ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU-1 pending -> travelling outside Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wiracocha
Newly Registered

EU-1 pending -> travelling outside Ireland

Post by wiracocha » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi, I'm an italian citizen who is working here in Ireland. My wife is not european citizen, but she has lived in Rome for 3 years and holds an italian residence permit, so she entered in Ireland without a visa. This month we have applied for the EU-1. She will have problems if we travel outside of Ireland?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:11 pm

Ideally she shouldn't have entered Ireland without a visa because Ireland is not part of the schengen travel area. If she leaves Ireland, she might have problems getting back in. You could try applying for a re-entry visa for Ireland before she leaves.But if she shows GNIB a foreign passport without a valid entry visa, she might get into more trouble! I would suggest postponing travel plans till her residency permit comes through.
Here's the link to the re-entry visa application form.
https://www.reachservices.ie/reachPorta ... hp_1886_en