ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for grounds of appeal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aravindv
Newly Registered

Request for grounds of appeal

Post by Aravindv » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Hello all,

i received a letter from courts asking a letter stating my grounds of appeal. im not sure what is that and how to do it. could anyone please help me .... letter should be posted before 30th oct... need help!

my refusal points:
* No end date on my contract
* No transactions in in bank statement, so no business activity before 11th july.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Re: Request for grounds of appeal

Post by Rockey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi Arvind,

Sorry to hear your refusal..
Can you please tell us your detail timeline , date of company registration and point of refusal so that we can give you exact advice?

Thanks in advance for replying.
Best Regards

Rockey

Aravindv
Newly Registered

Post by Aravindv » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Applied as team
application sent 18th july 2014
biometric given 1st of sep 2014
letter form UKBA asking for documents on 5th sep 2014
refusal letter on 18th sep 2014
appealed date 29th sep 2014
court letter asking for grounds of appeal 24th oct 2014

home office asked for additional documents, they are,
*confirmation of contract with end date
*business account statement.

i have sent documents but they are not acceptable it seems. they said there were no transactions in account, so there is no trading.
i have written letter to home office stating there is no end date for the contract because the services provided are long term like host there domain and maintanance and i mentioned in the contract as " contract can be terminated by either parties by giving 30 day notice". ( contract starts on the day both parties signed i.e on 26th june and terminates by providing 30 day notice).

refusal on:
No end date on my contract
No transactions in in bank statement, so no business activity before 11th july.
i need some help please.......!

Aravindv
Newly Registered

Post by Aravindv » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:35 am

Company was registered on 17th march 2014.

Thanks for your reply rocky...

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:32 am

To be honest its very silly reason of rejection , most visas have been rejeceted due to same reasons recently..

Any dont worry if you have got contracts signed before of 11th of july that will help you in court , try to give as many contracts as you can if you have got ones before 11th of july..you can also provide some latest proofs like website , domain purchasing, adverstisements materials, visiting cards, flyer, facebook official pages , google plus, yell.com if you have made these pages on social media..

If you can defend case yourself then fine otherwise just hire a good lawyer and submit your right of appeal before given date..

Best of luck
Best Regards

Rockey

Aravindv
Newly Registered

Post by Aravindv » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 am

You misunderstood rocky... It was refused and I appealed. In the appeal I didn't mention grounds of appeal, court has sent me a letter asking for grounds of appeal.... I need help in format for grounds of appeal

In fact all my materials are dated before 11th July, website launched in June, domain registered in May, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, gumtree, ukita registration all in June. Uk business show in may.

cancerian

Post by cancerian » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Brother I would advise you to get a solicitor or a barristor as soon as possible, without detailed and logical grounds of appeal, i am afraid your appeal will be dismissed, (this is not an expert advice) but its appeal grounds which determine why your appeal should be considered and secretary of state has made a mistake in assessing your application. Which is not a layman's job get a lawyer asap. Thanks