ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mike_k

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by mike_k » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:41 am

Hi Brightlight, I (still) feel sorry for you. My application for ILR took 7.5 months and was straightforward so I can understand your frustration. I was hopeful that the new service standards would mean that these delays wouldn't happen anymore. Unfortunately, I was wrong and it appears these standards aren't adhered to (I don't quite understand the point of them...). Thanks for sharing the information about having to write to them for information. I guess contacting your MP is your next step. Good luck! If I were you I would also make a formal complaint. Remember, you are applying to become a "whinging pom"!

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:43 pm

mike_k wrote:Hi Brightlight, I (still) feel sorry for you. My application for ILR took 7.5 months and was straightforward so I can understand your frustration. I was hopeful that the new service standards would mean that these delays wouldn't happen anymore. Unfortunately, I was wrong and it appears these standards aren't adhered to (I don't quite understand the point of them...). Thanks for sharing the information about having to write to them for information. I guess contacting your MP is your next step. Good luck! If I were you I would also make a formal complaint. Remember, you are applying to become a "whinging pom"!
Dear Mike K,
Thank you for your kind post, reading your opinion does comfort me a little. Yes you are right this country seems to run on no standard, how do they judge which application 1 month, which one 6-7 months. Why do they need us to get MP to chase them up if it is their work, straightforward check eligibility and documents.

The point is we have right to obtain information, it should be simple without having to ring multiple times and they try to hold on to time.

I appreciate your advice here Mike K.
For other guys info.( if you are on the same boat, hopefully not)
After 6 months make sure you do:
1. Call them, chase them, if not your case might be left unattended.
2. Write to your MP, as many people here advise.
3. Write to the British Nationality office, ONLY BY REGISTERED mail. So you save your time. 1-2 weeks.

I hope by the end of this week I will get update from either
The MP or Home Office.

faani

Post by faani » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

brightlight wrote:
mike_k wrote:Hi Brightlight, I (still) feel sorry for you. My application for ILR took 7.5 months and was straightforward so I can understand your frustration. I was hopeful that the new service standards would mean that these delays wouldn't happen anymore. Unfortunately, I was wrong and it appears these standards aren't adhered to (I don't quite understand the point of them...). Thanks for sharing the information about having to write to them for information. I guess contacting your MP is your next step. Good luck! If I were you I would also make a formal complaint. Remember, you are applying to become a "whinging pom"!
Dear Mike K,
Thank you for your kind post, reading your opinion does comfort me a little. Yes you are right this country seems to run on no standard, how do they judge which application 1 month, which one 6-7 months. Why do they need us to get MP to chase them up if it is their work, straightforward check eligibility and documents.

The point is we have right to obtain information, it should be simple without having to ring multiple times and they try to hold on to time.

I appreciate your advice here Mike K.
For other guys info.( if you are on the same boat, hopefully not)
After 6 months make sure you do:
1. Call them, chase them, if not your case might be left unattended.
2. Write to your MP, as many people here advise.
3. Write to the British Nationality office, ONLY BY REGISTERED mail. So you save your time. 1-2 weeks.

I hope by the end of this week I will get update from either
The MP or Home Office.

Hiya

I'm also waiting my 6 months going to be completed on Thursday this week

I called them today for updates n I been told its still in progress ( same robotic reply)

I'm now thinking to write a letter to my MP

I pray all those who are still waiting get their approvals soon InshAllah

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 pm

[/b]
Hi guys I am back to home last week. I thoughts the letter it will be waiting for me but unfortunately from the home office is nothing I received. Today I went to NCS and asked if they were received or heard something. The lady called the home office for update but the home office reply his application is still in prosses even the 6 month period is already past some cases need to long that is why you need to just waiting.
I had connected MP as well but he got the same reply from the home office.
I don't know what can I do?
Best wishes
Babe khyber

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 pm

babe_khyber wrote:[/b]
Hi guys I am back to home last week. I thoughts the letter it will be waiting for me but unfortunately from the home office is nothing I received. Today I went to NCS and asked if they were received or heard something. The lady called the home office for update but the home office reply his application is still in prosses even the 6 month period is already past some cases need to long that is why you need to just waiting.
Best wishes
Babe khyber
Just keep writing and calling I guess, nothing else we can do.
We wrote to MP, we wrote to them.
Sorry to hear that baby kybe and fanni, are still waiting.

Let hope this week we will get some good news x

faani

Post by faani » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 am

brightlight wrote:
Best wishes
Babe khyber

Hiya

Any update.......

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

faani wrote:
brightlight wrote:
Best wishes
Babe khyber
No Fanni,

Nothing
No no news from anyone.
Hmmm

Hiya

Any update.......

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Any news?? No news from my side.

Brightlight

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:56 am

Received called from MP 's secretary, he will try to find out for me.
Why the application took so long.

Let s hope.
X

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Good luck mate. I'd suggest making sure your MP knows that the home office haven't adhered to their own service standards which required them to contact you to let you know that your application would take longer than six months and to also explain "what will happen next". This should give your MP some leverage over them and might help prevent the home office fobbing him/her off.

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi

For all those who have been waiting for 4 months or so, I would suggest to call HO at least once.

I had submitted MN1 for my daughter using NCS on 9th May.

I waited and called them only once on 10th Sep morning around 11 am and was told that application is under consideration and I should expect the outcome in next 2 weeks.

Surprisingly, I got the certificate on 13th Sep with Certificate date of 10th Sep and Cover Letter dated 11th Sep. Somehow, I feel they may have pushed the application on the same day(I have read abt such cases where application been pushed immediately after receiving enquiry call). So, I would suggest to give a call to them at least once and hope for the best in next few days.

