ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

october2013

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by october2013 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 am

Pls I need ur step by step advise. From my previous post you will see I am a PBS dependant on my husband' s psw visa. We applied for flr o last yr which was denied n we had an initial hearing which upheld d HO decision. We appealed dt decision again, had an UT hearing in July but awaiting the decision.
I am now eligible 2 apply for ILR based on 10 yrs so pls if u cld advice me as I fill out my forms.
Section B11: your HO reference number- do I just use d ref number on the refusal letter?
Section C4: is ur current passport doc enclosed? I choose NO
Section C5; if not enclosed.... I choose expired and returned to authorities.
Section C8: BP number: Can't remember my brp number cos I sent it to them.
Section D1: current status ....PBS dependant. ..is dis correct?
Section D4: when does ur current leave expire? I put d date of our last leave in 2013. We made an in time app so ...
Section E3: civil judgments/penalties? Can Sum1 explain this pls? I had a fine in 05 for driving wt an international license but I don't rem d date nor do I have d docs for it. I have also neva paid council tax. I also hv ccj's for debt...would this affect my application?
Can some1 adv me on d above sections pls

Go0612
Newly Registered

Post by Go0612 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 am

shareandcare80 wrote:Hi everyone
I already explained my case but I need help now if anyone can answer my qurey would be great help.
I applied tier4 extention on 29june14 during the processing time I sent my ilr under10 years veriation application on 1stsep .Also I did not go for biometrics uder tier4 as I submitted new appplocation for variation under 10 years long residency now yearerday 13 oct i received my tier4 invalid dated 8 oct which states I didnt submitted my biometircs so my tier4 is invalid.
And to make it more difficult i still have not received my biometric invitation under my ilr application.
So should I do? Does my tier4 invalid application effect my ilr?
Hi,

I share my experience. After submitting ILR app to vary previous application, I received biometric for first application which I delayed and meanwhile payment deducted and acknowledgement received within week for Set lr app but when I enrolled biometrics for first app after two weeks of set lr app then a week later HO refused the first application. After calling HO they said, send back all documents it's a system mistake after sending those back we didn't receive acknowledgement in 10 days in between we called HO they were simply saying we are processing. My solicitor advised me for the appeal to keep status legal.

Then after 5 weeks of that HO refunded my first fee and internally they withdraw their decision and varied the app but they didn't send any letter to us and I received my bio letter for Set lr app after 3 months of app. In mean time We had sent letter to request bio and called as well that time on the phone they were saying they have my bio but they requested for this app.

Now I have this Set lr App live and there is an appeal outstanding for previous app.
My solicitor says we shouldn't withdraw appeal by ourselves it will create more complication.
I am confused just waiting and Praying.

Any suggestions from members from their experience or someone they know.

inaamulhaq73
Newly Registered

Post by inaamulhaq73 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks to Almighty Allah.
Received my BRP this morning.
App sent. 7 july 14
bio recorded 23rd july
approved. 9 Oct.
Best of luck for everyone else.
Thanks.

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:35 am

Go0612 wrote:
I already explained my case but I need help now if anyone can answer my qurey would be great help.
I applied tier4 extention on 29june14 during the processing time I sent my ilr under10 years veriation application on 1stsep .Also I did not go for biometrics uder tier4 as I submitted new appplocation for variation under 10 years long residency now yearerday 13 oct i received my tier4 invalid dated 8 oct which states I didnt submitted my biometircs so my tier4 is invalid.
And to make it more difficult i still have not received my biometric invitation under my ilr application.
Hi,

I share my experience. After submitting ILR app to vary previous application, I received biometric for first application which I delayed and meanwhile payment deducted and acknowledgement received within week for Set lr app but when I enrolled biometrics for first app after two weeks of set lr app then a week later HO refused the first application. After calling HO they said, send back all documents it's a system mistake after sending those back we didn't receive acknowledgement in 10 days in between we called HO they were simply saying we are processing. My solicitor advised me for the appeal to keep status legal.

Then after 5 weeks of that HO refunded my first fee and internally they withdraw their decision and varied the app but they didn't send any letter to us and I received my bio letter for Set lr app after 3 months of app. In mean time We had sent letter to request bio and called as well that time on the phone they were saying they have my bio but they requested for this app.

