ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal for family members?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fahimmirza
Newly Registered

Visa refusal for family members?

Post by fahimmirza » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I and my wife jointly sponsored my wife’s mother, about 60 years old, and brother 22, a law university student. Both visas were refused and only limited right of appeal given. Briefly the reason for refusal they gave: 1. My mother-in-Law’s disposal income is £66 per month and she showed on her application that she had about £1000 for travelling expenses. The UKAB say how can she afford £1000 on the basis of her so small disposal income. 2. As she is travelling with her son, she will not return. And that she has not demonstrated she has any strong links with the home country, Pakistan 3. They phoned at our house 3 times but no one replied. My replies are: 1. At one hand they are saying that she cannot afford the tickets and on the on the other hand they are claiming once she gone to the UK, she won’t return. Why are they making such conflicting statements? 2 Traveling with son does not mean she has ulterior motives of not returning and that she will not come back as she then will have no links left with her homeland? 3. I was not expecting any phone calls. I work long hours’ night shifts and if once get woken up, then can’t go to sleep again. My wife works on the till at a very busy stations, so she had no time for any phone calls. Also as we get nuisance phone calls, we do not reply calls from unknown numbers. Why did they not leave any text or voice message, indicating when they would likely be making the next call? 4. They have given us a limited chance of appeal. As a son-in-Law am I not allowed to be qualified as a family member for my mother-in-law and my wife being a daughter and sister not qualified as a family member? So on the basis of the above arguments can we appeal and what are the chances of it being successful?

Or should they make a fresh application? The supporting documents we sent will be now about 3 months old. Do we have to send new documents, and can we send them by email with our electronic signatures? We get our bank statements and pay slips by email any way. So we don’t have originals. Will they need more recent pay slips? We can give the UKAB assurance in writing, electronically signed, that we will be responsible for the applicant’s total door to door travelling expenses, and will be responsible, without recourse to any public funds, for their maintenance, medical expenses if any, while they are in the UK and make sure they return. Our joint net income is in the region of £3000 plus per month and we have no children. So will this be sufficient for UKAB that that the applicants all financial expenses will be met, and that the applicants should not necessarily have a bank balance to meet their expenses. We will remain alert for any calls coming from the UKAB. Finally and most importantly how can we convince the UKAB that they will RETURN? With the provision of the above, do they stand a good chance of getting the visa or will they be again wasting their time and money? How can they improve their chances of getting the visas? The forum member’s comments will be really appreciated.

batleykhan

Re: Visa refusal for family members?

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:44 pm

The ECO is interested in the intention and evidence of the applicant to return home after the visit rather than the ability of the sponsor to support/maintain and accommodate the visitor.

In my opinion its best to reapply rather than appeal as it will be quicker and cheaper than appealing.

You need to show documentary evidence reasons for the visitors to return home. This may include family ties,land,property,employment, savings etc