ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

[iD]

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by [iD] » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
Hi guys,
I was received email reply from MP but unfortunately he is unable to Give me good news and he said the home office put to mandatory check and up till the check will carried out not taking decision that is why you need to wait even more than 6 month. Now is my 9th month finishing soon but still waiting I don't know what can I do apart from waiting.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Not only that it doesn't sound good, it's also pathetic to keep people hanging with not a hint of however long it's gonna take.
From the responses above, it sounds like that they have found this to be a new excuse to get people off their case. Simply tell people that some 'mandatory checks' are being carried out and it'll take as long as it takes. No time frame and no apology.
Goodluck.

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:05 pm

[iD] wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Hi guys,
I was received email reply from MP but unfortunately he is unable to Give me good news and he said the home office put to mandatory check and up till the check will carried out not taking decision that is why you need to wait even more than 6 month. Now is my 9th month finishing soon but still waiting I don't know what can I do apart from waiting.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber
Not only that it doesn't sound good, it's also pathetic to keep people hanging with not a hint of however long it's gonna take.
From the responses above, it sounds like that they have found this to be a new excuse to get people off their case. Simply tell people that some 'mandatory checks' are being carried out and it'll take as long as it takes. No time frame and no apology.
Hi all friends,
I have the same response and in same situation,

I got call and letter, saying do not wait, no time line, no reason,
It s mandatory check. They will keep checking as long as they want really.

I got feeling it will take up to another 6 months, in total could be a year waiting.

I have actually give up and not waiting and started travelling.
Carry on with your life's, and forget it for a while would be best solution.
All the best
Brightlight

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi guys,
How many people are still waiting for decision from February 2014 Application. Please share us your situation.
Thanks.
Babe khyber

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi guys,
How many people are still waiting for decision from February 2014 Application. Please share us your situation.
Thanks.
Babe khyber
Hi,I knw how u feeling,I noticed ur name is meaning is the great khaybar door and that's say u are or can be from middleast ,I too from middleast..U should knw this my bro/sis usually middleastern cases for citizenship take long because of some unknown reason,before applying lots of people told me about it but either I wasn't believing them or been thinking maybe they exaggerating it,but after applying myself and checking this forum I noticed there was some true to that theory..end of the day they gone give it ,but us they gone keep much or less longer...there's no logic to it at all as far as I know,but it's a way it is and we can't do anything part from patience my brothers and sisters..all of u from anywhere of this planet..I know it's hard but let's get on with our life and when it come...what can I say just comes ,that's all into it..don't let get into u and stop u being happy and make u miserable ...may the good karma be on everyone side...good luck

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Not middle east, Babe-Khyber is northwest Pakistan / NorthEast of Afghanistan, just for info.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi All the rest of Feb,

Any news guys?
For me I have been told to wait after New Year.
Look like they will definitely keep us to next year.
If any got good news please share to us.

Good luck speak soon

Nika25
Newly Registered

Post by Nika25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:20 am

Hi "brightlight",

Still waiting! Applied 13th of January and already lost my hope to get a letter in 2014 year...

Regards,

Nika

brightlight wrote:Hi All the rest of Feb,

Any news guys?
For me I have been told to wait after New Year.
Look like they will definitely keep us to next year.
If any got good news please share to us.

Good luck speak soon

Brockadisiac
Newly Registered

Post by Brockadisiac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:06 am

I got a letter from the home office after writing a complaint letter stating that they need more documents for my application.... I am going to send them off 2mr but I dunno now if they ask for more documents how much longer I have to wait till I get a decision.... can't believe on the 8th of Jan it will be a year since I made my application.

Brockadisiac
Newly Registered

Post by Brockadisiac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

got a letter from the home office after writing a complaint letter stating that they need more documents for my application.... I am going to send them off 2mr but I dunno now if they ask for more documents how much longer I have to wait till I get a decision.... can't believe on the 8th of Jan it will be a year since I made my application.

