not specify duration of contracts this is because they both state" once it has been agreed this contract will remain valid for one year" does not specify a duration. or you should provide a letter from your institute confirming that you were trading on those dates .
While i have as mentioned in refusal letter have wrote heading titled Duration in which i wrote ' Once it has been agreed, this letter will remain effective from one year to the next until this is replaced. All of the contracts were signed by both parties ( mutally agreed by implied signatures) and dated , origional contracts were submitted.
On the other hand i had opened an online bank acccount with cash plus banking which was activated on 16 or 17th july 2014, so cash plus banking cannot confirm those dates.
In letter it was written UKBA did not made any verification checks, can u please tell when they are going to do these checks and secondly I need money to widthraw from account like seven or 8 grand can u please tell me any back up like investment where it went. I have already submitted grounds of appeal but can u please tell me any good solicitor who can represent my case, I am based in London.can u tell me the appeal time line like how long it takes the whole appeal process. But it depends a lot on ur solicitor/barrister how he represents the case and fights on reasons of case.

Hello,

I will like to understand your case better.

So, were you refused for the contract document and business account bank letter?

You did not state a start date for the contract. You submitted 3 contract document, is there a start and end date in any of the document?

A contract document should be clear and precise. The date is an important element of a contract that makes a contract document valid.

So if you appeal, what will your argument be?

-

If you can correct the old application with the required document, I will advice you to reapply as soon as possible. If you cannot get the required document then, you can decide to appeal.

Good luck.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Lola22 wrote:
cancerian wrote:Hi/Salam every one in the Forum, I am new to this forum but was silently reviewing this forum off and on. Here is my time line
Appeal Allowed
3 contracts given,
1x contract on 5th july
1x contract on 7th july
1x contract on 16 july

Refusal Reason (Summary)

Hello,

I will like to understand your case better.

So, were you refused for the contract document and business account bank letter?

You did not state a start date for the contract. You submitted 3 contract document, is there a start and end date in any of the document?

A contract document should be clear and precise. The date is an important element of a contract that makes a contract document valid.

So if you appeal, what will your argument be?

-

If you can correct the old application with the required document, I will advice you to reapply as soon as possible. If you cannot get the required document then, you can decide to appeal.

Good luck.
Thanks Lola22 for taking interest in my case, I appreciate your kind consideration. Well, mainly because of duration according to him or my business bank account was not confirming the dates which was not possible for my bank due to fact that i opened bank account in later dates of signing the contract.
Well about contracts different industry sectors have different types of contracts and it is mainly dominated by industry norms. In Accounting sector you would probably know people dont change their accountants very often, because accountants have recurring clients and they keep serving their clients for years. We cannot say that we will provide you our services till that point of time. And even in my contract i mentioned that same fact once it has been agreed this contract will be valid from one year until the next is replaced which means at the end of next year i have to make another engagement letter and both of the parties willl sign it. It can be argued its wordings may have grammatical mistakes from a lay man point of view. But I have reconfirmed with my professional body and they were clear on it, also they have issued me an explanation letter which i will use in court.
There is no end date in our industry so i did not write any end date. It has starting date i.e. the date when both parties signed the contract, and like wise when i say this is valid for one year that means it has end date, which is next year same date when we signed contract, its a bit confusin but you know what i mean.
And if either of the party wants to discontinue they will write a discontinuation letter. My each contract was roughly 5 pages document covering each and every legal aspect of my industry as well as i mentioned earlier that i had wrote an entire heading of Duration, In which i clearly mentioned wordings according to my professional membership body.
About reapplying I do have thought about it but UKBA is good at finding faults so even though when i correct these mistakes there is still a chance of 50/50. And i think we can argue better on this issue like u know every professional member of some body do write engagment letters as prescribed by their bodies like, lawyers, estate agents etc.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Guys please need help
Thanks in Advance for your replys

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 am

Accountants/ Future Accountants please help me in this regard how to fight with my case.
Give me some solid points, as accountants we know that we do have recurring clients, and especially accountants have long serving clients.
Give me some tips.
Thanks in Advance :)

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:21 am

I understand what you mean.

Unfortunately, your application has been refused by the decision maker because he/ she feel that your contract has no start date or the start date is not clear and precise.

You have two options:
1). If you or your solicitor can argue that the contract is an acceptable and recognised contract document within your profession, then you can appeal.

2). If you have other contract document that has a specified start and end date on it then, you can decide to reapply provided you are sure of your business, document and application or you give a solicitor that knows the category well to look at the application before you submit.

If you decide to reapply, I will advice you to correct the old contract and add to the new document that you will be submitting.

It is your duty to decide what option you will take putting your personal circumstances into consideration.

Good luck.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Lola22 wrote:I understand what you mean.

Unfortunately, your application has been refused by the decision maker because he/ she feel that your contract has no start date or the start date is not clear and precise.

You have two options:
1). If you or your solicitor can argue that the contract is an acceptable and recognised contract document within your profession, then you can appeal.

2). If you have other contract document that has a specified start and end date on it then, you can decide to reapply provided you are sure of your business, document and application or you give a solicitor that knows the category well to look at the application before you submit.

If you decide to reapply, I will advice you to correct the old contract and add to the new document that you will be submitting.

It is your duty to decide what option you will take putting your personal circumstances into consideration.

Good luck.
Thank you, Lola22, well, to be honest I dont have an option to reapply because my business was started about four months ago, so u can only apply if you have started business in last three months via psw route.
The letter is definately recognisable in our industry and surely this is only bit we need to argue in court before judge.
Secondly, If i would have applied again , my continuity would be broken as well as 3c. And the problem with ukba is you cannot be 100% sure that you will definately get visa, no matter how well you have presented your case, i would say there is always chance of 50/50.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 am

Any suggestions seniors guys please.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 am

The document showing that the business exists should be dated sometime in the past three months. Your business can be older than three months.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:11 pm

hi every one
i got refused as well saying
as evidence of advertising you have provided

#a printout of your website
#online advertisements
#business cards and flyers
this evidence doesnot cover a continuous period before 11 july upto date of your application as stated in immigration rules no other evidence from paragraph 41-sd(E) has been submitted

even though i submitted business cards and flyers invoices which was way earlier then 11 july and one of the company which has contract with me stated on their letter head we came to know about this company through local advertisements so my concern is are they looking for only evidence which they mentioned in there paragraph 41-sd not the evidence i provided them and may be they say the same thing to judge we are only concern about evidence which we mentioned in our paragraph,
can any body please advise me what to do coz i am so much stressed.

asfan123

Post by asfan123 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:39 am

Sorry to hear that. Johncena18 please can you share your timeline
johncena18 wrote:hi every one
i got refused as well saying
as evidence of advertising you have provided

#a printout of your website
#online advertisements
#business cards and flyers
this evidence doesnot cover a continuous period before 11 july upto date of your application as stated in immigration rules no other evidence from paragraph 41-sd(E) has been submitted

even though i submitted business cards and flyers invoices which was way earlier then 11 july and one of the company which has contract with me stated on their letter head we came to know about this company through local advertisements so my concern is are they looking for only evidence which they mentioned in there paragraph 41-sd not the evidence i provided them and may be they say the same thing to judge we are only concern about evidence which we mentioned in our paragraph,
can any body please advise me what to do coz i am so much stressed.