Thanks

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 pm

at last , called ho today and was told the decision was posted on monday 22nd, yes !! , pretty sure contacting my mp sped things up, the guy was brilliant

faani

Post by faani » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:12 am

elthamman wrote:at last , called ho today and was told the decision was posted on monday 22nd, yes !! , pretty sure contacting my mp sped things up, the guy was brilliant

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting n need to write a letter to my MP. have you got any template?????????? What info I need to give ??????

Pls somebody share the letter template please.............................................................

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 pm

just send an email explaining the situation,give him all information ,your details, address and reference number, thats it

Nika25
Newly Registered

Post by Nika25 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:10 am

Hi All,

Is anyone here, who is waiting from January??? Or only me ...I applied on 13th of January 2014 and i am still waiting. I tried to call them and of course got Standard Answer : in process.... :evil:

Best Regards,

Nika

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:32 am

Nika25 wrote:Hi All,

Is anyone here, who is waiting from January??? Or only me ...I applied on 13th of January 2014 and i am still waiting. I tried to call them and of course got Standard Answer : in process.... :evil:

Best Regards,

Nika

why dont you write to HO?they shouldve give u the reason and i mean really good valid reason to say why they kept u almost 10 months.after 6 months they shouldve give u the reason as they said it in acknowledgment letter...write to HO,go to ur MP and ask him/her if kindly can write to HO and request an answer for ur long waiting,dont sit and wait doing noting.i know the person done like u and sat quietly for 25 months,until he didnt followed his case and didnt asked his local MP noting came,after going to his MP he got his approval aprox 3 weeks after...do ur self a massive favor and follow ur case,otherwise nobody doesnt care or give a damn u r waiting almost for 10 months...up to u now...good luck

Nika25
Newly Registered

Post by Nika25 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 am

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:

Best Regards,

Nika

why dont you write to HO?they shouldve give u the reason and i mean really good valid reason to say why they kept u almost 10 months.after 6 months they shouldve give u the reason as they said it in acknowledgment letter...write to HO,go to ur MP and ask him/her if kindly can write to HO and request an answer for ur long waiting,dont sit and wait doing noting.i know the person done like u and sat quietly for 25 months,until he didnt followed his case and didnt asked his local MP noting came,after going to his MP he got his approval aprox 3 weeks after...do ur self a massive favor and follow ur case,otherwise nobody doesnt care or give a damn u r waiting almost for 10 months...up to u now...good luck

Hi Sonnyboy,

Thank you a lot for your advice. I will write an email today to my MP. I hope i will get reply... :(

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:33 pm

Nika25 wrote:
Sonnyboy8011 wrote:

Best Regards,

Nika

Hi Sonnyboy,

Thank you a lot for your advice. I will write an email today to my MP. I hope i will get reply... :(

now is ur turn to demand the answer,,,u kept silence enough even 4 more months than u supposed to keep quiet,they shoulve tell u why the 6 months passed day after the 6 months time complete...remember they have to satisfy u now with very valid answer...good luck..may the good karma be on ur side.

Brockadisiac
Newly Registered

Post by Brockadisiac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:42 am

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:

Best Regards,

Nika

Hie nika25! I applied on 07 Jan 2014 and I can tell you that I aswel I am still waiting... I sent emails, called and same old answer. I contacted the mo and he tried to chase it up for me but the response was

>>> The Home Office has to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the particular circumstances of each application but progress is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying them out on our behalf. So far the enquiries have not been completed with regard to your own application and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify you accordingly.

So in contacting the MP he requested by mistake my documents to be returned to me and I was horrified for them to come with 4passports that do not belong to me! I sent them back after telling the mayor the situation and still no update on my case. I even wrote a letter beginning of sep and 2and a half weeks later got a reply saying they are still doing checks so now I am right back at the beginning because they are really not saying why the delay

Nika25
Newly Registered

Post by Nika25 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 am

Hi Brockadisiac,

Sad to hear this! I wrote an email to my MP. So, I am waiting too. I don't understand this system! People who applied in may or june, already got theirs approuvals..... :roll:

I hope we will get ours as well one day....

Nika

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:57 pm

If your time frame is more than 6 months, best way forward is Complaints procedure; Set out your complaint clearly and briefly, including dates and any reference numbers where possible, then email or send it to:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Any one from Feb please share again your time line
I applied on 21 Feb 2014 Through N C S Sheffield.
Acknowledgem received 01 Mar 2014
Fee debit 26 Feb 2014
Then waiting even I had envolled MP as well but he says the home office put in mondotery check in will be taking more then 6 month its mean you just waiting to decide.
I don't know why its taking to long if I were here since 2006 nothing absence in the past 6 year.
I have just hope.
Babe khyber

devtiki
Newly Registered

Post by devtiki » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 am

Still nothing from the home office. Got the MP involved as well. But got a generic reply form the HO to say that necessary checks are being made and will take more than 6 months. Only time will tell.

faani

Post by faani » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:14 pm

devtiki wrote:Still nothing from the home office. Got the MP involved as well. But got a generic reply form the HO to say that necessary checks are being made and will take more than 6 months. Only time will tell.

Hello guys

Any update????

Still waiting - nearly 8 months

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:27 pm

[quote="faani"][quote="devtiki"]Still nothing from the home office. Got the MP involved as well. But got a generic reply form the HO to say that necessary checks are being made and will take more than 6 months. Only time will tell.[/quote]

Hello guys

Any update????

Still waiting - nearly 8 months[/quote]

Hi guys,
I was received email reply from MP but unfortunately he is unable to Give me good news and he said the home office put to mandatory check and up till the check will carried out not taking decision that is why you need to wait even more than 6 month. Now is my 9th month finishing soon but still waiting I don't know what can I do apart from waiting.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber