ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sister Immigration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

umair09
Newly Registered

Sister Immigration

Post by umair09 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi,

I would like to know that my sister who is British National. Does she can apply for me immigration or long term visa or she has to apply for my parents first?

I am married and live in Dubai. Please Advise if anyone knows about sibling immigration ?

Regards

Umi

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Sister Immigration

Post by MPH80 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Do you want to live in the UK or just visit?

umair09
Newly Registered

Post by umair09 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 am

Thanks MPH80 for your reply.

Well, yes i would like to move in UK on permanent basis but my query is, how my sister she can apply for me from UK or she has to apply first for my parents 5 years visa. My parents also have two years visa which is going to expire on March,2015. My sister is planning to apply again for them and this time they have to live in UK for at least 180 days to eligible for an immigration.

I dont know whether she can apply for me as well this time or not, Or i have to wait until my parents get the nationality ?

Please guide me is there any way that my sister can also lodge the application for me with my parents ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:11 am

Your sister will be unable to bring your parents to the UK unless they are so infirm as to require help with daily tasks such as washing and dressing. And even then she'll only be able to bring them if she can prove she can't afford to pay for help in their home country but CAN afford to look after them here for 5 years without recourse to public funds - which is all but impossible to prove.

You would have to be in the same state to rely on your sister or your parents for your immigration status.

umair09
Newly Registered

Post by umair09 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:37 am

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Here is a one more question i would like to ask that, in 2007 i went to UK on study permit in (xxx) college but actually i was not studying in the same but after one and a half year i have gotten PSW some how for a one year, after finishing the time period i sent my extension application to HO, which home office refused to my extension, so within a month i left UK & i went to dubai, now i am very well settled here.

My question is, i want to go UK let say on tourist visa or family visitor visa which (my sister can sponsor me) but in application their is one question they ask about if any refusal in the past 10 years, so what should i mention in that column of my visit visa application. Unfortunately i also didn't remember the name of my college (which is abolished now i believed) from where i have received my PSW, i am so confused i really don't know what to do or how i can explain them ?

Waiting for your quick and help full response

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 am

umair09 wrote:Hi,

I would like to know that my sister who is British National. Does she can apply for me immigration or long term visa or she has to apply for my parents first?

I am married and live in Dubai. Please Advise if anyone knows about sibling immigration ?

Regards

Umi
There is no sibling migration path in UK immigration law and also the adult dependant route is practically impossible, not to say extremely expensive.

The visa costs alone for the three of you would be around £4500 with 99.99% chance of rejection and then no chance of a visit visa being approved afterwards.

Also as you are married what about your husband?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:42 am

umair09 wrote:Thanks for your detailed reply.

Here is a one more question i would like to ask that, in 2007 i went to UK on study permit in (xxx) college but actually i was not studying in the same but after one and a half year i have gotten PSW some how for a one year, after finishing the time period i sent my extension application to HO, which home office refused to my extension, so within a month i left UK & i went to dubai, now i am very well settled here.

My question is, i want to go UK let say on tourist visa or family visitor visa which (my sister can sponsor me) but in application their is one question they ask about if any refusal in the past 10 years, so what should i mention in that column of my visit visa application. Unfortunately i also didn't remember the name of my college (which is abolished now i believed) from where i have received my PSW, i am so confused i really don't know what to do or how i can explain them ?

Thanks

You should declare all refusals.

Get caught in a lie, kiss visa bye bye...

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks
As Wanderer has already said - you state you had a refusal and the reason you were given by UKBA at the time. They have it all on file. If you apply and don't mention it - you'll simply be accused of deception and handed a 10 year ban.

umair09
Newly Registered

Post by umair09 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Dear MOH80,

yes i got refusal but i am not saying that i will not mention, i will provide all correct information, i just want to know the end result, do you think they can give me visit visa ?

I just got refusal, that is i believed its not a big deal, i did not did anything wrong there..

Please give your suggestion, i should apply for visit visa now or wait, as its been 5 years now, i never been to UK..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

umair09 wrote:.... i never been to UK..

But you said....
...... in 2007 i went to UK on study permit in (xxx) college but actually i was not studying in the same but after one and a half year i have gotten PSW some how for a one year, after finishing the time period i sent my extension application to HO, which home office refused to my extension, so within a month i left UK & i went to dubai, now i am very well settled here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:21 pm

@Wanderer, maybe he means it is 5 years since he was in the UK??
as its been 5 years now, i never been to UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 pm

umair09 wrote:Dear MOH80,

yes i got refusal but i am not saying that i will not mention, i will provide all correct information, i just want to know the end result, do you think they can give me visit visa ?

I just got refusal, that is i believed its not a big deal, i did not did anything wrong there..

Please give your suggestion, i should apply for visit visa now or wait, as its been 5 years now, i never been to UK..
The previous refusal, by itself, won't be a reason for a further refusal.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks

The only reason you would have been refused the one year top up for PSW as far as I can see is that, as you admit, you didn't study at the college, and it appears you submitted fraudulent documents. I would say you have next to no chance of coming to the UK as a visitor. It isn't just a matter of declaring a refusal, but you were refused for deception.

Did you submit a fáke qualification for your initial PSW?
Last edited by PaperPusher on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:19 pm

The forum spam filter by the way auto changes the word 'f a k e' to 'bad quality'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Edited!

By fake I mean fraudulent, deceptive, untrue, f.ake, false, bogus!