Now I have this Set lr App live and there is an appeal outstanding for previous app.
My solicitor says we shouldn't withdraw appeal by ourselves it will create more complication.

dear shareandcare80 and Go0612,
if possible could you both please give the detail of the GAP of the days between the application of TIER4 and the date of ILR.
the reason for me asking this is coz i have same situation. i will send application of ILR while waiting for TIER4 outcome.

your information will be very helpful to me
i hope you understand

regards

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:37 am

inaamulhaq73 wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah.
App sent. 7 july 14
bio recorded 23rd july
approved. 9 Oct.
Thanks.

congratulation ,

enjoy the freedom

supra123
Newly Registered

Post by supra123 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Folks,
I applied 27 June 2014
Payment Taken 02 July 2014
Biometric 18 July 2014
still waiting
Please let me know any seniour memeber, how long it will take to get MY ILR approvel many thanks

Ishtiaq2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ishtiaq2014 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:35 am

App sent. 7 july 14
bio recorded 23rd july
approved. 9 Oct.
Thanks.
Many congratlation inamulhaq73, enjoy your freedom. Pray for those waiting.

Go0612
Newly Registered

Post by Go0612 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:48 am

meghankit wrote:
dear shareandcare80 and Go0612,
if possible could you both please give the detail of the GAP of the days between the application of TIER4 and the date of ILR.
the reason for me asking this is coz i have same situation. i will send application of ILR while waiting for TIER4 outcome.

regards
Dear meghankit,

I applied Set LR app roughly after 50 days of the first app.

My advise will be if you come under my situation like 1 app decision pending or holding bio then as soon as you get acknowledgement of SET LR app then do post the copy of that to first app caseworker team.

I realise their internal coordination is bit slow and that's why people like me suffer.
May everything get smoother and easier for everyone.
Hope it will help.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:51 am

App sent. 7 july 14
bio recorded 23rd july
approved. 9 Oct.
Thanks.
Congrat to your freedom enjoy it .

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Go0612 wrote:
Hi,

Hello bro
I personaly belive you shouldt have bothered with apealing or with biometrics of previous application as that application becomes invalied or to be more precise you cant have two applications in process at the same time.
So you initially should have only given the biometrics for
Ilr only. But nevertheless nothing should effect your ilr.
InshAllah you will get your ilr with in the time sacle sucessfully

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

App sent. 7 july 14
bio recorded 23rd july
approved. 9 Oct.
Thanks.
Congratulations to you. Am so happy for you. Enjoy your freedom and remain blessed.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

lifeintheuksetlr
Newly Registered

Post by lifeintheuksetlr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:08 pm

haroonh wrote:
lifeintheuksetlr wrote:Been a silent reader for such a long time. I applied set lr 29/09/14 payment was taken 2/10/2014 still no sign of acknowledge letter. Would appreciate if any member experiencing similar delay to be shared in this forum. Requesting advise from senior members :cry:
Hopefully it will be on its way , i had mine received after about 13 days
thanks for sharing the information. I received my acknowledgement letter today. Waiting for biometric . Clock is ticking.

umamah
Newly Registered

Post by umamah » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
umamah wrote:Thanks everyone for your time to read my queries and your reply.
But one of my friend received an email from home office for same queries on September 2012 and his wife got settlement visa just after getting her FLR (M) visa. I am not sure whether the rules has been changed or not but here I am adding home office email for your information.

From: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox [mailto:SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: 21 September 2012 14:02
To:
Cc: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox
Subject: {Spam?} RE: Dependents of 10 year long residence settlement applicant
Dear ...

Thank you for your email.
As a policy team we are unable to give advice on individual applications. However, I can clarify the Immigration Rules for partners.

It may be helpful if I explain that based on the information in your email the probationary period for eligibility to apply for ILR for your wife is 2 years because she was granted entry clearance or limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 of the Rules before 9 July 2012. More information is given on our website in the Transitional provisions at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... -8-app-fm/

Paragraph 319E of the Rules provides for dependant partners of relevant PBS migrants granted leave to enter or remain under paragraphs 319B-319D of the Rules to apply for ILR at the same time as their partner/later if the partner is/was granted ILR as a PBS migrant.