Brockadisiac
Newly Registered

Post by Brockadisiac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

got a letter from the home office after writing a complaint letter stating that they need more documents for my application.... I am going to send them off 2mr but I dunno now if they ask for more documents how much longer I have to wait till I get a decision.... can't believe on the 8th of Jan it will be a year since I made my application.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:52 am

Brockadisiac wrote:got a letter from the home office after writing a complaint letter stating that they need more documents for my application.... I am going to send them off 2mr but I dunno now if they ask for more documents how much longer I have to wait till I get a decision.... can't believe on the 8th of Jan it will be a year since I made my application.
Could you please tell us what documents they asked? It is really bizarre they have kept yourapplication since January . They only say they need more documents after a complaint letter.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi friends,
After a long time fainlly I have received the brown envelope from the home office but unfortunately it is not approval or not refused. Its just mention about the mandatary checks and Naturalisation is not automatic right that is why we are regularly Montere and when the checks is done then we will be in the position of decision. Thank you.
Best wishes for the rest.
Babe khyber

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Babe_khyber,
Good luck, just have to wait. I had this letter last month.

It looks like we still have to wait for a while, maybe next year.
My MP said that it's possible, that it will be next year.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Guys u both babe khaybar and brightlight waiting for such a long time,why don't you write to Home Secretary Theresa May and shadow Home Secretary?....even write to mr Ed Miliband and number 10...ask this simple question :what's different between me and those super sonic fast approved people who got approval in 14 working days..if there's pls explain what is it pls?...if theres not then why I don't get the same way treated?....plus ur name and ho reference number...I wrote to Home Secretary and shadow secrarery on Sunday by email and post the letter on Monday ..u should do it guys...I'm one person and can't make much difference but if few of us doing this at least we got they're attention and they font think this is just single isolated incident..up to u ,but Hay what u got to lose ,I don't think they can do worse than keeping us almost year or even 2 years..I'm in my 4th months but I knw I'm gone be like u guys,that's y I started writing to anyone I can to make difference...one more Question guys,can I ask u both babe khaybar and brightlight where u come from and what's ur nationality?...but if u don't mind to answer,if u do then I'm sorry I adked...take care..good luck and I wish u both asap to get what u expecting to receive .

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:23 pm

I would also mention that you have paid £906 for a service and HO has failed to deliver with their set time frame. Not only that, they have also failed to provide reason for the delay.
I would also mention that HO has confirmed in various FOI requests that they don't use third party companies but yet when asked about delays on naturalisation application, their standard reply is that they are waiting for response from third party.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 pm

I can't believe this is really happening and there are still people waiting since February! I'm all up for writing to Theresa May, I'd probably write to every single MP every single day until they are sick of seeing my name! Come on, do it guys - I can't do it yet, I've officially still got to wait 2 weeks until I can start to complain.

Seriously, this matter is turning me into a female version of Victor Meldrew!!!
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm agree with you, its totally discrimination

Samaralady wrote:I can't believe this is really happening and there are still people waiting since February! I'm all up for writing to Theresa May, I'd probably write to every single MP every single day until they are sick of seeing my name! Come on, do it guys - I can't do it yet, I've officially still got to wait 2 weeks until I can start to complain.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:20 am

Samaralady wrote:I can't believe this is really happening and there are still people waiting since February! I'm all up for writing to Theresa May, I'd probably write to every single MP every single day until they are sick of seeing my name! Come on, do it guys - I can't do it yet, I've officially still got to wait 2 weeks until I can start to complain.

U don't need to wait for 6 months,I'm about to finish 4 months but start writing...just ask why ur case got this much delay compare to usual cases..the reason is because they didn't start the checks,at least I knw for my case..I'm sure for most of ur case the reason of delay is because they didn't start the checks yet,otherwise crb.hm revenue and etc...doesn't take longer than 6 weeks..

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Dear Friends,
Thank you for posts and sympathy for us who are waiting.

It is seem like they try to slow everything down for some reason, which I don't know.
Immigration limited number per year? maybe?
Or else I don't know but you can see more and more people waiting. With the answer from home office only say, further checking is needed and there is no time limit.

Believe me, I have done all I could in the past, and give up.

Called every day, write, email to home office.

To MP, even to some other MP..
But all letter call return with same answer..
Further check needed and there is no time frame limit.
They will contact me back if they are satisfied.
But when??
I just carry on my life I wasted time and money on chasing.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:40 pm

brightlight wrote:Dear Friends,

It is seem like they try to slow everything down for some reason, which I don't know.
Or else I don't know but you can see more and more people waiting. With the answer from home office only say, further checking is needed and there is no time limit.

But when??

U done all u could as u said,of u can and want just write one more letter to shadow home secretary ..up to u..good luck

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:

But when??

