ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dawny
Newly Registered

Complicated question

Post by dawny » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi this is my first post.I am trying to help my friend obtain British citizenship for herself and 2 childrenThe family all have ILR she is taking her life in the uk test next month.Her 9 year old son was born in Turkey but her 8 year old daughter was born here but has no right to british citizenship.Im not sure how to proceed.Do all the family have to pay for citizenship or does it come as a package.Any help will be appreciated thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Complicated question

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Each applicant has to pay a fee - £906 for an adult and £669 per child.

The mother would also have to meet the English B1 language test in addition to the Life in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dawny
Newly Registered

Post by dawny » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks Char she has everything in place and is only waiting for a second attempt at life in the uk.I cant work out which form I use for the younger child I don't want to make an expensive mistake

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am

dawny wrote:Hi this is my first post.I am trying to help my friend obtain British citizenship for herself and 2 childrenThe family all have ILR she is taking her life in the uk test next month.Her 9 year old son was born in Turkey but her 8 year old daughter was born here but has no right to british citizenship.Im not sure how to proceed.Do all the family have to pay for citizenship or does it come as a package.Any help will be appreciated thank you.
Experts can tell you better but if child born in UK after she obtained her ILR, then child is automatically British and can apply for their passport.

But if child was born before she obtained ILR then after they got ILR and parent is eligible for British Citizenship, they will use Form MN1.

Please click here for a comprehensive list prepared by experts.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

Why is she doing Life in the UK again when this would have been required when she applied for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dawny
Newly Registered

Post by dawny » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:56 am

Hi thanks for your answer but everyone now has to have passed the life in the uk test.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am

You are misunderstanding my question.

When did she get ILR?

Did she do the Life in the UK test for ILR? This is a fundamental requirement for ILR, except for some exceptional circumstances I think.

If she did LIUK test for ILR, she DOES NOT have to do the test again for citizenship. Does she meet the English B1 language test requirement? This alsos HAS to be done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:You are misunderstanding my question.

When did she get ILR?

Did she do the Life in the UK test for ILR? This is a fundamental requirement for ILR, except for some exceptional circumstances I think.

If she did LIUK test for ILR, she DOES NOT have to do the test again for citizenship. Does she meet the English B1 language test requirement? This alsos HAS to be done.
Life in the UK & English requirement was introduced only a year or two ago. Maybe she got her ILR before that.
Also to OP, even if LIUK & English Language criteria wasn't introduced before she applied for ILR, she still has to get both done before she applies for naturalisation.
Goodluck.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 pm

[iD] wrote:Life in the UK & English requirement was introduced only a year or two ago. Maybe she got her ILR before that.
Also to OP, even if LIUK & English Language criteria wasn't introduced before she applied for ILR, she still has to get both done before she applies for naturalisation.
LIUK has been a requirement for quite a while. English only since Oct 2013.

As the OP has not put the exact details/dates, it is anyone's guess.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dawny
Newly Registered

Post by dawny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 am

Hi thanks for your replies to clarify she came to the uk in 2006 and the whole family were granted ilr in 2009. She didn't do liuk test for ilr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:09 am

Then yes, she needs both LIUK and English B1 for naturalisation application, this applies to ALL applicants over 18.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dawny
Newly Registered

Post by dawny » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Much appreciate all your replies thank you