When the PBS migrant is granted ILR in the Long Residency category their partner is not eligible to apply under paragraph 319E. They need to apply to "switch" into the partner of a person who is settled in the UK category. Where the above mentioned transitional arrangements apply, the partner needs to apply to "switch" under paragraph 284 of the Rules. Once they have been granted FLR as the partner of a person settled in the UK they are eligible to apply for ILR under paragraph 287(a) once they have completed the probationary period. Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) provides for the leave granted as a PBS dependant to be amalgamated with the leave as a partner of a settled person. Therefore, some partners will be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after gaining FLR. They must meet all of the requirements of paragraph 287(a) to apply for ILR.

Information about the application forms and performance targets for applications is available on our website.

I hope this information is useful.

Settlement Operational Policy[/color][/color]
Hello Ehsan ,

Thank you very much to share the email which HO has send to your friend ,

its says that in your friend case his wife has to wait only 2 years for ILR and she arrived before 9th april 2012 ...so can you tell us which visa category your friend is now and did his wife changed her visa AFTER ARRIVING in this country in point base system ....actually the email which you have shared is actually interpretating same thing which is written on page 8 flr(m) guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

d) You must meet the financial requirement
You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or
remain here as a partner after 9th July 2012, or if your last leave was granted as a partner of a
Relevant Points Based system migrant.

so those whose last visa is granted on point base system comes under new rule

Can you tell us is your friend wife still has got same visa she got before 9th july 2012 by any chance ?

because home office email is also saying that

"When the PBS migrant is granted ILR in the Long Residency category their partner is not eligible to apply under paragraph 319E. They need to apply to "switch" into the partner of a person who is settled in the UK category".

its means if you as a main applicant last visa was on PBS then your partner will not eligible for the old rules ....

but in any way in your case your wife her self completed her 10 years in 2017 after you got ILR she has to change her visa for FLR(M) and during this visa she her self eligible for SET(LR) ...

Hope its helps ,
Thanks for sharing that email ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Thanks brother S. Akaram for your reply.
My friend was on Tier 1 (General) visa status when he applied for Set (LR) in 2013. After getting his settlement, his wife applied for FLR (M) and then applied for SET (M) within one week and now she also has got ILR visa.
According to the end of home office email, some partners will be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR.
"Therefore, some partners will be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after gaining FLR. They must meet all of the requirements of paragraph 287(a) to apply for ILR."

Regards,

Ehasan

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:16 pm

umamah wrote:
My friend was on Tier 1 (General) visa status when he applied for Set (LR) in 2013. After getting his settlement, his wife applied for FLR (M) and then applied for SET (M) within one week and now she also has got ILR visa.
According to the end of home office email, some partners will be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR.
"Therefore, some partners will be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after gaining FLR. They must meet all of the requirements of paragraph 287(a) to apply for ILR."

Regards,

Ehasan
Hi Ehasan bahi,
Can you confirm the dates with your friend that
what date his Mrs applied for her FLR(M)?
I am dead sure that she applied it beofre the 6th of April 2014,
and than could you also confirm with them that,
Did she received a 2 years visa on that FLR(M) ?
Yet again I am dead sure on that, that she received a 2 years visa.
If both of the above statements are correct than she was still covered under the transitional arrangements, any application after the 6th of April 2014, from a dependent of a settled person through long residency i.e 10 years long stay, have to apply FLR(M) through Appendix(FM) and I don't think that paragraph 287(a) is relevant any more.
If you can kindly confirm these dates for us, that will be great, as there are many members who can take advantage from your friends case, and this information is very relevant, especially to the dependents of settled person through 10 years long residency.
We will be eagerly waiting for your reply. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

umamah
Newly Registered

Post by umamah » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:05 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
umamah wrote:

Regards,

Ehasan
Hi Ehasan bahi,
If both of the above statements are correct than she was still covered under the transitional arrangements, any application after the 6th of April 2014, from a dependent of a settled person through long residency i.e 10 years long stay, have to apply FLR(M) through Appendix(FM) and I don't think that paragraph 287(a) is relevant any more.
If you can kindly confirm these dates for us, that will be great, as there are many members who can take advantage from your friends case, and this information is very relevant, especially to the dependents of settled person through 10 years long residency.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hello Shahjee bhai,

I am confirming that both application made on 2013. So I was asking whether 287(a ) is still existing in home office policy or not.
Anyway, I will check the policy again or I will send email to Home office for confirmation.

Many thanks for your cordial cooperation.

