ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tuliprose » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi,

Do any of the member has any email or letter from Home Office confirming that time spent as student dependent will be counted towards SET(M) application ?

I saw a post from a member (GOd Helps) on Fri 17th Oct on this thread and tried sending PM but for some reason PM does not go through.

I'll applying SET(M) for my wife soon and need confirmation if her student dependent stay will be counted towards ILR.

I'll be really thankful if you have any kind of written confirmation from Home regarding above.

Many Thanks.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
rosazeet wrote:please can somebody PM the wording of letter to HO to put my application on hold until my husband ILR application decision. i m applying FLR(fp).
thanks
Hi rosazeet,
I have PM you the copy of the covering letter. Give me a shout if you need any further help.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks shahjee, but I cannot open my PM as it says restricted. Can you email me now if possible thanks.
Rosazeet@gmail.com

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

straight forward and complicated cases

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

we observe some cases take a little while to decide by HO but some cases take longer to decide by HO and then we use the terminology of straight forward cases and complicated cases.my question here is how do we differentiate between straight forward cases and complicated cases under one category.

Regards

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:40 pm

There are so many set LR applications compare to set o ...... Interesting
jignesh

dessy33
Newly Registered

Post by dessy33 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi Shahjee and other honourable members,

I recently got my ILR on 10th Oct

my wife's current leave (TIER 1 PBS dependant) will expire in 2016

I understand she will have to switch to dependant of a settled person as my immigration status has changed

Can you please advise where I may find the requirement that states the time limit of when she must switch?

we are looking to apply for her FLRM in December this year but a bit worried this might be too late.

Your reply will be immensely appreciated.

Apologies if you have already answered a similar question before

Regards,

dessy33

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08 pm

does anyone know how best to reply to the following question?
D13 Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:47 pm

dessy33 wrote:Hi Shahjee and other honourable members,

I recently got my ILR on 10th Oct

my wife's current leave (TIER 1 PBS dependant) will expire in 2016

I understand she will have to switch to dependant of a settled person as my immigration status has changed

Can you please advise where I may find the requirement that states the time limit of when she must switch?

we are looking to apply for her FLRM in December this year but a bit worried this might be too late.

Your reply will be immensely appreciated.

Apologies if you have already answered a similar question before

Regards,

dessy33
Hi, I am in the same situation like yours, the adivce I got is that you should change as soon as possible, however, there is no define time what is as soon as but I assume you have to apply your common sense here. This is a gray area of the law but hope you should be alright if you apply sooner and you should not delay until December unless it is something unavoidable. Furthermore, you should also meet the income requirement and the visa will be given for 2.5 years towards a five years settlement route. Anyone, differing this information please comment.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:23 am

arsenal49 wrote:does anyone know how best to reply to the following question?
Simply mention where were you born and detail of your family member who currently live there.
State your current nationality.
State your home country, UK and any other country where you spent more than 5 years and your ties with that country example you studied and work there.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:51 am

Arsal385 wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:does anyone know how best to reply to the following question?
Simply mention where were you born and detail of your family member who currently live there.
State your current nationality.
State your home country, UK and any other country where you spent more than 5 years and your ties with that country example you studied and work there.

This is what I did

Country A Family & Friends
Country B Business
Country C Friends & Business

... and so on

PS: I also included the UK as it states to include UK

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 am

mizanbg wrote:
Hi, I am in the same situation like yours, the adivce I got is that you should change as soon as possible, however, there is no define time what is as soon as but I assume you have to apply your common sense here. This is a gray area of the law but hope you should be alright if you apply sooner and you should not delay until December unless it is something unavoidable. Furthermore, you should also meet the income requirement and the visa will be given for 2.5 years towards a five years settlement route. Anyone, differing this information please comment.

