ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of Working Visa/Work Authorisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajj13
Newly Registered

Renewal of Working Visa/Work Authorisation

Post by rajj13 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone applied for a renewal of their Working Visa/Work Authorisation after the revisions were made to the visa procedures?

DETE advises us that the changes should not affect the working visa holders and that they only need to go to the nearest Garda station with a valid passport, current P60 form and GNIB card fo renewal? After having read everything on this forum, this appears to be too good to be true.

Cheers,

Raj

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:41 pm

That is correct, however this only applies to people who held working authorisation/visa prior to the comencement of the new employment permits legislation.

rajj13
Newly Registered

Post by rajj13 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:55 am

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I came to Ireland on a working visa before the laws were changed. I'm married to a Polish girl and almost applied for the EU1 residence; however, I changed my mind after reading the various posts on this forum in relation to the issue.

My working visa is up for renewal in January next year; do you have any idea how long the DOJ takes to renew it? I'm planning to renew my working visa first & then apply for the EU1 after the renewal.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:51 am

Joe, before you answer the query like you work at the DOJ and set Irish policy,please quote some similar cases,website references or your personal experience so that he is not misinformed.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 pm

rajj13 wrote:Thanks for the reply Joe.

I came to Ireland on a working visa before the laws were changed. I'm married to a Polish girl and almost applied for the EU1 residence; however, I changed my mind after reading the various posts on this forum in relation to the issue.

My working visa is up for renewal in January next year; do you have any idea how long the DOJ takes to renew it? I'm planning to renew my working visa first & then apply for the EU1 after the renewal.
bring you p60, passport, gnib card AND a letter from you employer saying that you have a job and how much you getting pay. anything missing. you wont be walking out the GNIB in dublin with a new gnib card and stamp in your passport.

since you have a work visa. i dont know how to renew you reentry visa. but to renew your permission to remain(stamp in your passport and gnib card), it takes how ever long you have to wait to get to the counter in gnib. once when they see everything you show. as long as you have been working in the same category on your work visa and you have been paying tax. the gnib will give you another 2 years stamp on your passport and a new gnib card for 2 years. i renewed my work authorization almost 2 years ago. i showed up with passport, p21(which is the tax statement similar to p60), gnib card and a letter from my employer saying that i have a job. they renewed my permssion to remain in the same day. so it doesnt take long other then i had to wait in the gnib in dublin for few hours. thats all, so good luck.

one more thing, dont show up too early to renew your work visa. only show up may be 2 or 3 weeks before your permission to remain expired because if you show up too early. they will tell you to come back. so 2 to 3 weeks would be good.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:04 pm

archigabe wrote:Joe, before you answer the query like you work at the DOJ and set Irish policy,please quote some similar cases,website references or your personal experience so that he is not misinformed.
archigabe, get off your high horse!

I said that the information that he had been given was correct. The information is very easily obtained by having a look at www.entemp.ie

elbet
Newly Registered

How early to renew Working Visa/Work Authorisation

Post by elbet » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:34 am

New to this forum but fascinated with the wealth of information .

My working visa will expire begining of January 2008 but I lost my passport couple of months ago . Went to GNIB and asked them to extend my working visa untill 2010 ( had of course all required papers ) , I got advice from friend that they might accept my request .
Of course my request was not accpeted and they just stamped a residency stamp untill this coming January . My question is : How early GNIB can accpet my application for working visa renewal ? The reason I am asking is that I will be away for Christmas by the time my residency is due for renewal , I normally leave the country 4-5 weeks before Christmas ?

Any advice is appreciated
Regards
elbet