Ehasan

umamah
Newly Registered

Post by umamah » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:54 pm

umamah wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
umamah wrote:

Regards,
Hi Ehasan bahi,
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hello Shahjee bhai,

I am confirming that both application made on 2013. So I was asking whether 287(a ) is still existing in home office policy or not.
Anyway, I will check the policy again or I will send email to Home office for confirmation.

Many thanks for your cordial cooperation.
Hello Shahjee bhai,

Now I have seen the updated rules (28th July 2014) and found that in immigration rules part 8, still 287a 1 d is existing and states that
"__(d) the applicant was admitted to the UK or given an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant; and then obtained an extension of stay under paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules and has completed a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of the person who is now present and settled here."

Regards,

saimafaraqut
Newly Registered

Post by saimafaraqut » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:25 pm

hi all
by the grace of ALLAH, my application of long residence has been approved and i received my documents today.

Applied 07/07/2014
Bio-metrics received 24/07/2014
Bio-metrics done 28/07/2014
Approved on 08/10/2014
documents 13/10/2014
RP-card recvd 14/10/2014

Best of Luck every1.

thanks

ali45

Post by ali45 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi everyone
All brother and sister who sending or already sent their ILR app,kindly also mention that are they send their app 28days before their 10 years completed many thanks

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Guys

I have already posted my application background here before.

12/09/2014 : Applied for ILR (LR) 4 months early ( Varied Application waited for decision of entrepreneur more than year )
16/09/2014: Received Acknowledgement Letter & fees already deducted.
I was told by my lawyer that as i varied my application so i won't be giving BIOMETRIC again n they will use it from previous application. One month has already been passed. For 28 days before 10 years will be in mid of December.
I am waiting for my fees returned for previous application and also documents.

All i want to to know about biometric that if you vary ur application , Do we have to give biometric again ?
And any experiences you can share of early applicants

Regards

Sergio Ramos

ali45

Post by ali45 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi
I personally do not think that you have to give the biometric again,i might be wrong but this is my point to view senior member can answe it in detail.Did you withdraw your T 1 ent app?

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks for reply

I didn't withdraw my application.
I varied it to ILR (LR ).

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi yes you have to give biometric again for your set LR application.
I don't know what will be the outcome of your application as home office will always consider the date of application but I hope I am wrong and you get your ILR.
But with regard to your biometric yea you need to register again once you get the invitation for that.
Hope this helps

Regards

Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

12/09/2014 : Applied for ILR (LR) 4 months early ( Varied Application waited for decision of entrepreneur more than year )
I was told by my lawyer that as i varied my application so i won't be giving BIOMETRIC again n they will use it from previous application. One month has already been passed. For 28 days before 10 years will be in mid of December.

All i want to to know about biometric that if you vary ur application , Do we have to give biometric again ?

Regards

Sergio Ramos

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:11 pm

I was told by lawyer a week ago that you won't be giving biometric Plus if there was any biometric issued , it would have been in my hand till now . So i was just curious about it.

I know many people are waiting for my outcome. Come across many users with the same process applying early. Many said they will consider date of decision and few suggested that they will consider date of application. Many people said that it takes three to four months to reply so i might not get a reply before my time completes which is mid January (Mid December 28 days before)

Regards

prem_singh123 wrote:Hi yes you have to give biometric again for your set LR application.
I don't know what will be the outcome of your application as home office will always consider the date of application but I hope I am wrong and you get your ILR.
But with regard to your biometric yea you need to register again once you get the invitation for that.
Hope this helps

Regards

Ramos wrote:Hi Guys

Regards

Sergio Ramos

ali45

Post by ali45 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 pm

dnt worry bro u will get an appeal right even if ur ilr app refuse, and till then u will reached ur 120 months
best regards

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi
Shah gee bhai
In my experience it's only ur luck and case worker mod if he accept u in old rules
As u know I have been victim one of bad and untrained case worker in Croydon as I have applied my wife ILR on the bases of 287 after my ILR on long residency and as she has got 2 years visa and was applied that before April even and she was here from last 8 years but last month case worker refused her ILR and cancelled my wife 2 years spouse visa saying that it was error and gave her 29th month spouse visa which I don't know which category but I m sure he was one of worst case worker ever in history of ukvi who does not know any rules
Anyways I have send reconsideration request with a All rules print out let see what happened but I have lost 1493.00 with out getting anything due to these everyday changes of rules