I would suggest that an early conversion would be in your favour as your spouse's 5 year period will start from the date you switch (if that's what your eventual aim would be)

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 am

shasus7 wrote:
rashenikki wrote:
hadi2012 wrote: Good news enjoy your freedom .
Congrats on all who have received their approval, just a quick question? my decision has been sent back but it still with royal mail - redelivery in progress as I did not receive a calling card, I also received a calling card from thedx - which I know is used for biometric, - I am hoping it an approval?
Hi rashenikki,

I believe approval is sent using DX as well since I clearly remember Shajee mentioning it previosuly. So I hope it's good news for you and many many congratulations, enjoy the good days ahead:)

Hi Everyone,

Recieved my approval
Approval date = 21/10/2014

Thanks everyone for your help and good luck to those still waiting.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 am

rashenikki wrote: Hi Everyone,

Recieved my approval
Approval date = 21/10/2014

Thanks everyone for your help and good luck to those still waiting.

great... and yes good luck to all still waiting :)

Ishtiaq2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ishtiaq2014 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am

Congratulation T.Ahmed and rasheniki for the approval of your ILR. Very well deserved. Now its time to celebrate and enjoy your freedom:-)

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Dear friends

I need a massive favour I have applied for set(lr) under 10 years rule on 03/10/2014 and payment taken on 10/10/2014 since then there is no update. I have received neither acknowledgement nor bio metric letter
It's nearly a month now no update what so ever

When I rang home office they don't have any information of my set lr application

Any one come across with this type of situation before or any one have any idea what to do next

Ur answers are highly appreciated

Thanks

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Post by Saman.NJ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused really :? :? :? . How does the Home office finds out when I was outside the UK? Obviously there is entry dates on the passport but how they know when I exited the UK? I assume they check entry stamps to other countries in the passport and compare it to the dates provided on the passport? What if it's written in an non-English (farsi) and using a different calendar(non-christian)?

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

apex221

Post by apex221 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 pm

@ Taz123

According to the time Set LR timeline the first week of October cases have been getting Biometric invitation from last week so I would assume it will come by the end of this week.

It is possible to receive the acknowledgement letter and biometric invitation together.

I know waiting is a killer but according to your timeline I think you will get it this week.

Don’t panic just yet! :idea:

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 pm

According to the set LR timeline on Google drive someone named "AL" who applied on the 20th of sept. received a decision in 5 weeks.

AL did you expedite your case ?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Saman.NJ wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused really :? :? :? . How does the Home office finds out when I was outside the UK? Obviously there is entry dates on the passport but how they know when I exited the UK? I assume they check entry stamps to other countries in the passport and compare it to the dates provided on the passport? What if it's written in an non-English (farsi) and using a different calendar(non-christian)?

Hi Saman.NJ,
You have asked the questions and pretty much answered them your self :lol:
Although UK exit stamps are not there but entry to other countries stamps are there, so not hard to tell for them.
In this Stone Age if your passport is even stamped in a different language it is not hard work for them to interpret, so many language experts are there working for the Home Office, and obviously they have asked you a question already in the form regards to that if you answer it wrong or try deception than you know the result...
So always be very defined on the dates of entry and exit as that is frankly the only thing for case worker to investigate in a SET(LR) application, as you know there is no other compulsion like showing income, or job e.t.c.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm

rosazeet wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
rosazeet wrote:please can somebody PM the wording of letter to HO to put my application on hold until my husband ILR application decision. i m applying FLR(fp).
thanks
Hi rosazeet,
I have PM you the copy of the covering letter. Give me a shout if you need any further help.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks shahjee, but I cannot open my PM as it says restricted. Can you email me now if possible thanks.
Rosazeet@gmail.com
Hi rosazeet,
I have send you the specimen through email now, please check and acknowledge that you have received it. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Post by Saman.NJ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:56 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Saman.NJ,
Although UK exit stamps are not there but entry to other countries stamps are there, so not hard to tell for them.
In this Stone Age if your passport is even stamped in a different language it is not hard work for them to interpret, so many language experts are there working for the Home Office, and obviously they have asked you a question already in the form regards to that if you answer it wrong or try deception than you know the result...
So always be very defined on the dates of entry and exit as that is frankly the only thing for case worker to investigate in a SET(LR) application, as you know there is no other compulsion like showing income, or job e.t.c.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Many Thanks Shahjee. That answered all my questions. God bless :lol:

I asked another question in the other pages, but no answer, can you help me with that one (as below) please? Thanks again :)

I can apply for my ILR(10 years) now, and my husband (currently my PBS dependent-Valid until May2015) wants to apply for FLR(M) when my settlement is approved. The problem is that he has to leave the UK around mid-December 2015 for business for about a week, and then apply for FLR(M) on his return.

My questions is, if I apply for my settlement now, when exactly my previous PBS visa (and his consequently) will become invalid? at the time of application? at the time of biometric? or at time of approval for settlement? and when is the latest he can leave and return to the UK with his current dependent visa?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:08 pm

tuliprose wrote:Hi,

Do any of the member has any email or letter from Home Office confirming that time spent as student dependent will be counted towards SET(M) application ?

I saw a post from a member (GOd Helps) on Fri 17th Oct on this thread and tried sending PM but for some reason PM does not go through.

I'll applying SET(M) for my wife soon and need confirmation if her student dependent stay will be counted towards ILR.

I'll be really thankful if you have any kind of written confirmation from Home regarding above.

Many Thanks.
Hi tuliprose,
If you don't mind to share a bit of history regards to your wife case and than it will be easy to asses your situation. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Saman.NJ wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Saman.NJ,
Kind regards
Shahjee

I asked another question in the other pages, but no answer, can you help me with that one (as below) please? Thanks again :)

I can apply for my ILR(10 years) now, and my husband (currently my PBS dependent-Valid until May2015) wants to apply for FLR(M) when my settlement is approved. The problem is that he has to leave the UK around mid-December 2015 for business for about a week, and then apply for FLR(M) on his return.

My questions is, if I apply for my settlement now, when exactly my previous PBS visa (and his consequently) will become invalid? at the time of application? at the time of biometric? or at time of approval for settlement? and when is the latest he can leave and return to the UK with his current dependent visa?

As a good practice, as soon as you receive approval on your SET LR then your husband will need to apply his extension as a dependant of a settled person through FLR (M) application. There is no hard and fast rule that your husband stay in the UK will be invalid after your SET LR approval, He can stay in the UK until his visa valid but it may create a problem if he travels abroad and returns to UK again. So taking this into account it is always a good idea to change his visa status before he wants to travel abroad.

Based on the current google drive tracker. If you apply for your SET LR application now, you will get your approval by the end of January or February next year so he is safe to travel abroad in December this year for a week.

Also bear in mind if your husband will need to spend 5 years in the UK on FLR (M) in order to be eligible for ILR and all of his current stay will be disregarded by HO.

Shahjee bhai can assist you further with his more solid response.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:47 pm

12years wrote:According to the set LR timeline on Google drive someone named "AL" who applied on the 20th of sept. received a decision in 5 weeks.

AL did you expedite your case ?
Looks like he expedited his case on medical ground. See his comments on tracker.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

As a good practice, as soon as you receive approval on your SET LR then your husband will need to apply his extension as a dependant of a settled person through FLR (M) application. There is no hard and fast rule that your husband stay in the UK will be invalid after your SET LR approval, He can stay in the UK until his visa valid but it may create a problem if he travels abroad and returns to UK again. So taking this into account it is always a good idea to change his visa status before he wants to travel abroad.

Based on the current google drive tracker. If you apply for your SET LR application now, you will get your approval by the end of January or February next year so he is safe to travel abroad in December this year for a week.

Also bear in mind if your husband will need to spend 5 years in the UK on FLR (M) in order to be eligible for ILR and all of his current stay will be disregarded by HO.

Shahjee bhai can assist you further with his more solid response.[/quote]

Hi Saman.NJ,
I agree with Arsal385 to the extent that your husband should change his status as soon as possible once you get your ILR, but with your application pending in the month of December, will it be a wise for him to travel abroad ? Frankly I will not advise this, although his status is still legitimate but is it good enough for him to travel ? Frankly you should get clear answers to these questions before he even think to travel, as you don't want to jeopardise his legitimate stay for any small little misunderstanding of the rule.
Fully agree with Arsal385, on your husband validity of previous status after you are granted ILR, but he has to change it to that of Dependent of a Settled person through FLR(M) before he plans to travel abroad.
Hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm

I never understood what situations will lead to MP helping one of the reason is Health ....but if someone has health problem they would want to get treated here rather than going back to their country ...........so how does health used to expedite the process just curious ....
Last edited by maddysheffield on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.