U done all u could as u said,of u can and want just write one more letter to shadow home secretary ..up to u..good luck

It can't be a limited number of applications per year because in the other forum I saw one person who applied in late October and got his approval in November. 4 weeks! If there was a limited number, they should let everyone wait. And what are the differences between the tests they carry out on someone who gets their approval within 4 weeks and someone who has to wait 10 months? Please!
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Samaralady wrote:
Sonnyboy8011 wrote:

But when??

It can't be a limited number of applications per year because in the other forum I saw one person who applied in late October and got his approval in November. 4 weeks! If there was a limited number, they should let everyone wait. And what are the differences between the tests they carry out on someone who gets their approval within 4 weeks and someone who has to wait 10 months? Please!

Dear Samara,
I understand what you mean, and I am one of those who is waiting, so I also don't know and I neither can answer why some get approvedin 4 weeks.

They have right to do what they want, as you can see.
They don't process with in time frame and don't give reason why.. And they are still right.. What can you do?

The person who get application approved faster, before us might be a person they think they are good and of course, they can not set limit of how many applications per year.

Read the news and try to understand that they are worried about, the level of increasing immigration.

If they want to hold and slow the process, do you think they can do it???

Yes you know answer that s why we are here waiting.
We are the weakest links!

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

It can't be a limited number of applications per year because in the other forum I saw one person who applied in late October and got his approval in November. 4 weeks! If there was a limited number, they should let everyone wait. And what are the differences between the tests they carry out on someone who gets their approval within 4 weeks and someone who has to wait 10 months? Please![/quote]

Dear Samara,
I understand what you mean, and I am one of those who is waiting, so I also don't know and I neither can answer why some get approvedin 4 weeks.

They have right to do what they want, as you can see.
They don't process with in time frame and don't give reason why.. And they are still right.. What can you do?

The person who get application approved faster, before us might be a person they think they are good and of course, they can not set limit of how many applications per year.

Read the news and try to understand that they are worried about, the level of increasing immigration.

If they want to hold and slow the process, do you think they can do it???

Yes you know answer that s why we are here waiting.
We are the weakest links![/quote]

Just out of curiosity, why do you think we are the weakest link?
Albert Einstein

Brockadisiac
Newly Registered

Post by Brockadisiac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Hie guys!!! So on the 7th of Jan it will be a year for me since I made my application. I did called so many times without number, I e-mailed. And even wrote to my MP. I did not hear anything from the home office until I wrote in to the complaints department... after 2 weeks of e mailing the complaint I got a letter asking for some documentation for proof of language of which I had sent a copy

I sent an original to them and 11 days later I got another letter asking for proof of residency uurrgghh.... so I just sent my hm revenue letter on tue now I don't kno how long I will wait till I get a reply either asking for more info or the decision

I had sent some of the documents they were asking me bt who knows why they asked for them again.

Has anyone been asked to send in further documents? I k ow kno the lady (case worker) who I'd dealing with my application... her name that is.... the thing is my council only does ceremonies once every month on a thhr.... I did not expect this to take a whole year. good luck. Everyone

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:01 am

Brockadisiac wrote:Hie guys!!! So on the 7th of Jan it will be a year for me since I made my application. I did called so many times without number, I e-mailed. And even wrote to my MP. I did not hear anything from the home office until I wrote in to the complaints department... after 2 weeks of e mailing the complaint I got a letter asking for some documentation for proof of language of which I had sent a copy

I sent an original to them and 11 days later I got another letter asking for proof of residency uurrgghh.... so I just sent my hm revenue letter on tue now I don't kno how long I will wait till I get a reply either asking for more info or the decision

I had sent some of the documents they were asking me bt who knows why they asked for them again.

Has anyone been asked to send in further documents? I k ow kno the lady (case worker) who I'd dealing with my application... her name that is.... the thing is my council only does ceremonies once every month on a thhr.... I did not expect this to take a whole year. good luck. Everyone

hi Brocadis,
I am so sorry to hear your news,.. No one knows what is actually going on here with the application, why so many people are still waiting.

For me no news, and it s coming up to 1 year, next year 2015.
Everything they ask for some documents, it takes them about 2 weeks to send that letter until we got the letter.

It takes about a week for us to send documents back to them.

If they ask for more documents few times. It could takes months.

We do not know why they asked for documents which they already have..
It is the same like they said they are carrying a further checking checking on the application until they are completed.

Once they complete the check, they will give us the decision.

Most of people who are waiting, I guess we would be all on the same route as like as Brocadis..

Sorry to guess, but all what happened to him, happened to me same.

Good luck all I can say. I think it will take longer..