ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA QUESTION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sully_06

SPOUSE VISA QUESTION

Post by sully_06 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi

First of all a big thanks for having me on this forum!

Basically I am a uk born british citizen and I have just got married in Pakistan and want to bring my wife over to the uk,

I have been doing some research and I am planning on sending over 6 months worth of bank statements and 6 months worth of wage slips for both jobs I have, when I apply for her visa in around june/july

My main income is from my full time job I have worked there for 5 years now and earn £17510 per annum,

My second job Is again permanent BUT part time and I have been there for 3 months as of yet so im waiting till I collect 6 months wage slips before I apply for the visa, with these both combined I will have exceeded the £18600 per annum as I earn around £500 per month from this part time job

when I went to get married I got 16 days holidays from my main job BUT only 8 days were with pay and the other 8 were unpaid as I ran out of annual leave, so this will be reflected on one of my wage slips as a decrease in gross pay as the rest of the months are all the same gross pay , my part time job was all paid holidays so theres no issues there,

I just want to be sure how the UKBA will work out my salaries and use it against their requirements? as I read somewere that on my salaried income the UKBA will pick the lowest months wage from the wage slips that I send them and work it out according to that and use that for my annual salary? so basically the month I had unpaid holidays my gross for that month will be £900 so if they work it put to that then my annual salary will be around £10000 , and by all means I will have 1 wage slip that will have a lower gross on it that the rest as of the 8 days unpaid holiday/leave I took to go and get married .

Also what Category's do I need to fill in on the appendix 2 form for both jobs?

Also would 6 months worth of bank statements and 6 months pay slips for both my jobs be enough?

Lastly will 6 months statements

thanks in advance!

SoHopeful

Re: SPOUSE VISA QUESTION

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:02 am

If I'm not mistaken, the only way you can get around this with salaried employment is by using Cat B and showing you have earned £18,600 in the previous 12 months, unless you can delay the application until you have six consecutive months at a minimum of £1550 total each month.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 am

i forgot to mention that on the month that i had the unpaid leave i got a bonus too which bought my gross pay back up to just abit under my normal wage.

i think i have read that a bonus or overtime will be counted as income , so please somone correct me if im wrong?

Thanks!

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 am

Can anyone advise?

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:07 am

Anyone?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:36 am

As long as your minimum gross income is 1550 in the month and shows on your pay slip and bank statement then,that should be fine.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks for the reply!

Also i have a part time job aswell so, both of these jobs combined per month should be £1550 or over ?

Also how ill they work out my part time job which is non salaried ? and how ill they work out my Main job which is Salaried?

Secondly my part time job is paid to me by cash every month BUT i pay tax and its through the books and everything the only diffrence is that i get paid cash rather than into my bank account for this 1 day a week part time job,will this cause any issues?

Also please if a moderator can advise regarding this that will be great !

Thanks

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am

I really don't know how you gonna convince ECO about cash being paid to you,I think that's the main reason why they wanna see pay slip and bank statements. It will be better to be patient and sort all this first.it's not worth it applying and your mind isn't at rest.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 am

Rayking wrote:I really don't know how you gonna convince ECO about cash being paid to you,I think that's the main reason why they wanna see pay slip and bank statements. It will be better to be patient and sort all this first.it's not worth it applying and your mind isn't at rest.
is it a must that i need to show them my cash wages aswell? as its all through the book and they can contact HMRC and confirm with them ?

ok i think you maybe right just to hang fire let month go by that i took the unpaid leave which will be end of april , so start from 1st of may , and to start putting my wages from my second job in the bank, BUT they will be coming staright out again for bills etc ,or i will speak to my employer and see if they will put the money into my account -

But also if anyone else has any info regarding this then please dont hesitate to comment

Many Thanks!

alis92005

SPOUSE VISA QUESTION

Post by alis92005 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi,
I am british settled in UK
I work as a self employee last 7 months.

1- I need to know self-employment 6 months will be acceptable or not?
2- £18600 need to be gross income or net income ?
3- What documents exactly are required as self employee?

Thank you for helping

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 am

Hi,

Sorry i dont know anything abit it im new to this also

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 pm

[quote="sully_06"]Hi,

Sorry i dont know anything abit it im new to this also[/quote]

ok thanks you

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:43 pm

sully_06 wrote:Hi

First of all a big thanks for having me on this forum!

Basically I am a uk born british citizen and I have just got married in Pakistan and want to bring my wife over to the uk,

I have been doing some research and I am planning on sending over 6 months worth of bank statements and 6 months worth of wage slips for both jobs I have, when I apply for her visa in around june/july

My main income is from my full time job I have worked there for 5 years now and earn £17510 per annum,

My second job Is again permanent BUT part time and I have been there for 3 months as of yet so im waiting till I collect 6 months wage slips before I apply for the visa, with these both combined I will have exceeded the £18600 per annum as I earn around £500 per month from this part time job

when I went to get married I got 16 days holidays from my main job BUT only 8 days were with pay and the other 8 were unpaid as I ran out of annual leave, so this will be reflected on one of my wage slips as a decrease in gross pay as the rest of the months are all the same gross pay , my part time job was all paid holidays so theres no issues there,

I just want to be sure how the UKBA will work out my salaries and use it against their requirements? as I read somewere that on my salaried income the UKBA will pick the lowest months wage from the wage slips that I send them and work it out according to that and use that for my annual salary? so basically the month I had unpaid holidays my gross for that month will be £900 so if they work it put to that then my annual salary will be around £10000 , and by all means I will have 1 wage slip that will have a lower gross on it that the rest as of the 8 days unpaid holiday/leave I took to go and get married .

Also what Category's do I need to fill in on the appendix 2 form for both jobs?

Also would 6 months worth of bank statements and 6 months pay slips for both my jobs be enough?

Lastly will 6 months statements

thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am in a similar situation, I took 1 month leave of which 2 weeks were unpaid. Did you apply in the end? I am on 23k salary with regular monthly income except last months. Does that mean I should go for Category B? I have 1 year payslips which show regular incomes except one month and want to send all of them. I dont want to wait another 6 months!!

I would appreciate it if you share your experience.

Thanks,

galaxy122
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy122 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Documents list for ILR dependant
Hello everyone, I am new to immigrationboards.com and I have a query regarding the documents that need to be provided for ILR dependant file. My husband has applied for his ILR on the basis of his 10 years stay in the UK and is expected to get it soon. I will then soon be joining him as his dependan...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

galaxy122 wrote:Documents list for ILR dependant
Hello everyone, I am new to immigrationboards.com and I have a query regarding the documents that need to be provided for ILR dependant file. My husband has applied for his ILR on the basis of his 10 years stay in the UK and is expected to get it soon. I will then soon be joining him as his dependan...

Look in the appropriate forum for ILR issues

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

galaxy122
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy122 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:08 am

batleykhan wrote:

That thread has been locked ..... is there anyother thread where i can post my query please. Much appreciated.
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.